KH/Onza Hub Limitations

Wath newer cranks?Is there something I don’t know? :thinking:

This explenation of Kris makes sence to me and I will stick to my KH hub and buy some new 150mm cranks.

Peter M

Does someone actually know if Roger and Kris are addressing this beidning crank problem. It’s not just a matter of having good roll out technique. Many times on Muni you CAN’T roll out. There isn’t enough room. If they got the crank bend problem worked out the KH would essentially be pretty much perfect.

JL

Except the little frame flex, at least mine has that:D

yes i prefer kh butter over the land-o-lakes, it spreads easier.

my onza uni

i buy a onza uni and i have a kh/0nza hub and krank set ,and 2 day ago i eared a lil’ noise when i ride (tac tac tac)

I may be the black sheep here, but i don’t maintain my profiles. I anti-seize them about once every 20-50 rides, and that’s it. I’m pretty hard on them, but they still last.

Creaking hasn’t been a problem with either set I have. I find the bigger problem is my muni hub seems to have a loose keyway, which sucks ass. It’s an old hub, though, been ridden for over 4 years (1 year by kris Holm, 3+ by me). Word is profile has fixed the keyway issue.

So what if stuff creaks or moves a bit? So long as you can ride, shut your mouth and enjoy it. I don’t cancel a ride because my canks aren’t perfect, I just go out, have fun, and see if I can fix them when I get home. If I can’t fix them, I either start setting aside $$$ for replacements, or try to ignore the problem and enjoy myself. So far I’ve just been of the mind to shut up and ride.

If any of you are THAT concerned by the quality of you unicycle, maybe you should reexamine whether you’re in this sport to have fun or buy more crap. All of the splined hubs out there are excellent, and you can’t go wrong with them. If you are an inexperienced enough rider to not know the strengths of the various hubs, I seriously doubt you will belable to break any of them. It’s unreasonable to expect more than 2 years out of any hub once you are doing 5+’ drops regularly.