Hockey Tournament Manchester (UK) Saturday 10th December

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it either, which is even more annoying seeing as I’ll be in Manchester on saturday…
Have Fun!

You can if you stop over at our place Saturday night, with the option of a 2 hour muni ride Sunday morning before heading home. There’s quite a few others also stopping over and riding the following morning. Let us know if you would like to stop over. Don’t forget to bring a sleeping bag and mattress.

Hope to see you there Saturday.

Steve

Where’s the Muni ride on Sunday going to be?

We’ll be riding around Rivington, just North of Horwich. We’ll be making our way up to the Pike and then riding through the terraced gardens before heading down to the reservoir and along to the castle. It’ll possibly be a 10.30am start (weather permitting). Pete and yourself are more than welcome to come along, so let us know on Sat if you think you’ll be able to make it. The ride will be a couple of hours long.

Steve

I shall give it a ponder. However after a night of work followed by an afternoon of uni-hoki then another night of work followed by a morning Muni ride might be a bit much!

Cough*fairies*Cough

does anyone know what time it starts?

steves first post says 12 - 6 so unless things have changed I guess its still that - the four of us coming from derby will be arriving around then anyway so you won’t be alone at that time :slight_smile: See you all tomrrrow

Roland

cheers roland
if only i could read properly :thinking: lol

Cheers Steve.

If I can haul my ass out of bed early enough then I’ll take you up on that. I’ll pack the Muni. :sunglasses:

Thanks guys. It was a blast.

Obviously I have now got a new obsession. I didn’t know that you could have so much fun with a hockey stick.

Cathy

I’ve put some photos here

Cathy

Thanx for the pics. Are we going to get a complete, blow-by-blow report of the tournament?
Did the organisers think to invite Mikefule?

Nice pics, cathy, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I had a blast, cheers to steve and DUC for organising it. Well worth the drive (I hope the M1 gang made it back OK).

I’ve put a few pics from the MUni here:

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=166328

PS did anybody else think there was too much freestyle :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

We’ve had mike in hockey training at the regular Tuesday EMU hockey sessions in Derby but he seems to have been put off by the cold dark winter nights, its a shame that a little bit of ice on the pitch should have that effect.
Good to see the pictures it was another great days hockey and that makes three weekends hockey in a row for me after Kidderminster & Darmstadt - I’m not sure if I’ll know what to do with myself this weekend.
Thanks again to Steve & co for putting on a great event, already looking forward to the next one - I will warn everyone that we’ll be having a floodlit outside Derby tournament probably at the end of February so make sure that you’ve got your thermals ready - more dates to follow

Roland

Another excellent hockey tournament. Thanks to all that turned up. Talking to most of you afterward’s, it sounds as though everyone really enjoyed themselves.

I know it’s getting close to Xmas and so maybe a little hard to break off from the obligatory Christmas shopping, so we were especially pleased to get 25 players descend upon Denton on Saturday for 6 hours of non-stop hockey.

It was nice to see so many beginners and younger ones giving it a go as well and it sounds as though you’ll be coming back for more. A big thanks to all the LUnis who turned up and showed us mere mortals how fast and skillful hockey can be, especially Jonny & Antoine.

I’m pleased a few of you got the chance to stay over at our place after the hockey, as it’s always a shame to rush off after these events without having time to do some socializing.

I’ll post some photos soon.

Maybe we could hold a couple of these tournaments a year, as I’m sure there would be enough interest. I’m sure Roland will remind me of this suggestion early next year.:stuck_out_tongue:

Looks as though the Muni ride the following morning is turning the event into a Hockey and Muni weekend. BTW, I’ve certainly got no problems with that one. We did the same last year and was also a big success.

Steve & Stu

p.s. Yes, I also thought there was too much ‘freestyle’. Mind you, they were holding a hockey stick.:wink:

Re: Hockey Tournament Manchester (UK) Saturday 10th December

cathwood wrote:

> Thanks guys. It was a blast.

Couldn’t agree more :slight_smile:

Thanks to Steve, Stu and anybody else who helped get it together.

Stu mentioned that it might be held twice yearly, let’s hope it does!

Cheers,

Roger

I had a great day out on Saturday, thanks chaps and chapesses!
It was my first introduction to hockey and I enjoyed it muchly, I’ll definitely be coming back for more. Although it’s looking like I shan’t be able to come down until after Christmas due to work and a trip abroad for Crimbo. I’ve dug out my stick I used for skate hockey and shall be practising at home until I can make it back to Denton. Once again thanks for a great day and a big thankyou to Steve for the lift to and from the station.

Re: Hockey Tournament Manchester (UK) Saturday 10th December

MrBoogiejuice wrote:

> I had a great day out on Saturday, thanks chaps and chapesses!
> It was my first introduction to hockey and I enjoyed it muchly, I’ll
> definitely be coming back for more.

So who were you then? I can’t remember MrBoogiejuice being on the team
lists :slight_smile:

Roger

Mr.Boogiejuice is Kit, or Kit is Mr.Boogiejuice (whichever) and he was on my team. The guy with the Dreadlocks.

Steve