KH vs Koxx one

I have to agree with this !!!
xD

About the service of koxx… we already have discussed that in the topic of Joe cample about Koxx :stuck_out_tongue:

about the quality…

The prices for KH and K1 stuff used to be closer. For some reason K1 is selling really cheap right now. I don’t know what the story is. Maybe they’re about to release new models and want to get rid of the old ones. It’s a good time to get an Alien Backflip.

Hey unicycledood, I am a few days older than you, and will never have a sponsorship. But I would like to get a good quality 24". The White Russian is available on meijer.com for way cheap, as is the Track Monster. It looks like the Track Monster has a wider tire, but I can’t tell for sure, and can’t see any other material difference. I checked the K1 site and it looks like the Track Monster is no longer produced.

What do you recommend between these two? My 15 year old nephew just started learning on my lil’ Torker 20" on Christmas day and last night I swapped him onto my old round crown 24" lollipop hub beater. But he will very soon be ready for a better ride and I would like to get one of these but could use a thought on the differences between them.

I ride a UDC 26" MUni and the frames look identical to the K1 in the photo’s but then I hear that the K1’s are really light weight… Any other details you can share/advice you can give to a noob (I have only been riding 4 months) would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

NSYO a.k.a Brian

yeh koxx doesnt like me,i think theyll have the lazy attitude towards everything even if theyre building the company more.I’ve heard things about koxx bikes having bad service aswell.I have a k1 hub but i bought that from renegade juggling.I have nothing against kh i just would rather be riding other parts because im a weight freak it’s an extra hobby of mine lol.I think kh wins overall but koxx has a few more parts that riders actually want like 133mm cranks and 32 hole hubs.kh makes things like double crowns and sym cranks which no one really wants

Edit: oh and Max schulze rides for kh so it has to be the best company :smiley:

K1 hasn’t 36inch unicycle - that’s all

personally i think mixing both up is the best. but i you buy each k1 part separably then its cost more. i didnt look up these prices but kh cranks are $80 and koxx are $130. alien backfilp frames are $230 and kh are $200. pf3 are like expensive lol and kh forged are $30. also k1 doesnt produce a really light hub yet which i dont like cause i love my kh ti so far and i bent the flanges on my k1 reinforced and they got all rusty. k1 lights are better than moments imo but thats just for trial. the 32 hole is really nice though for light flat and trial. :o i:oo really just mix and match what you like best. plus impact has nice everything and M4O too. plus kh doesnt make a tire or pedals so i you wanted just plain kh then having a try-all tire with echo or try-all pedals its still a complete kh uni.

we need them both

sometimes it sound a bit like a religious war - ferrari or porsche?

KH and Koxx are both part of the best we have and without one of them we would miss a lot of diversity!

I like them both and both have advantages and disadvantages…
and a lot parts came from the same machine…:wink:

I am a little anxiously that we seperate riders into different parties if we attach such an importance in trade marks…

Both quality posts.

I used to think KH was best just because it was so much cheaper but sounds like prices have changed now. Koxx just needs to sort their shit out (customer service wise) and they would be good competition for KH.

I dont think this is true. i know for sure that the longneck frame is by far heavier than a xtp and im pretty sure that a shortbeak is too. xtp is sooo damn light and gravity is too :smiley:

Koxx

Sorry to ressurect old thread; decided better than new thread.

Is Koxx-One still in business?

I see their Koxx unicycles online, for instance at Amazon, but cannot find an official company website online, and their Facebook page hasn’t been updated in nearly three years.

Any links or information would be great. Thanks. Steve.

According to the french forum, they went bankrupted end of 2013 :frowning:

And for the new old stock, it was sold in an auction sale and appeared on marketplaces like Amazon or local ads.

It doesn’t make them any weaker, it is just more likely that the replacement parts you will use in the future will be from another brand :wink:

They went out of business a couple years ago. Amazon sellers must have bought their remaining stock.

Thank you.

Thank you both for the answers.

Sad. Perhaps speaks to the state of unicycling, as a sport, that they couldn’t make it. :frowning:

Thanks again.

Their entire bike and unicycle section went bankrupt so there were much bigger issues. Koxx 1 unicycle are impossible to find nowadays and the amazon listings are hardly ever the correct unicycle.

Thanks

I see, Pinoclean. Appreciate the info.

I’ll steer clear of the remainder stuff available on Amazon. Thanks.

I don’t know if i would steer clear of them. Even if you get the wrong model of K1 trials uni it will still be a top end ride for a very good price. Replacement parts are easy to source since it is all standard sizes (except the bearings, but they are available if you look at industrial suppliers). Early Koxx ISIS cranks had a bit of a different fit, but none of those should show up on these closeout uni’s.

Thanks.

Thanks, Jerry.

You make a good point, and the unicycles are “ships and sold by Amazon” making returns, especially if didn’t get what was advertised, quite straightforward.

If I decide to take the plunge, I’ll post th experience here. Thanks. :slight_smile:

I’d be surprised if the unicycles on Amazon were still leftover stock at this point, although it looked like there was some of that going on just after the announcement came out about Koxx One going out of business. They’ve been selling them for a good while now. My guess is that someone bought the rights to use the name, but that someone most likely isn’t a company called Koxx One. A recognized brand is worth something and would have been up for auction in the bankruptcy liquidation alongside the hard goods. You can also still buy Schwinn and Raleigh bicycles even though the companies with those names are long gone history, as with Wonder Bread and Twinkies and Converse All-Stars.

While there’s a lot of truth in what you are saying, the pictures certainly show Koxx parts. I think they went down fast and left a lot of inventory behind. With the relatively small global market for high end uni’s it doesn’t surprise me that there are still genuine Koxx products available.

if it helps any…

I’ve purchased 5 of the Koxx unis on Amazon for the kids. They’ve all held up well and are still going strong…even with consistent 3-4 foot drops. I did change out the cranks on one with Nimbus cranks and everything fit fine.