Greatest Unicycling Feat?

Wow thats like a pro resume of amazing feats. You sure are one lucky man Ken.

Riding 73km on a 24" with 150mm cranks
Riding 100km on a 24" with 150mm cranks (the 73km was a greater feat since it didn’t have stops for dinner and another dinner and …)

Most enjoyable crash: Playing hockey. I UPDed and managed to run out off it.My unicycle was still going though (seat dragging on its own) and almost took me out as it overtook me…Kept going until it crashed into the barriers…

wow i can do way better cough cough:p :stuck_out_tongue: jk . get down a 6 inch step:p :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: and learning to ride :stuck_out_tongue:

forgot one, 10’ jump :slight_smile: :astonished: (thats an unofficial world record btw) :astonished:

Submit it to Guiness Book of world records or w/e to see if you can get into the book!

:frowning: no video of it yet, there is one in my VIDEO that is bigger than the world record, but im going to wait until im gettin 11 ft or so to submit it. :slight_smile:

Winner, hands down. Outstanding post, cathwood.

i agreee, that is what we should all boast about/for
other unicyclists introducing the sport as something not only for clowns

Yep, I almost forgot about that- I should put this near the top of the list:

• meeting lot’s of cool unicyclists and non-unicyclists from around the World at various events (Unicon, Unitours, etc).

Teaching my nephews and daughter to ride.
Teaching a kid here in Texas to ride.
Building unis and wheels for wonderful customers who use them all over the place for much greater feats than I’ll probably ever do.
Contributing a little piece of R&D to the uni tech world’s historical development.
Riding 4 cycles bw 1f.
Riding the UW up a roughish hill with my hands behind my back.

180 unispin
and
18 inch sif side hop

One of the greatest unicycle feats must also be one of the most current. The 3 peaks challenge is not just a ride up 3 hills in 24 hours… it is a really major endurance event. To give you some idea of the level people who take part; the only other group attempting the challenge this weekend were 4 SAS solders who were the only people to go past us during the whole weekend. The looks their faces when we met them on Snowdon as they were descending only 30 minutes ahead was sheer astonishment that we were not only doing it but were so close behind them.

Other great feats over the years should includ beating 2/3rds of the mountain bikes in the Polarus challenge. I met 2 people over the weekend who mentioned this to me as an inspiration to them.

Roger

That’d probably be…

35" sidehop, and going to UNICON XIII and meeting lots of cool people there!

Teaching Sera how to ride. SHe was the first person who I actually taught to ride, not just let them go for it, but taught and explained and all that other good stuff.

Had the biggest smile when she got up and rode her fer teen feet. Compare it to when you watch your child take hhis/her first steps, its kinda like that. =p

Umm, other things would be when I learned, got my DX, and first trials line that I completed.

i think this one wins

i got my uni last tue and i done my paper round this morning on it. its only a 20" i was so impressed:P

Yesterday I rode about 4 miles with my kids on a 20" I was little sore after that:)

I also learned yesterday that I could ride down a 6 set

Feat of…perseverence

Selfeducating into unicycling ,after retirement ,needed a bit of stubornes. :astonished:
No regrets!!!:slight_smile:

Jumping of a roof into a sandpit. I dont remmeber any of it and i was, one could say, totally irrisponsible.
We had been drinking most of the day due to it being a friends eighteenth and apparently, i was long gone, i rode my uni of his shed roof onto the sand pit, the drop is about 2 mtrs high. The only proof i have is his dad’s word. i woke up the next day with a very sore right ankle though, it has never been the same since.

My Feats

Selfeducating myself to unicycle… err 1 footing, 1foot backwards, my 70cm rolling hops ww etc infact most stuff i can do on my unicycles i would consider a feat because riding is just fun.

Oh yeah i did my paper round on my 14" twice because delivering 140 papers gets quite boring lol :slight_smile:

Leo