KH SPIRIT 3 holes cranks 110 / 127 / 150mm

quick release

It would be nice to have a quick release system on the pedal mounting to make switching holes quicker and easier :slight_smile:

how are they holding up?

but not possible to have close holes …

I believe that MKS makes a quick release mechanism that is smaller, although I haven’t personally tried it. E.g. “MKS Espirit Ezy Superior Removable Pedals”

Kris

have a look on video from Romain (CDK)

For those of you following this thread, mad4one now produces 150/130/110 triple hole cranks. :smiley:

Somebody wake me up when there are 160/142 ISIS Schlumpf compatible disc -mount dual or triple 160/142/124 cranks coming.

Hey RVS,

Sinz is making aluminium ISIS cranks that are light & strong and available from 135 to 180mm in steps of 5. And in bonus, you can attach a MountainUni disk for a disk brake steup on the right cranks :slight_smile:

Running some 145 on my 26in Muni and I like them ! =)

The Sinz cranks are much weaker than the KH or Nimbus cranks. If you search around, you’ll see lots of pictures of broken ones. That said, it’s really nice to be able to choose in 5mm increments.

I will echo what Scott has said. The sins cranks do come in a great variety of sizes but are not strong enough to make a multi hole crank. I have drilled three sets and bent three sets. They probably would have been fine if I hadn’t drilled the second hole.

Much Weaker? Really?

I would concur that “Much weaker” is a strong and inaccurate statement. I have heard of/ warrantied quite literally two(2) sets of SINZ cranks that either bent from a very large drop or multiple holes drilled by consumer. No isues with either scenario from my standpoint, as we learned valuable lessons with each. Personally, I’ve chosen to forego the risks associated with a >30" drop on big UNI wheels. A Disc brake is more important for me personally than the “fame and crowd pleasing” drops.

Yes much weaker. Both KH Moments and Spirits are virtually unbreakable. In this sense the Sinz cranks are much weaker since it doesn’t not take an amazing rider to break them. However, they are good cranks and are plenty strong for almost all purposes. If I had to choose between Sinz cranks with a disc and no disc brake, I would definitely choose Sinz cranks.

As…

… and even such things are possible I’m wondering, what would be the minimum distance between two pedal thread holes? Or would it even be possible to let them overlap by a few millimeters and drill a third hole right between two existing? Could this work? Any thougts on this?
I asume, if the material is too weak, the middle hole would stretch and the pedal would come loose. But if the material is stiff enough, it could work.

Forget your idea, reply is : see KH Moment or Spirit 110/127, they are without insert, so minimum is 17mm

Julia is no longer selling the Mad4one triple hole cranks. Anybody know where I can get one? Thanks.

CDK in France

Yep, here’s a direct link. Can’t call that cheap for sure!
And only the greens are available.

I would recommend emailing Marco Vitale directly. I bought a set of 110/130/150s (black) direct from him in Italy. No, they’re not cheap, like 2x KHs, but very nice. I like mine, and use all three settings on my G32.
(Here’s his email: marco@unicyclist.it )

Is M41 the only source of production 3-hole cranks?

Yes and this is a pity, Kris doesn’t want to produce them in spite this is perfect for ungearerd 36. Others are custom as I did