Flansberrium unicycles

I’m actually getting better at taking pictures. The major reason is, I dont have music on my phone anymore. I always felt bad about disconnecting my phone just for a picture haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

News today! Tomorrow I’ll be working in the shop too! more pictures lateeeer! :slight_smile:

27.5+ Flansberrium

My new 27.5+ Flansberrium all built up!

Where did you get those pedals? Those are all kinds of mexican-flag-awesome.

also, I creeped your bookshelf and noticed we both own Gordon Ramsay’s Cooking for Friends… neat.

Those are just Odyssey Twisted PC Pedals. I bought them from my LBS but you can find them online pretty easily.

Cool beans, thanks.

Any update on the fatties?

I’m picking up more bearing holders this week, I will be welding next weekend. check out on my facebook page for news!

Jig was updated this weekend, and tried on 5 frames :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/flansberrium/

Still amazing work!

And thanks for reminding me that a jig is a jig - I spent the whole day calling that a rig… :slight_smile:

Looking good Jakob- About time you started making your own line of discipline specific handlebars I think. Your 27.5 muni looks great- but the KH handle has always been a jack of all trades-master of none solution IMHO. If I send you some Sketchup files of my ideas do you think you’d be able to give me a quote on what it would take to fabricate it?

Keep up the good work

Mark

Thanks Mark!

Shoot me a message on Facebook or an email at flansberrium@gmail.com.

I have to say, I am not very fast on production right now (sorry everyone, I am starting to feel bad for some of my orders). I can check it out and tell you what I think for sure though!

I got my 26"x100mm Flansberrium frame and put a fixed wheel on it. My plans for this frame are to make it into a fat freewheel unicycle but I’m still working on getting the parts and getting it built. I may try it out with my regular 26" freewheel while I’m waiting for that.

Nearly there! Muahahahahahaaaaa >: D POCKET-SIZED SPEED!!!
(designed to fit in a small suitcase)

Thanks Jakob!!

That is awesome!

Will it still be less than a schlumpf? :smiley:

What ratios are you planning to run? A 53/11?

Still way less than a schlumpf. I think the entire build may come close to just the hub price alone, but I’m putting a little bling on it. I’ve been wanting to do something like this for a few years, and it’s really exciting to see it come together.

going to be running a 37/18 with 145mm cranks to start and see how it goes. lol, Olympic track bike gearing? : P sounds about right.

But it would be awesome.

Is that an eccentric bottom bracket to account for chain length?

yea! I didn’t want to use chain tensioners, and wanted something I could really abuse, so it’s a 110mm thru axle with a niner EBB. : ) A couple of other nice things, obviously that it will fit a trials wheel, which pushes the bottom bracket up a bit, but the hope is that I can let the low pressure absorb some of the road buzz and bumps of the smaller diameter wheel. It will also have a 2 piece frame (the pics above being the bottom part) so it can be checked as normal luggage. Oh, and the wheel will drop out to the side so that you don’t have to mess with the EBB when you take the wheel apart. Lots of really nice ideas that Jakob helped me with.

I have to say, this is the most ridiculous project I’ve done until now… And it was super fun :smiley:

Cool details about this:
-15mm Thru Axle
-Niner EBB
-Yoke for more space for chainring (up to 42T when mounting the chainring on the outside!)
-2 piece frame
-Aero tubing (for the speeds)

Off to the paint soon!

:smiley: I need to take it around to conventions. I still haven’t been to NAUCC, but it would be really fun to show off there. I usually hit the juggling festivals instead. O:-) It was my first love.

The latest incarnation of the fixed wheel. I put on a 203mm rotor, swapped the old Spyre with a Spyke, and replaced the brake lever (broke the tip off in a UPD). My freewheel is in the mail and I have the other parts ready for when it arrives (including a Surly Lou which may have fit issues).