Handle saddle

Can someone confirm my reading of the finishes available?

The “race competition” finish looks like it’s just duct tape.

The “muni leather” and “leather” finishes look the same to me.

The brake lever mount doesn’t look very elegant to be honest. Seems like there is room for improvement there.

Even though I should know better part of me is hankering after a light 36er with a “long” handle saddle, KH frame, Nightrider Light tyre and that new Carbon rim :roll_eyes:

You just described my exact setup! :+1:

Heh, I saw the picture of your rig and it inspired me :wink:

Don’t you prefer a QU-AX RGB frame (or any frame with the brake support on the right side) instead of KH frame + nimbus d’brake ? I am considering this option :stuck_out_tongue:

I really wonder how this 1/3 of the saddle that has just “disappeared” feels like compared to all the saddles we are all used to for decades.
Can it be as simple as that ?:
Entire saddle -> not comfortable (right away or after x km/miles)
2/3 of a saddle ->very comfortable.
?
Am I missing some neutral reviews here?

I think the idea is that that extra third, or the nose portion of the saddle typically produces pressure on or against the sensitive areas, so by eliminating that you also eliminate that pressure point.

Good question. I see the Handle Saddle as a hands required on the handlebar most of the time saddle. Even with the shorter nose it looks like it could still put some pressure on sensitive areas. It is kind of an intermediate step between a normal saddle and “The worlds most comfortable unicycle saddle”.

More info/pics on the noseless saddle, here.

Jim

Not the sexiest saddle but very interesting idea.
I see the issue to mount the 36er because of the groin support.
I guess the banana shape of typical saddles are there for control and to keep us for sliding forward, but it makes much pressure some areas.
Hence the flat saddles, and digged in the center foams.

The issue is, the pressure you have less here, you have more there.
And like JimT said on his link, it forces you to put more forces on the handlebar to stay in place.
Do you feel the void of the removed part Terry?

I can ride hands-free with no problem. You just have to tilt the front of the saddle up so the back portion is tilted down enough so you won’t slide forward.

1 Like

I prefer an outboard brake, so I would go for a KH frame. Personal preference.

Keep us posted!!

Thats good to hear as i plan to pick one of these up for MUni and i alot of the time give my hands/arms a break on the flats. Its the same with my fusion one, as long as i have it tilted slightly back at the recommended MUni angle i ride hands free no problem

Handle saddle mod

I’m not able to resize th images so this is a FB link to my triathlon handle saddle mod https://m.facebook.com/groups/115835695144753?view=permalink&id=2630986303629667. Hope to end for every male the most common saddle issue

1 Like

Very interesting! :astonished:

Can we see the base of the saddle?

By cutting the foam from the mad4one saddle, or by finding another foam to cut, it should be easy to do something similar with a “tape finish”.
I’ve been thinking about reworking the shape of the foam (and de-bend the tube…), but I’m afraid to make the saddle unusable…

I hope you don’t mind me re-hosting for you, for those that don’t want to use facebook

Must have been one of those.

Sorry I misspoke, I’d like to see the underside of the saddle. I wonder how the handle is attached to the saddle.

me too.

Can anyone help me with the photo again? It’s a really easy mod. However it is not tested yet. And I’m sure I’d better heat down the plastic base than using cable ties

Respect! Your desing looks so sleek!