Kh 08

Thanks for the explanation… and nice shot… this trick looks sick!

And Emile, i don’t know about Switch, I just have the first edition, but it’s on Le Girafon. Probably switch published something about this frame too!

That is so weird! I am very curious about this, don’t think I’ll want a double crown though, cause it will be much heavier imho.

whats a double crown? like this?

(pic)

Read the topics about the KH08, there are a lot of informations that you can know before asking :wink:

ive been reading, but it seems that the picture i posted would be far more logical. The 3 crown frame in that pic just looks ridiculous, and like it would serve a purpose. The pic I posted looks like it would reinforce the post more.

I really looks ridiculous, but like Mat said, it can help lots of riders do develop new tricks.

okay, in the extent of that, it would make more sense if you had a simple reinforcement bar going to the seatpost from each added crown.

then it would erase the foot placement in-front of and behind the seatpost, only leaving room on the sides :roll_eyes:

i mean, i’m sorry, but the picture i posted is the most logical example on what i think a double crown would be…

Having the triple crown thing just looks ugly, and weird. Plus, that was a prototype.

Hey,

I’ll post some more info on the doublecrown frame soon. Essentially it is an experiment in a new type of flat & tech street frame.

The concept is to take a longneck version of the KH20 and add an additional crown at the back. This allows a lot more stability for standup tricks and lets the rider stand on the frame at any orientation around the back. The idea was originated by Matt Bunting.

Compared to the triplecrown prototype in the photo above, the doublecrown production version has a longer seat tube and the extra front crown was taken off because it got in the way of scuffing tricks. The rear crown is also moved slightly closer to the main crown to make it lower profile. Having one extra crown at the back doesn’t add much weight and also results in an incredibly stiff frame.

The hope is that we will see a lot of new innovation with this frame because it lets riders stand all over the frame in ways that weren’t possible or were a lot harder to do before.

I will post photos soon- hopefully in the next week.

Kris

wow!
i havnt been reading this thread but i just saw the triple crown thing! how unique! cant wait for more pictures…
Riley

Here’s some pics of my prototype frame I made a year ago:

dont you use your foot on the tire for flat tricks?

yes, i think so traditionally, but this could open the door to a whole new world of tricks :roll_eyes:

Exactly, not you can have your foot in that position, but the tire can roll.

I was just thinking, sideways coast (but now that it is double instead of triple it may be a little harder). This would be great for some freestyle tricks to, not just flat.

Those are awesome! How’s it work compared to other uni frames?

Also, I haven’t been reading all the new KH posts but has the problem of the flanges been resolved? Also cool to here it’s in black.

There is much more control for some tricks. My frame is kind of pointy on the corners, which would bruise my legs, but it would be easy to trim them and refinish it. I don’t think it will be a problem at all with the KH version.

Not sure about flanges.

New products now online

Hello - the “new” Homepage is now online.
Try it out…
enjoy it - hope that the new products are in a short time in the shops
I need very a badly a good ride…

very nice site, looks alot more modern. I’m smelling joomla…

New products look interesting, I want to see the price of the Ti hub! The seatposts look interesting, I am confused as to which one is included with which unicycle. Is the one without the adjustment for trials?

Not too sure about all the flatland stuff, but then i’m not a flatlander so we’ll all see what comes of the rather odd cranks and frames!