KH Trials vs Nimbus Trials

Just wanted to add that a lot of the profit from KH stuff goes directly back into the sport. A company needs to make quite a bit to fund later developments, a good example is how Kris recently redesigned the seat bases. Whatever goes into making a new injection mold is unbelievably expensive, but the improvement is significant. Nimbus now uses the new KH base too so supporting KH is not just making someone rich.
[/QUOTE]

+1

First, you had an 07, the weakest of KH frames
Second your may had a default
Third when you don’t know how to ride but you can jump and drop somewhat high, well, when you have a very bad technique, it’s the time when you break most parts.
Fourth I’ve had my KH 08 longenck frame since August 4th 2008 and it’s still running super strong! In 3 months it will be 2 years old :wink:

If it wasn’t for a some random denmark kid at unicon, I wouldn’t have been able to find a missing nut 5 minutes into the street comp’s second section. Lucky lucky me, spent a long time looking for it and putting it back on too.

i already said the only diff is the frame basically

but anyway…good…then ill stick with the 200$ less (basically kh) unicycle.

all im sayin is, the nimbus(an old heavier kh) is just as strong, if not stronger than the new lighter kh unis. and that i had a terrible experience with the kh uni.

i bought the uni in dec 06, right when the 07’s came out and rode it for 4 months until i wound up with a back problem, and didn’t start uniing again until feb 09…i rode a few rides until the rim broke . so i don’t think i would’ve been eligible for the warranty.

yall weight weenies can keep at it :stuck_out_tongue: ,but i personally don’t think it makes as much a diff as you think. f’in 1.5 to 2 lbs…jeez. i also felt this way about road bikes as well…never cared about weight…it’s the freakin rider.

nimbus rooolz :stuck_out_tongue:

but to each his own.

Were not weight wennies your just not realizing that the KH uni is better :wink:

plus think about if you could jump 50cm witha heavy uni one day think about how much higher you could hop that same day with a lighter uni

ftfy

alright so i’ve decided to be more fair. i’m gonna start puttin money towards … another kh. will be a longass time though. but i will give a new…non crappy 07 a chance. i mean… i was def happy with my kh while i had it. just wasn’t happy with its lifespan.

but i freakin swear…if somethin breaks on it in such a short time, that’s it for good! i will always steer away from kh.

Haha, alright man. The seat might break real quickly, but I’m not sure how strong the new ones are as I ride CF now. Everything else should be fine for awhile (except maybe tube and post). You’ll like it most likely. I know I like my Koxx much more then my onza.

kris and the team guarantee the new posts to last two years i think even if your pro. and the new seat bases are (im not quite sure) are as strong as cf. but on that idk for sure. but im almost positive your new kh will last a long time :slight_smile:

no i meant better there was no need for that correction :slight_smile:

the one thing i do admit i always liked from the start about the 09 on i guess, was the hub change.

btw…the 07 kh hub is crmo? i thought it was alu, haha.

how long till you get it/purchase it?

not sure. depends on how many extra hours i can pick up at work.

i’ll get it tho…

My uni just got in today (or yesterday I guess, darn 12-hour shifts). I must say, I was not expecting this level of quality. This thing just looks so crisp and well put together. I think it is fair to say that this unicycle is the first high end one that I have bought, putting my Nimbus Nightrider that I spent quite a bit more on to shame (it looks like someone just winged it when they were welding my Nightrider frame). If this thing rides as well as it looks, which I’m sure it will, then I’ll probably be looking exclusively towards KH products in my unicycling future. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to give it a decent test run this weekend, although I’ve been out of trials/street riding for over a year now. Hope my cousin likes his new/old DX :smiley: