I just passed out whilst riding.

I was outside riding on my newly assembled trials course, having the time of my life and keeping the dogs amused, when all of a sudden i woke up lying on the cement in a cold sweat…

the last thing i remmember was gapping from a skinny to a platform, the platform is now missing a leg and i cannot bend my left leg at the knee from pain(the same leg/knee i used to have trouble with playing soccer).

a leg for a leg?

needless to say the dogs found it most entertaining.

Shit, must have been scary.

disorientating mostly, i didn’t know what had happened.

whats odd is that i have never passed out/fainted before.

crap Tom, i hope you are ok…
Does your head hurt or anything?

Did you remember if you fell on or hit the platform? Is that what caused it? Wow thats weird. :thinking:

I’ve passed out once before.
Me and my friend had been riding back to his place because we just went for a ride, and it was a hot day. When I got to his house I just grabbed his razor scooter and I jumped down this mini stair. I fell in the wrong place and I felt WEIRD. I heard a buzzing sound, heat raised around my body and I didn’t talk. Anyway I followed my friend through the door down the passage. I saw buzzing things in my vision and my ears were still ringing, but I didn’t talk. When I got to the kitchen my friend had a drink, then he and his mum asked me if I wanted a drink and they had the glass in their hands.

I just stood their frozen, breathing. They were saying “Brandon” “Brandon…?” (thats my name BTW) And suddenly I was in a chair next to the kitchen, not knowing that I passed out until my friend told me. I felt so hot and bad. It turned out that I was dehydrated. When I fell of the scooter, that set it off.

It’s a weird feeling. (My friend’s mum caught because I fell backwards, if she didnt run behind me and catch me my head would of went into the floor =]

I have passed out many a times, but i have always got lightheaded before hand and knew i was about to.

It usually happens from me locking my knees or from listing to stories about injures(The second is annoying and embarrassing).:frowning:

It dosent hurt…until you wake up.

Not really clear from your post what happened. Do you mean you might have fallen over and knocked yourself out? Do you have a bump on your head?

If you just ‘passed out’ for no apparent reason and no warning before hand (feeling lightheaded/faint), then you really should get checked out. There are some serious things that could cause that. But most commonly it’s just a simple faint.

lol very wierd.I know how that feels because i felt really sick one morning when i went to school and i just collapsed in the middle of the floor in the classroom and i “woke up” and found that everyone was laughing at me

The last time I had blood taken I had a seizure and passed out, apparently it is pretty common to get seizures though when people are taking your blood.

I think it was shock, i believe now that i hit my knee on the frame(right in the position where i foolishly keep a really sensitive nerve ending). I have passed out from that before but not for many years. My head was only dizzy, not really headache and there is no bumps that i can find, well no new ones.

i will check it out with my gp next week though.

fine now :slight_smile: although it feels like my knee is softening the swing of a small wrecking ball every half second…

Ouch, nerve endings in awkward spots.

Glad you’re okay after all. Hope your knee gets better too.

1 Like

Oh, that sounds painful. Does that mean that it could possibly happen again quite easily? That could be a real risk if you are attempting a larger jump in a high place and the same thing happens. Do you wear knee and shin pads?

Wear a helmet!

It wasn’t clear if you were wearing one or not, but if you weren’t and hit your head (you may not even feel a lump or bruise), there’s a good chance you wouldn’t remember exactly how it happened. It could have been a lot worse.

Most serious bike and motorcycle accidents are by riders not wearing helmets. (multiple fractures, compound fractures, paralysis, death, brain damage, etc.)

i do when i am practicing street. But i had none of for trials. Just mucking about in the back yard. yeah it is a problem which could happen again very easily, i can hardly bear even tapping the inside of that knee on something. i am going to have to look into a knee protection brace thing.

I Helmet up when i leave the house :slight_smile: but i was only danging about that yard, I wasn’t even 40cm off the ground. I didn’t even think to go for a helmet and that is the first time i have come close to hitting, or hit, my head whilst riding.

a little scary actually now i look back on it, although my knee is better now. just aching a little.

quite painfull. It should be better enough by the end of today.

stud

Wow sounds scary, but the good thing is that you’re ok!

I’ve passed out before…but only pamphlets!:stuck_out_tongue:

wow you got a nice school community :astonished: that kinda sucks!!! i’ve never passed out… and to thread started; Had you been drinking enought?

Im not sure it was about 7 years ago lol

I’ve had the same thing happen to me but I didn’t even know where I was whem I “came to”. My friend told me I went down the snake run and I’m thinking I hit my head(Still not sure). I was out for like 2 hours. Well I wasn’t out for 2 hours but I can’t quite quite remember those 2 hours. It sucked to because I was at Kona in Jacksonville.:frowning:

Hope your knee feel’s better!!!