Forum update one year anniversary šŸŽ‚ What's your opinion so far?

Iā€™ll just say this. I love it. In fact, I love you enough for doing it, I just gave you another donation. Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

I think everything work well. However, I have never been sure how to move a post from one thread to another?

Thanks for getting the forum up and running again!
The only thing I think would be nice to add (for me anyway) is to have an auto language translate function.

The other thing is, itā€™s still mostly a quiet forum, and skewed towards Unicyclists who work in IT (this may or may or be true, but seems like it). I donā€™t know what the solution to that is.

1 Like

You can get extensions to Google translate for any browser.

Vivaldi (the company I work for) has it built in (just sayinā€™ā€¦)

2 Likes

The new forum is great. I hadnā€™t really used Discourse before but it works really well. I particularly like the way it remembers your scroll position.

I do find the search results a bit hard to parse, but thatā€™s probably just me getting old :stuck_out_tongue:

One thing which I would really like is for the theme to auto switch between light and dark depending on the OS setting. I tend to use a light them during the day and a dark theme at night. Last time we discussed it I think you said that the two themes have different assets rather than just different colours, so it isnā€™t really possible.

Kinda lost its magic now that itā€™s Chromium. Sorryā€¦

2 Likes

Now itā€™s Chromium?? Vivaldi has always been Chromium.

1 Like

I mean compared to Opera.

:+1: Pros:
-Design
-It can be used without problems on a mobile device

:-1: Cons:
I can no longer see other members age and location under their avatar

4 Likes

I love it. I was using the old forum for a very short time when it was shut down to rebuild. I was very excited when the new platform went back online. Itā€™s very addictive and gives me a chance to interact and learn from other unicyclist, buy used equipment and be part of a community. Iā€™m sure my situation is not rare but there are very few unicyclists in my area so being able to have this interaction is very valuable.

I feel itā€™s easy to use, this is coming from a person with no tech skills. Of course Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not using the features to their fullest potential as well as doing somethings incorrectly . Oh well I try.

Thank you and best of luck

1 Like

If anyone wonders how old @UniMyra is, just know. He is old enough to be my dad.

Hmmā€¦ How old are you? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am 44.

Actually he is not that much older but this was a little private joke as he once claimed to be old enough to be my Dad. Probably because I spent most of our time together acting like an over enthusiastic child! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

One year already? Congrats @Canapin again!
Itā€™s part of my morning routine to come around and see whatā€™s up. And honestly, for such a niche sport, itā€™s pretty active. And certainly more than it was before the big revamp!
Iā€™d agree with @UniMyra who seems very old but we canā€™t know. But is it because I know this feature from the old forum? I guess I miss the location more than the age thoughā€¦

2 Likes

I love it.

I priorly had no clue that there is forum software as awesome and well-designed in so many ways such as this. I wonā€™t even start listing up what I like. It wouldnā€™t be alive and working well without the admins and mods ā€“ thank you so much! :heart:

2 Likes

But you`ve got less hair. :rofl:

2 Likes

That is because I am just a baby

2 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Thank you!
Iā€™ll update and bump the donations topic at the end of the month, when I know the exact amount of 1 year serversā€™ cost. :slight_smile:

Only moderators can do that unless Iā€™m misunderstanding your question.

What browser do you use?
Itā€™s built-in in Chrome (well, you need to right-click), but I donā€™t know about the others.

You mean hard to read, or that the results seem a bit off?
I find the results sometimes weird, but I think itā€™s mainly because there are very, very old posts and the search engine doesnā€™t take the topicsā€™ ages into account. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, unfortunately. I looked for new info after reading your message, but the feature is still the same.
But maybe I could create a dark color palette? Wonā€™t look as ā€œcompleteā€ as the dark full theme, but that could be nice enough.

Usersā€™ information on the posts is very minimal by default in this forum software as it aims to decrease redundant information.
There is no built-in option to add more or less info, but maybe I can edit the post templates to add the location under or next to the username.

Youā€™re not the only one :laughing:
There are lots of features I donā€™t use (like the bookmark thingā€¦) and Iā€™m pretty sure there are also a lot Iā€™m not aware of!

On my phone the default is Samsung internet. On my iPad, itā€™s Safari. And I donā€™t know about right clicking on the devices.
I donā€™t tend to read forums on a PC. Iā€™ve never been to this forum using a PC.