I am Testing the 1st prototype Torker DX for 2010!!!!

so here’s a thought… the hub, to me is the same. it may be isis, but that’s not the problem i had with it. its still got that old crappy keyway design that starts to fail after a while. they should build up a 32 hole wheel, and IMHO the rest of the uni will sell.

also, the idea that torker will sell over others in a bike shop is totally false. the big catalog that all the bike shops have has KH nimbus, sun, schwinn, and SURLY cycles.

Where that is true Skrobo,

In my city we have like 9 bike shops, maybe more… And when asked why They don’t carry KH or another brand of unicycle, they all say that they are way too expensive for them to carry and don’t sell well enough…

So what does every bike shop in my city carry???

torker

oh… i guess i was basing that off of what i’ve seen… the bike shops here will order 5 or 6 unicycles for the christmas season, but they are all “learner” sun, torker, or schwinn; just depending on whatever the people feel like getting…
anyway, my idea was that you HAD to special order a unicycle if you want a good one.

edit: there are 3 bike shops within an hour of me.

I think it’s more likely that a shop will stock a Torker DX to compliment the lower end uni’s on the floor rather than stock a nicer uni that doesn’t fit with the current offerings. This would be especially so if they sell Torker bikes. When I worked at a shop we did special orders all of the time, but it still didn’t account for much of our overall sales. I think that many of the uni’s sold will be dictated by what stores have on the floor, and not what they could get.

What’s interesting is the Sun MUni (flat top deluxe offroad) that has an aluminum frame, and splined cranks. Nobody is talking about that one. Sun’s usually come in a bit cheaper than Torker’s, and this could give Torker a run for their money in the 24" size at least.

i was thinking stick the nimbus in there, since it is better, but i guess most bike shops don’t know that ?yet?.

melay

how do you post a thread? please reply asap

If you want to make a new thread you go to the forum where you want your thread, and click the button at the top left of the forum, under the link to “user cp” that reads “new thread.”

snapshot1.png

awesome

thanks jtops new to website and coulnt figure it out.

WTF whats this talk about it needing to be a roundcrown. They are death! You want to have some flat room to put your feet, I dont know about you guys but I like to throw down a lil street on my trials uni.
I gotta say though the best wordchoice to describe the uni was a 4 year old design. It looks like when trials unis first came on the scene. Good work put into it, but so many flaws about to be found(in this case pointed out before it his the market). Anyone with unicycle knowledge will still go for a nimbus over this slightly lighter tank. Im sure its still gonna be strong, maybe a fraction lighter due to a different frame. Though I think I had a torker with a nimbus frame that prolly weighed the same :roll_eyes: . I think they needed help designing the new uni with someone with more general uni experience…Too bad though, there is gonna be a new generation of ugly unis bein ridin around by a bunch of the young crowd at the next moab :sunglasses:

If only they could have unleashed the 09 :slight_smile:

It was too powerful :stuck_out_tongue:

so this is a trials uni right?

Sadly, most bike shops don’t care.

Yet.

If you don’t know which product is better and your customer doesn’t know, not much is going to change…

Its not even so much that they don’t care. Its that the suppliers (QBP mainly) they use for their bikes carry Sun and Torker so they are easily able to order them and get one or two in shop. Why should they set up a separate account and everything with UDC to get just one or two unicycles when they can just go through their bike supplier and have it shipped in with everything else they order?

is this a trials unicycle?

Personally I like my 2010 20in. I was tossed up between the nimbus trials and this. My LBS couldnt get a hold of Nimbus though because for some reason UDC was dragging their feet with the paperwork for an account, but they were able to get torker, and the price they gave me ($260 US) was about $80 less than if I ordered a Nimbus with Moments off of the website. The frame is a little wider than most I’ve seen out there, but it hasnt gotten in my way yet so why do I care? Other than the aesthetics of the wide frame this thing is great, and it feels very comfortable to me.

Thanks for that additional detail; that’s probably the situation for the majority of bike shops that aren’t connected to unicycle enthusiasts. And if they don’t know which product is better and their customers don’t know either, not much is going to change… :slight_smile: What it may take is customers coming in and requesting the other brands. The hard part is educating the customer (or bike shop) about those other brands and why there’s a difference. At least now all you need is an Internet connection to find out though. It was a lot harder back in the dark ages (1990s and earlier).

What is your definition of a Trials unicycle? If you can answer that question I think you will have answered your own question.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The 20" is built more like a trials uni than freestyle, the 24" is built as Muni.

FYI: according to common lore the Torker uni names were originally created as follows, although the uses have expanded beyond their moniker.

CX = common (low cost learner)
LX = luxury (cadillac learner)
DX = dirt (BMX roots)
AX = aluminum
TX = tall

LX Pro = aimed at club freestyle riders

What we really need is:

IX = invisible!
PX = it shops for itself on military bases
XX = not quite adult only

Would there be any damage to the structural integrity of the frame if I were to cut and weld the frame like pictured. My limited engineering knowledge tells me no, but I would like to hear from someone else with a little more experience and insight.

KH has aluminium frames like that, and they never broke al the leg parts.
So just go for it