koxx

since when is koxx not ISIS??

edit: read the rest of the thread… :\

Chase

Maybe it technically is, I don’t know. There were issues with ISIS stuff not being compatible, did you read the rest of this thread?

I’m still not completely clear on this issue of what is and isn’t ISIS

ISIS is SUPPOSED to be an international standard, that means that all parts built claiming to be ISIS should be compatible with each other. If they don’t work then they can not truely be defined as ISIS.

I think that there is probably some sort of issue in quality or production that stops the whole system from working but if they don’t match then at least one of them is not truely ISIS.

without the correct tools and all the hubs and cranks sat in front of me I can’t work out who has made the mistakes but someone is selling something as ISIS that isn’t.

Plumsie

Wendino from Municycle.com measured the hubs and Koxx seems to be out of the ISIS-specification (while KH and Quax are O.K.). The Koxx hub is slightly to large, which explains while the Koxx cranks work on other hubs (but maybe they could damage the hub because of the loose fit). So actually Koxx is violating the ISIS license agreement and could be sued by the ISIS consortium.
First they are incompetent for producing hubs that are out of the specs, then they lie to their customers by wrongly advertising it as ISIS :angry: . I am pretty pissed, because I bought a Koxx uni partly because it was advertised as ISIS.

The Koxx customer service seems to be the worst in the industry by far. You won’t get any help/replacement, even if it may be a production error (like cranks breaking after 3 weeks).

I bought a Koxx once, I will never buy one again. The new KH seems to be better in every aspect, so there is no reason (apart from looks) to by a Koxx.

Now this is a pissed costumer:D
I can understand him though.
I needed to buy a new KH hub to fit those new KH cranks on.

PM

I’d like to add that the ONZA tensile cranks work with the KH moment hub, as tested by Tony Melton.

I would think that the Koxx is stronger;)

Its still a bomb proof uni, And proly one of the strongest if not the strongest. The saddles are great and very strong. The tire pwns the creepy crawler which you get on the kh.

Thats personal prefrence.

To me, I prefer the CC over any other trials tire. I also like the regular KH fusion saddles over all the others. I actually life, for SIF, the crappy saddle that came on my sun. For being comfy I prefer the fat model KH saddles.

For strength, we really cant test that, though we should. Machines that just put direct downwards force on the cranks and see how much they can handle. Test like that.

Im not saying Koxx isnt a great uni, but what you mentions, someone can have the excact opposite feelings for.

guess what?

if its slightly lapger than the other ones then its gunna be stronger.

HOORAH for koxx hubs :slight_smile:

after reading this im MORE happy that i got one instead of a KH

id imagine its a great review but im dutch not french

There is more to strength than just diameter.
A larger diameter axle can still be weaker if it is not designed properly. There are lots of little engineering details and materials details that will affect the strength more than just a slightly larger diameter.

So just knowing the Koxx has a slightly larger (and non-ISIS compliant) diameter tells you nothing of value about strength.

would it be possible to grind to koxx axle down a little bit to make it ISIS?

Would you really want to grind your Koxx down smaller? Seems potentially dangerous to do.

Baaaaad bad bad bad bad bad idea!

My question is can you swap the wheelsets on the uni’s? Or are the bearings different diameters. Cause if you really like koxx then you could buy the frame and put a kh wheelset underneath it. Problem solved if you want the isis! Just a ? tho

You can swap the wheels but the kh frame is better and kh is ISIS too now so I dont really see your point.

Wasnt really trying to make one, just wondering if the wheelsets are able to be swapped. A lot of ppl said they like the koxx frames and what not. IDK i dont have a koxx nor a kh so I couldnt say for sure about either.

Is ISIS, ISIS, is ISIS not ISIS, is KOXX ISIS really ISIS, is Kris Holm ISIS more ISIS than KOXX ISIS, ISISISISISIS.

Who the hell cares. Koxx ISIS splined is by far more crank and hub than I will ever be able to ride. Nathan had a problem, but it was fixed quickly and never been anything further. I am a 200 pounder and I have had no problem. I love my KOXX-1 cranks and hub and I don’t understand who the hell would buy a moment hub and put Qu-ax cranks on it or try to put Koxx cranks on a moment hub or put anything Kris holm anywhere near Koxx-1 or Qu-ax anyway without risking spontaneous internal combustion. They are all fine in thier own respsct and weren’t ment to be interchanged in the first place so who cares what fits what.
Just my $0.02

it would be nice to be able to buy just the KH cranks and put them on a koxx hub,
for the most part the KH looks like a better buy for the money, but i love my koxx street, just cant be a little nancy boy when you throw it around.

yes KOXX makes good unis, and they have quite a few to choose from, like cheap trials uni, freestyle, street, and expensive trials, and a cheapy learner uni… thats just for 20"ers… thats a hell of a selection and most of those come in different colors and styles… KOXX officialy pimps the uni