If you could only have one unicycle?

I would want the largest unicycle I could get with the frame and components made out of solid gold and the tire stuffed full of cocaine. Why? Because it would be worth a lot. I could sell it, but a house and a Lamborghini, and still have plenty left over for all the unicycles I could ever want.

19" with trials tyre. It’s pretty much the only uni I ride every day. I feel that if I could only own one that would be the uni that I could still keep progressing most on. Muni’s and 36"ers are fun and all, but most of the riding you do on them is just… riding, once you’ve mastered that the fun comes from the location rather than uni.

So yep, despite the fact it’s incapable of making particularly long journeys easily, for me it would be the most versatile and most enjoyable for an extended period of time.

26", Schlumpf?, Duro Wildlife, Disc Brake, 150/125 cranks

24" with 3" Duro wildlife tyre and a collection of twin hole cranks and a caliper brake.

Agile,light,portable and a good all rounder.

That should do.

Err ,caliper " RIM " brake.

stupid question !! :wink:

guni 29 Triton/KH, 125/150, T bar and disc brake, weightwatcherweenie !

what else ???

Winner…

Ha, great idea, who is getting all of us one

Since I have five in my garage right now (and 2 in my car), if I could only have one unicycle, it should be the one I plan to die on. I’m thinking of building a 700c giraffe (I have a 6 ft. nimbus frame that I think will fit the wheel) with 2:1 gearing. Fastest 6 ft. giraffe ever?

Out of all the uni’s I’ve bought and sold my KH26 is the one I’ll never let go.

Or go to gaol/jail… Then a 19" or 20" would be best in your 8’x10’ cell.

Me, I’m liking my KH36 with a Todd tire. At 50+ psi it is a fast road ride and 20- psi good for non technical muni. Dual hole cranks and a set of hex wrenches required.

pax

I’d have a 24" with a 2.5/2.6" tire. I do lots of Trials, lots of Muni and I like fast street. I’d have my own Ti frame on it. No brake, just a very simple setup!

29" Guni

KH 24 with 3" Duro.

I’d buy one unicycle and switch out the wheels. :smiley:

Geared KH 26”. It offers speed, and off road capabilities.

corbin

No question. My KH-Schlumpf 26er with hybrid road-trail tire is pretty good for all conditions. Maybe not the best at specific activities but I’m okay with that. I’d rather not have to worry about having the right tire, crank size, wheel size, etc… and just get out there and ride what I have! Now I just need to get back out there and ride. Haven’t ridden my poor unicycle yet this year! Too much running! :frowning:

I just started on my “next” dream unicycle, this one is a Nimbus Oracle 29 Guni.

Step one is building an Oracle 29 with a fixed hub using Spirit cranks with an external rotor, and a non disc 32h Nimbus hub. Yup, the disc will be on the outside in anticipation of a geared wheel coming next year.

I want the fixed wheel to be light and strong, so I’m using a Velocity Blunt 35 (P35) rim which is narrower than a KH or Nimbus, but not so narrow as to be an issue. I lose 300-400 gms over a typical “wide” muni rims, but it’s still plenty wide enough to run a 3" tire. The Blunt 35 is a super strong rim with a great hook and it’s tubeless compatible.

The new Oracle frame is revised to fit a Knard, so even though I’ll probably be running a Hans Damph or RR, I’ll have the capacity to run the biggest 29er tire made. All I have to do to make the external rotor work is switch the D’ Brake to the right side.

I order a purple anodized rim, black frame, purple pedals, black seat, might do a purple anodized seat post clamp, mmmmmm purty :smiley:

Next year: A revised Schlump hub built into a green or red anodized Blunt 35 :stuck_out_tongue:

One reason I started this thread, apart from being genuinely interested in your replies, was that Having started to learn and now being able to ride a bit, I am starting to think of my next uni.
I have the 20" Nimbus II and I am undecided between the 24" and 26" Nimbus II for general riding around.
Although the 26" will give me a bit more speed, I am now thinking that perhaps the 24" might be more flexible, including for riding amongst pedestrians. I am also hoping the the 1.95 Kenda KIKZUMBUT supplied with both unis will be a good general purpose tyre for concrete and yet wide and grippy enough for light trails.

Hi joggerdude,

Your story interests me, as I also started on a Nimbus II 20 inch, 6 months ago. For my 2nd uni, I chose the Nimbus muni 24 inch. This I bought before I felt “ready” to ride it, as it seemed so large, but I knew in my heart one day I’d master it. Well, I can now ride it for several miles on pavement and am practicing steep hills on pavement as well as trying a little on grass and other irregular surfaces. It is great fun!! I love the wide 3 inch tire, and how different it is from the 20 inch Nimbus II. I think with the thick tire, the 24 inch muni is actually larger than 24 inches.

I’m now debating what uni to buy next (29 inch?), although I love the 24 muni so much, and I am worried if I buy a new one, my current one might end up not being used to its full potential. My Nimbus II 20 inch sits in my car unused these days, even though I’d still like to learn some freestyle tricks.

Good luck on your next purchase. Can you only afford one more?