High Jump?

Whats the world record high jump that kris got a Unicon 11?

Thnx Trev

If I remember correctly, it was something like 80 cm. The nwcue.org site with all the results seems to be gone.

No i think it was more than 90cm, but cant remember what exatly it was

wasn’t 87cm the record he got at unicon and then extended it to 90cm but only after the competition finished?
i recall john and kris having a bit of a discussion about this on a thread somewhere

I remember Kris saying his 90cm jump was done after he was finished with his competition jumping. I don’t remember what he said was his competition finish, though 87 sounds right.

However, on the UNICON results page, where you guys should be looking, Kris is listed with 90cm.

Uh, the URL is www.nwcue.org, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I wonder if this site has been taken down? I knew listing the results there could only be temporary. Hmm.

Anyway, the record would appear to be 90cm. But it brings up a debate about competition records. In this case, was something not recorded accurately? And in other cases like this, should we list the competition records against the out-of-competition records?

For example, Kris’ 90cm was obviously done under competition conditions, so there should be no question of its accuracy. But there is a difference between what can be acheived in a relatively infinite number of tries, vs. what can be done within the confines of a competition.

So my belief is that both kinds of records should be tracked. The overall record, then, is 90cm, and the competition record is 87 (or whatever it was).

Stay on top,
John Foss
(low jumper)