Fall, Uni Rendezvous, East/Central US

To date, there is no club in Nashville, alas. I e-mailed the two folks there that I happen to have e-addresses for. However, I know that there are several more.

The riding there in the Nashville area is awesome and I can’t figure out why there is not more interest there. Geez, if we can “mountain unicycle” here in the Delta I would guess that it would be easy to excite folks where there are at least hills!

Tommy

Add me to the participant list. I plan to camp and should be there about midday on Friday.

Richard

Got this E-Mail from Eddie. This is a backup, if we have any issues with Cumberalnd Mtn. Of course there is still hotels in the area if you don’t do the Camping thing.

Chad-
There is a campground real close to the Cumberland Mtn. State Park, just
in case you need a “back-up” campground, it is just 1.5 miles from the
state
park. It’s called Ballyhoo Family Campground
http://ballyhoocampground.tripod.com/ You might want to check out their
website or give them a call.
Later…
Eddie
PS- I scoped out a MUni trail Saturday, (just in case you all come here)
down Black Mtn here in the eastern part of the county, elev. 2828’. It was
steep, slick, wet, dangerous, rocky, & just downright nasty… I can’t wait
to do it again!

Just to be clear, we ARE still rendezvousing at Fall Creek Falls State Park, right? The venue has not been changed to Cumberland State Park, has it?

Tommy

We are planning on Camping at or around Cumberland Mountain which is about 20 miles from Fall State Falls. There is a Festival at Fall Creek Falls and all the accomadations are booked for the weekend for people going to the Craft show/blue grass festival. The trails should be pretty wide open, so if we want to ride there, I don’t see any reason why we couldn’t. If anyone is bringing Spouses(Like Me, Please tell me your Bringing Spouses), and they don’t ride there should be plenty going on that they could do.

We looked at Cumberland and they have good facilities as well as plenty of places to stay in and around.

Who is planning on Camping? Who is needing Hotels? Who is bringing Campers? Anyone need a Cabin?

That’s great. Thanks for bringing me up to date. I know Cumberland Mtn State Park; we’ll have a blast.

I’m planning on camping. Rody can’t make it but I will have three lads from the MUC with me.

Tommy

That riding in Nashville IS awesome! I miss it terribly. The Muni’s have been collecting dust since I left there. I was considering shipping them to the MUC for loaners, but I’ll hopefully have use for them in Lawton. I’m sorry to miss this great gathering you all have planned. Enjoy it!

Tommy, please keep me on the PM list for those get-togethers in the Little Rock area. That should only be about four hours from the new place. And I should be traveling there for work once in a while.

Cheers!

Will do, Jeff.

I’d love to get over to Little Rock to ride with Eric (living there for another 2 months, or so) and explore the area. It would be great if you could meet us there. Uhhhhh, so many great rides and uni-buds and so little time…

Tommy

Isn’t that the truth!

Unibiker, you (and anyone else) are welcome to ride with me at anytime either here in Little Rock or in Austin. I saw you’re other thread about riding in Austin. I don’t know if anyone responded, but let me know when you get a chance to go there and I will hook you up with some people to ride with. Austin is full of uni riders. Hopefully, I will be back home soon. PM me and I’ll reply with my email address, so we can stay in touch.

I wish I could make this uni gathering Tommy is planning. It’s just to far for me.

-Eric

I think I’d like to go. I don’t think I’ve met any of you guys, but that’s how it is for almost all the group rides I’ve been to.

Only, I’m from northern virginia and I don’t know much about tennessee, so I might need a little help finding the place.

I’d like to camp wherever the most other people are camping and hopefully, somebody can let me know where I can meet up with said group on friday afternoon, when I would arrive.

I still need to see if I can get sunday off of work, so consider me a tentative enthusiastic maybe.

Sounds good. The more the merrier. I guess as we get closer I would like to exchange contact info with as many as possible. Eddie lives about 5 miles from the park, so it would be good to have his number as well. Any info you need just let me know, and I wil try to get it for you.

sorry Brian I’m not going to be able to make it. Sorry I took so long to respond I wanted to make sure I couldnt go.

So what is the specific rendezvous plan? We are going to be coming in from every direction, some stying at the park’s campground and some staying at local hotels and private campgrounds. I suggest that we gather, Saturday morning at 9:00, at the park’s campground to ride at the Cumberland Mtn. State Park. I think that the park’s campground is small enough for us to find each other.

Those arriving on Friday can scope-out the trails for us late arrivers. Most of us from Memphis won’t be arrivng until late on Friday night.

Tommy

I suggest a Pot Luck supper on saturday night like what we did at Montgomery Bell SP in the spring.

I hope we’re all together in the same campground. But I think its still logistically possible even if we’re spread out.

What say ye?

I will arriving at Cumberland SP Campground late on Thursday evening. If I know how many will be needing campsites, I can try to get the SP to “reserve” some sites in the same area. Maybe bugman and I can leave stuff at each site to mark it as used.

How many will be camping and on what nights? I’ll see what I can do to get a common camping area for us.

I’ll can try to work out some signage to let people know where to meet on Saturday morning. I’m sure we could post a sign at the registration office so everyone will know where to go.

Potluck dinner on Saturday night sounds good to me.

Looking forward to getting together!

Bill

Potluck sounds good for Saturday supper. Would anyone be interested in pooling resources for other meals? I have camping and cooking equipment but I don’t have a stove.

Richard

Pot luck sounds like fun. Maybe we should get an idea of everyones specialty, and make sure we have a good variety. It wouldn’t be good if everyone brought potato chips.:smiley:

I think meeting on Saturday morning is a good idea. One question though, if we meet at 9am, what is Tommy doing for the first 4 hours he will be up? :astonished:

I am planning on camping Thursday(Late), Friday and Saturday.

I can bring something like Kelbosa, should be easy to cook on grill or fire. Buns and Condements. I will also have Dasani, Coke, and probably a couple of other things.

I am going to have to figure out how to cook bacon, eggs and sausage on the fire for breakfast.:smiley:

I have a decent cooler that plugs in to the 12volt outlet in the vehicle. I freeze 20oz Dasani Bottles for Ice, and it keeps everything cold.

We will arrive late Fri and stay Sat nite also.

Between all these folks, we’ll have enough camping gear to cook a feast.

Typically, everyone is on their own for most meals. Easiest for lunches: bread, meat, mustard, chips, apples.

Saturday is an active day. We’ll want plenty of fuel.

I don’t mind cooking pancakes for the masses on Saturday morning. We’ll have to eat in shifts (or rather a steady flow). Someone do baby links or sausage or bacon or something. Somebody bring milk and somebody bring OJ.

We’re good little campers so we can cook a variety of things for Saturday night. If yall have specialties, speak up and the we’ll fill in the gaps. We do entrees, veggies…peach cobbler, mmmmm.

> Bugman wrote - I am going to have to figure out how to cook bacon, eggs and sausage on the fire for breakfast.

> Memphis Mud wrote - I don’t mind cooking pancakes for the masses on Saturday morning. We’ll have to eat in shifts (or rather a steady flow). Someone do baby links or sausage or bacon or something. Somebody bring milk and somebody bring OJ.

I have two cast iron griddles (about 12x18 inches) that work great for pancakes or bacon/sausage over a wood fire or a camp stove. Also have a couple of 12 inch cast iron dutch ovens.