flatland bmx

its better than most of the americans on the forums

skorbo flat and street are already somewhat separated flat riders are not doing the tricks down drops and stair sets
French flat/Spencer-ish stuff is alot different then most street riders although there is some street influence the style of the tricks are different
a street rider would jump a ways off the ground or jump off a table doing uni spins while the flat riders spin the tire on the ground

by your definition… a fifthflip done on flat ground is flatland, thats just wrong. i have seen people do flat ground tailwhips on bikes… does that make it flatland? no
flatland is supposed to be smooth and flow, jumps don’t fit well into the flow and smoothness of it. i have seen one or two true flatland lines more than 5 seconds long… that is sad…

WOW I had no idea people were doing that with BMXes, I have always thought they were really useless bikes but yah thats really cool.

Thanks for sharing, it opened my eyes :astonished:

he would be good and BC wheeling

Just found this.

I really enjoyed it.
Check out the trick at 5:00, thats hot.

Im getting more and more into Bmx again, so I thought id post up a vid of my all time favorite rider.

Rob Ridge

He’s british too! :slight_smile:

Edd

hey guys
look at this little video i did a time ago about the bmx flatlanders that hang out on the Ibirapuera Park here in Sao Paulo

i think perhaps flat is to freestyle as bmx flat is to kunst/artistic cycling??

example

dude’s sik man!

Aaron Ross is by far my favorite rider. Big street all the way!

Been watching loads of bmx vids lately and getting more and more into it.
Just thought id post up this one.

Bmx vids have come so far, the shooting and editing is spot on I think. I would love to have the money and skills to film my unicycling vids like that.

Edd

whys everyone making such a big deal out of this. Even if he did post it in the wrong forum, its already here. I think these arguments about JC and 2wheel=bicycle is dumb

qhxakj, Thank you for posting that video. It was awesome. If I could do that, it’d be awesome

Eh?

How is he riding backwards without pedalling backwards? Is that possible? What sort of fancy hub would make that possible?

He’s using a freecoaster hub.

Thanks for the vid. I pretty much understand how the freecoaster hub works now. It’s pretty complicated. Unicycle parts are so simple lol.

So why doesn’t everyone use freecoaster hubs? That’s the first BMX vid I’ve seen with one. All the other vids they just back pedal.

Its slightly easier to fakie with a freecoaster but they are expensive, or they used to be. I had a look around and they are coming down to almost the same as some cassette hubs now.