First unicycle riding movie!

Sorry bro, horrible ideas there.

Yes street champ, that’s not saying much when in the competition he did almost nothing STREET. Watch again bro, it’s almost all flatlanding. Oh I guess he flipped a weak 4.

Yes I did 360 a 4 in my last video. It was blind, sorry, not normal. I have 3ed a 6 though, the same set as xav in any of his video. (His best…) 360’s really aren’t hard though, not until they go to 7-8s, then it’s a distance issue.

-Shaun Johanneson

p.s. I’m not going to answer the what do I have that’s so amazing. Have you seen any of our videos. The styles bro, way different.

I think you’re making a bolder statement than Shaun here…

I was about to rip on you about the 360. You need to pay attention to how much blind stuff Shaun is doing in that video. Not every twist, unispin, or grind is his regular way. Hell, he even switch hops a 5. As for Xav, I agree with Shaun, his street riding isn’t as great as some of the other riders. Yes, he can do it, but most of the riding in his videos is flatland, with one or two street tricks thrown in. As for the competition, I would fully agree with everyone that Xav won that competition, and that I probably didn’t even deserve 2nd. However, if you look at any street course, it will never cater to my style of street. When’s the last time I did anything in my videos that was on a smaller obstacle than what was offered at UNICON? My strengths don’t lie in small technical tricks. I go big with technically easy tricks, its just how I’ve always been, and now I’m trying to get a bit more technical.

And also, as far as I know, I think Xavs biggest 360 is a 6. I could be wrong, but I agree with Shaun. 360s shouldn’t really be considered big until a 7. And then its not distance I don’t think, just a lot more energy.

Also, I don’t know if you’ve actually watched this video, but Shaun does like thousands of things that no one else in the world can do… watch anyone of his grinds…

Shaun, you know I rarely take offense to anything, and I know you don’t think before everything you say hahahaha, so there’s no need to appologize for anything. I’ll push you again in Denmark!

Kevin McMullin

I really hope I didn’t offend you at all. And you are right again I don’t really think before I speak. I’m really excited for Denmark and finding you, so i’m comfortable, until I’m comfortable with everyone, will be my first thing. So hopefully you don’t mind to much if i’m standing by you, or close to you for the first bit. lol

-Shaun johanneson

Hahaha, you’re so creepy. You’ll have to fight it out with Ashley. I’m sure we’ll be unicycling a lot too.

Kevin McMullin

Kevin, always the voice of reason, good work, we may have actually come to a conclusion…

Wauw Shaun, impressive video dude.
Glad you pulled the tech grinds back out, you are so good at them.
Realy loved the vid because the music was good and there were many different tricks in it.
And those tricks on the sloped “wall” were cool, it’s so hard to nail them of a sloped object.
But I’m a bit surpriced that you didn’t break a seatpost or seatbase making this video :astonished:
Anyway, congrats for this masterwork.

Peter M

BTW: to Kevin, you are right about the backs and fakies.
But that’s why we got Mike Swarbrick for, right? :wink:

As a matter of fact, I said that just last night…:wink:

ok… yes i agree our winters arn’t as cold (exept the other day it snowed yey!!) but about the rain… im pretty sure thats just melbourne lol…

Sorry to be annoying, (I know it must be to hear this kind of back talk from a newbie, much less a girl) but I feel I have to point out that you haven’t ever been to ND either. You should probably take into account that ND (being in the perfect middle of North America) has some of the most unpredictable weather patterns you will ever see. Sure, your winters may be “bad”, but ours last from about mid-september til end of april. That leaves about 4 and a half months of good riding weather, which are chopped up with frequent flash storms that can change a sunny, good riding day into nothingness. Here’s the thing, you should probably take a look at a couple of Shaun’s older vids and notice the snow on the ground. Pedaling around in 20 degree weather in the middle of March isn’t much fun. So before you go complaining about your terrible weather problems, maybe you should stop making excuses and do what Shaun does: go out and ride, no matter the weather. Also, with your skate park issues, don’t you have other places in Melbourne to ride besides packed parks? And the fact that you can’t drive is no one’s fault but your own, sorry bud. And the thing about only filming on weekends…most people work about 30 hours a week, so you’re not the only one out there who has limited time to ride.

Yeah, that makes sense, sorry about my post! :o

Look, I don’t want to get into a pissing contest about whose winter is worse. So all I’m gonna say is I won’t say our weather is the worst, and you don’t get to say your weather is the worst.

This much is a lie. If Shaun did go riding all year round, no matter the weather, then we wouldn’t be having this conversation, due to Shaun claiming that us here in Aus didn’t have winter, and that’s why we’re all such great riders.

Doesn’t Shaun have other places within a 1 hour drive of his town other the same old sets and rails? But yes, Melbourne does have riding spots, and I’m sure ND(I don’t know the capital) does have some pretty nice places as well. The key to finding them is, and let me put this in bold, go and look for them. Rather simple concept, and I’m sure Shaun(or you) have a car, and can therefore legally drive to some new spots.

WRONG. Luke, being only 15, is not able to get his license yet. I don’t know how the whole “getting a car and being allowed to use it on roads to get places” system works where you live, but it’s going to be at least 3 or 4 years before Luke can drive places. So yeah, you’re right, that’s entirely his fault.

-Keven Mckay

Yay! Blame Luke for everything!

He causes cancer! He invented aids! He puts marmite in your pillow! He killed the tap!

The silly goose…

A couple notes - North Dakota is maybe the equivalent of Antarctica… at least in how many people live there… the capital is Bismarck, and Shaun lives on the other side of the river from it. The only other decent sized city is Fargo, which is about a 3 hour drive away, and has one nice 9 set rail, and a pretty good skatepark…that’s all though. I promise you that nearly every decent set in North Dakota has been seen in his videos. I went there, and I rode with him. And my second thing… North Dakota’s driver’s license age is like 14 or something ridiculous, because no one lives there hahaha. So maybe she hasn’t considered the ages of other countries.

So I think we should all just turn Canadian and learn to live in a humble, appreciative, tolerant way. Hahaha.

Kevin McMullin

I don’t think we’ve got a single skatepark in our whole country.

Yay for Kevin! lol

Sorry about the driving thing, I actually thought you were 16 (didn’t look at your age there).

Here’s the thing, “mawesome”: everyone’s over here going “yeah, winter sucks…Well, you can’t go riding when…” and you’re over there going “shaun’s videos suck because he rides in the same places all the time!!” ummm…okay…? Anyway, Kevin’s right, and so am I because I live here lol. ND’s like this: we live in Mandan. You can drive over to bismarck, but there aren’t a lot of spots there compared even to Mandan. So, let’s say there are15 spots to ride in Mandan. You can either drive to Bismarck to ride 6 more spots, go out of town…oh, look…grass…and cows…for 3 hours…oh, there’s Fargo! Now we can ride about 10 new places, but only for one or two days usually because we have to get back to jobs or school.

That’s how this place is. There is either Mandan, Bismarck, or nothing for a long time

1. Yes, that was an exaggeration. I think everyone probably understood that Shaun wasn’t out on the streets riding around in blizzards and hail storms. Thank you for pointing that out.
  2. Shaun never said you were all great riders, just that you had way better opportunities to be down there.
  3. Shaun does go riding all year round. His rule for the winter? Try and shovel off a spot and hope it doesn’t snow again for a couple days so it can dry off, and then ride it if the temp gets to be about 25 fahrenheit or above.

We never said we had the worst winter, but if anyone works harder and fights more against the weather to get out and ride than shaun, you should let me know.

Hey, Shaun it’s good to see you “back” again, and it’s good to see you still mess up :wink: I almost thought that you never screwed up a trick EVER but it’s good to see I’m wrong, Yet another Inspiring video I really need to pull out the 20" again and start up practicing street some more…

I haven’t seen Shaun hit 5 in any of his vids, or do you mean unispin?

I’m confused by how you’re confused at what I said, and I have absolutely no idea how you think I could have meant unispin by witch hop. When I say he switch hops, I mean hops the set with his left foot forward. When I say a 5, I mean 5 stairs. Watch the clip where he fakie 180s the 5 set, and then hops down the set right after… 1 and a half revs after to be precise (I didn’t check it might be 2 and a half hahaha). Its a switch hop.

Kevin McMullin

haha, I thought you meant either a “switch 540 unispin” or a “switch 540 spin” (because I’d been asking if he could do a 540… with no reply).

Switch a 5 (stair) isn’t impressive to me, I did notice it in the vid tho. Anything I can do (which isn’t much), isn’t impressive to me :stuck_out_tongue: Switch UP a 5 would be good…

Would a switch 8 set be any good? Not like switch jumps are too tough, but I woudlnt’ mind starting to get some switch stuff here and there. And yes you have all seen the 8 set I would switch jump.

-Shaun Johanneson