Gliding

I’m working on Gliding and just cant get it, I was wondering if anyone had any tips that might help:)

I’m sure people will freak out and be all- use the search button!

But shoooot just make sure both you’re feet don’t hit the wheel at the same time unless u are swirving and need to get cintrol. Sorry that’s not much help

use the search button, GOSH

Fine, Napoleon! Fricken idiot!

For help on skills, we can tell you more if you tell us what the problem is. Okay, you keep falling off I guess. Please describe what’s happening…

OK, well i get up to one foot, then i put my other foot on the weel to push it forword and it keeps catching on the weel and making me fall :angry:

Patience young padawan, when your mind is in peace you’ll know what to do.

In other words, practice! And that means LOTS of it :slight_smile:
I assume you know one footed wheelwalk, if you don’t, learn.

I think it’s a bitt easier to learn to glide while going 1ft ww, just gliding for really short sessions lets you get the hang of it…

As already stated, learn to 1ft wheel walk before learning to glide.

Next I would suggest learning pull gliding. Get a friend to stand facing you and grip one or both of their arms while on the unicycle. Next get into the gliding position (while holding onto them) and then get them to walk or run backwards, pulling you along.

Thanks alot for the help :sunglasses:

Ok When your Gliding where is most of your weight? on the rim, or the seat, and the foot thats not on the rim, is it skimming the tire? or are you holding above the tire?

That confused me but your foot doesn’t touch the rim at all. One foot is on the crown and one is on the tire. In the beginning you will have alot of weight on the tire but as you get better you will have less pressure on it.

when you’re starting out, you’ll have most of your weight on the tire, which will make you go slow. but as you get better, you’ll eventually have most of your weight on the seat instead of the tire.

Re: Gliding

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:08:29 -0500, “James_Potter” wrote:

>when you’re starting out, you’ll have most of your weight on the tire,
>which will make you go slow. but as you get better, you’ll eventually
>have most of your weight on the seat instead of the tire.

If you have most of your weight on the tyre, you would come to a very
quick stop due to friction. That’s really more than just going slow. I
guess you mean beginners have most of their weight on the CROWN?

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“Unicycling is like glue: you have to stick with it, and it’s not to be sniffed at - Mikefule”