As part of a different mammoth project, I’m after information on every KH part ever sold (and every other unicycle part ever sold by any other company, but that’s for another time…)
So, who’s got the best knowledge of KH part history? Any information anyone can share would be most appreciated.
(I know Kris himself probably has the best knowledge of this, but I’d rather not hassle manufacturers for information at least at this early stage).
The blog has some information, but not everything (Blog | Kris Holm Unicycles), and I’m slowly scouring these forums to fill in a lot of the gaps.
- Original release of KH frames, was it 2003 in Orange (after the Summit Prototypes?)? Black ones in 2004? Blue alu ones released in 2005? Knurling in 2006? 36" then came out in 2008? Does anyone know what sizes were originally available?
- Disk mounts added in 2012 (June 2012 announcement)
- When did the magura bosses get removed?
- When did they start being painted black again - mid 2020?
- KH20 Longneck and double crown longneck (raw only?) appeared at some point, then disappeared again.
- Splined - what year release? What lengths? 2003/2004?
- Moments - what year release? What lengths? 2005?
- 110/137s in 2009?
- Spirits - 2012 release (June 2012 announcement)
- Some of the sizes got released later - does anyone know which ones and when?
- How many Fusion Freeride saddles have we had now? Anyone know when each one came out?
- Same question for things like the slim and street.
- 2012 they moved to velcro straps from the drawstring and smooth synthetic leather from sweat absorbing tops.
- Fusion Zero came out in May 2014, then Aug 2016 release for the Fusion One (at which point the stiffener plate was also updated with the third hole)
- Have there been 3 different freeride rims over the years?
- Currently 55mm? When did this change from 47mm?
- No holes, then holes, then no holes, then different no holes?
I’m struggling to find too much information on these.
- T-bar and stiffener plate release in 2009?
- Curved bar added as an option later following the Nimbus Shadow handle?
Orange frame, splined cranks (150s?)
Black, splined cranks (150s?)
Blue, first aluminium frame
- Released in 2008
- Blue alu frame
- 125/150mm Moment cranks
- Some saddle
- Disk tab version in #
- Disk version in # (Spirit hub release?)
- Updated to Fusion Zero
- Updated black Spirit Hub
- Updated to Fusion One (was this the same time that the King George tyre was supplied in Europe?)
- Black version in 2020(?)
- Released in 2008