koxx

yer koxx unis look so much better than kh. kh are always the same blue colour.

Dude, you missing the whole point of ISIS even existing. The point of having an ISIS hub is so that you can switch out cranks whenever you want and whatnot. They ARE meant to be interchanged.

yea isis mean international slined interface STANDARD

so everything is standardised and you can have any isis cranks you want on any isis hub. so far everyone has got it right except koxx.

The thing is we are forced into buying a certain hub depending on what kind of cranks we want and if the old cranks break you are forced into getting the same kind again or rebuilding your wheel with a new hub. I have a koxx hub on my uni and I really like the look of the new KH cranks and theoretically I should be able to get some and use them but koxx messed it up.

I’ll bet you any money that if you ask KOXX why thier hub doesn’t fit other cranks, they say “because we want you to use our cranks” Pepsi, Coke, It’s all the same thing anyway isn’t it. And what if the manufacturer that makes KOXX’s hubs just didn’t get the specs right, is that KOXX’s fault. Ask Darren why he has to keep shimming his frames. I’ll bet that isn’t his fault at all. Maybe the real victim in all of this is KOXX. In fact, I bet they didn’t even know about it until someone on this forum found out.
I’ll be waiting for my RECALL slip in the mail.

Well nobody thinks they did it on purpose but the bad thing is that they still advertise it as ISIS when it isn’t and they probably know about it by now. The shim on the Bedford frame is completely different. Most frames I have seen are not perfect. If it is off by so little that a little piece of yellow tape or whatever can fix it then there is no harm done at all. Buying a hub thinking that you will be able to use any ISIS cranks then finding out you can’t kind of sucks.

Very good unis!

So if your car breaks the manufacturer could say “Oh, that part that broke wasn’t acutally produced by us, so its not our fault, actually we are the victim here!”.

When Koxx orders some Hubs from a manufacturer they must check if it was produced according to their specs. With the ISIS specs this is really simple and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes.
If they are too lazy or to dumb to do this, they should not produce or sell anything.

It’s also quite a coincidence that the Koxx cranks are the most expensive unicycle-cranks by far. Would be really a pity for Koxx if we could use the cheaper KH ones, wouldn’t it? If I could by the Koxx street cranks for 60€ (like the moment cranks) that would be fine, but 100€? Looks like a 40€ special Koxx-ISIS-tax to me…

i own a koxx ISIS hub and crank set.

i dont care what the hell they call it, i’ll only ever buy koxx hubs and cranks again. I really like them and am enjoying them, i dont care if they dont fit other hubs or cranks, cause i wont ever want to.

Has anyone took it upon themselves to e-mail Koxx and tell them about this, and ask what they have to say about it?

i was only thinking of doing that like 10 mins ago when i was reading this thread.

i migth do it later

I just sent one asking about it.

Sorry Dude, I don’t know where you are getting your KOXX stuff from, but its the cheapest set of cranks and hub that we can get in Canada. About $185.00 shipped to my door. Cranks alone are $70.00ish dollars. BEATS THE HELL OUT OF $250.00 Kris Holms/Onza. Probably only $20.00 more expensive than the Moment hub and cranks. And YOUR COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES. THE ALLOY KOXX CRANKS ARE THE SAME PRICE AS KRIS HOLMS ALLOYS. THE STREET CRANKS ARE COMPARABLE TO KRIS HOLMS CRO-MO ONZA.

Second, I didn’t say that they would tell you, “Oh it’s not my fault”, I just said that it isn’t thier fault. Yoggi is the squarest shooter in Unicycling today and has replaced or fixed any problem that has been brought to him. I’ll bet that if you package up your KOXX-1 hub and cranks and send it back with a letter stating that you hate it because it’s not ISIS, you would have your money back in a heart beat.

As I said before, I have KOXX-1 140mm cranks and hub. It was cheap, it works great and I would never want to put any other cranks on my hub anyway. KOXX-1 works for me and if they don’t work for you because you think they lie or they decieve, great, don’t buy thier stuff and there will be more for the rest of us who LOVE IT.

dude,

chillax.

+1

i couldnt have said it better myself

The Koxx cranks are $79USD from renegade and the KH moment cranks are $76USD from udc.

I really like koxx stuff too and at the moment I wouldn’t have a reason to get any cranks other than the ones I have. In the future when more and more ISIS cranks come up I wouldn’t be able to use them when I am supposed to be able to. It doesn’t make me mad but they should just stop calling it an ISIS hub if ISIS cranks won’t fit it.

I think it would be like if Miyata advertised that any seat would fit on their seatposts when you can really only use the miyata/lx seat. Then some people would be mad and some people would just say “why would I ever want a different seat?”

I know 4 people who have damaged his koxx cranks and nobody gets something replaced to Marco Yoggi said only that he has a bad technik and must learn a lot.

I really want shorter cranks for my uni, so would like to buy new ones as soon as possible. For me the options are K1 Street cranks or the 125mm moment cranks, but not the K1 alu ones because of their inferior shape for street. And of cource for me the European prices matter. By the way, your Caps-Lock seems to be defect.

I do like my K1, it has not failed on me. The new KH uses many good ideas that Koxx introduced to unicycling.
But Koxx and Yoggi had all the time in the world to reply to this ISIS-issue (apart from the problems that Lutz named). All Yoggi did was to post a cocky reply in Kris Holms thread. Though to be fair I really should email them about this. If I could get a cashback for my uni I would happily accept it and get a KH insteat.