History of KH parts incl. manufacturing dates and specifics

There was also a short lived Gel Fusion saddle, but I don’t know what year it was.

So right at this moment there is a work in progress website and databases, and I have a list of >200 products and their masses (either previously reported by users here on the forums, or as supplied by manufacturers).

Range of prices is probably not going to be possible, but release RRP could be.

1 Like

There is lots of good information on this site as well. Probably the easiest way is to search the threads that Kris has started.

I was more familiar with the old search feature but this seems to work pretty well.

https://unicyclist.com/search?expanded=true&q=@danger_uni%20in:first

Yep, I found searching by “before # date” works quite well too for finding out when products were released.

Keep changing the year until there’s actually mention of the product, then work from there.

I built the prototypes of the blue frames and did some work on disc mounts/magura mounts etc after a long weekend or so talking about MUni design with Kris, roger and others on a road trip to Germany and back. Fun times

6 Likes

Found this picture of riding some north shore on a prototype kh seat.

3 Likes

That could be anything!

1 Like

Ah, of course. I can tell from the 17th stitch of the second right seam, that this is the prototype.
Truly: I don’t see anything. but still a cool photo.

2 Likes

Who knows the Year from that Hub? If never seen that before.

It’s the multi-part clicky generation that came before the silver KH Spirit hubs. Maybe from 2010 or so? My KH24 and KH29 came with them.

can make some clic-clic noise …

Out of curiosity is the KH brand still active or is it just managed by another one of the unicycle companies and just sold through Qu-Ax and UDC?

KH actually posted here recently, but the brand and the products offered seem to be relatively unchanged for quite some time now.

1 Like

Pretty unchanged apart from paint colour!!

1 Like

The next announced changed will be disc brake tabs on the left leg of the frame. Otherwise, you’re right, nothing new. But KH unicycle are still top-end stock unis :slight_smile:

:popcorn:

1 Like

You know this… or just expect it. :wink:

I’m almost certain it has been announced on this forum. If my memory is right, it was in the Wiki Schlumpf 2022 hubs - frame compatibility. But I can’t find Kris’ message. It seems to have been removed. See Canapin reply to Kris, where Kris message has been deleted. Plans may have changed for Kris :frowning:

Well I guess we’ll just see then. It would not be the most unexpected move given all what all the other players do.

1 Like

I imagine that it’s a case of current stock of parts not having them, and the pandemic making production of anything new (especially it it’s different) difficult within a reasonable timeframe.

1 Like