let me see some pics of your uni

It started life as a Steve Howard frame, but the only parts I’m still using are the CNC’d aluminum legs. The original aluminum crown was the weak point (prone to break where the seat-tube attaches and not enough metal where the legs bolt on, so the holes where easily stripped). I built my own crown/seat-tube assembly for better reliability

Here’s my trials rig. It’s got a creepy crawler now, black JC pedals, lower-profile seat foam, and an eastern seat post clamp. I’m thinking about switching the frame to aluminum…other than that it’s a killer ride!

'tis a standard Torker LX seat that has been re-covered … bumpers have been the biggest problem

stroke stroke

heres mine

Heres my Muni! Its been up (and down) Mount Snowdon!

hay it looks like some people here have spray painted there uni does it hold up good or is it better to get it powdercoated

my newest baby.

Cathy

Writen to: Rage Against the Machine -Township Rebellion

I am absolutely no authority on painting unicycles but from what i can gather, painting chrome plated unicycles (most are chrome plated) doesn’t work, the paint chipps of.

Am I right in saying that the chrome needs to be sanded off then the frame needs to be powercoated? How much does it cost roughly?

Help appreciated -AndyC

i spray apinted my frame then just put on 3-4 layers of clearcoat and its help up fine.

just by looking at some of these uni’s i need to cusomize mine and make it more unique.

Was told by people who know that powder coating has far superior chip and scratch resistance than paint.

The outfit who did my daughters (see above), did not remove all the chrome, but did sandblast the heck out of it, then cleaned with solvent before spraying. Because it is heat cured it ‘flows’ over and flattens out small imperfections.

Have been real happy with results so far (4 months). But, keep in mind the uni is only used inside in a gym. The only real contact that the frame would have is in unplanned ‘crashes’ with other uni-riders such as practicing multiple rider routines. As she is an advanced rider her feet are on the shoulder of the frame about as much as on her pedals and I have noticed that the paint is beginning to wear at the corners of the shoulder. Not chipped but wearing/rubbed off. Would probably happen with regular paint too. Overall, no chips, few scratches but have no idea how it would hold up on Muni or street.

cost was $70US

Beast 29er
KH rim, WTB Exiwolf 2.3" tire, Profile 190mm cranks, modified Yuni frame with 26.8mm ID seat tube and JR quick-release bearing holders.

Beast9er.jpeg

Here is my Muni.

I call it the Monzta, as it is a Monstrous Onza.

I got Monzta vinyls made for it which are conveniently hidden by the crank in this photo.

24" LM rim
'04 Onza Hub/Cranks/Frame
UDC Gel Saddle
Halo Contra 3" Tyre
Original Onza Pedals
Frame has been powdercoated in Satin Black - shot-blasted, cleaned, and then powdercoated, £20.

Dirt from Ae Forest, Dumfries.

T.

Couldn’t resist…

monzta logo.jpg

brians uni is a torker 24 with a hookworm. Thats it.

Oooh… So pretty!