Fall, Uni Rendezvous, East/Central US

Bite your tongue. I am sure there are camping spots somewhere. It is the most visited park in the SE. Or something like that. It’s something like a gazillion acres. I will check into the deal in the AM.

Online reservations will only allow you to book 7 night stays online. SO it won’t let you reserve any weekends. Had me concerned.

All right everyone, we may need to look for another park to stay at. I called and all camping and lodging that can be reserved is already reserved. They do have camping that isn’t able to be reserved, but it is first come first served, so if we aren’t there early in the week, no dice.

They mentioned that there are other parks nearby that won’t be full, and if they aren’t as cool to ride in will only be about thirty minutes away. Anyone else have any ideas? I am going to look into the places the lady gave me, and will post some info later.

Well, after a lot of searching and calling it looks like there are several options.

1. Stay at Cumberland Mtn State Park which is about 30 minutes drive from Fall Creek Falls.
  2. Find a Private Camground outside the Park.
  3. Find another Park that has trails and places to stay.
  4. Change the weekend.

I hope that one of the first three is the option we choose, because I was really looking forward to going. My wife was too(and if I tell my daughter that she will be seeing Keiths kids, she will too.).
For those that don’t Uni that would be goingon the trip the Festival would be something fun for them to do while the rest of us rode, so it may still be a good idea, but it is up to the rest of you. I am guessing that since most of the people that will be going to Fall Creek Falls are going for the Mountain festival so the trails will pretty much be ours w/o interference.

12??!! I did more than that per DAY :astonished: for 3 days to NAUCC.

Let’s see:

• Sept. 10-12
  • Bring a tent
  • Stay at Cumberland Park or nearby
  • Uni my bu* off

Anybody got space in a motel/hotel? Male, 54, nonsmoker, references: I roomed with Tmornstar (Tommy Thompson) at NAUCC. Or, I’ve got a large tent, it ain’t new but . . . Also, I will look for more stationary lodging.

Please add me to any lists you may have for this.:slight_smile:

Add me to the list of attendees. Sept 10-12, Fall Creek Falls State Park, TN. Driving in from Atlanta. Hopefully carpooling with Bugman.

Reid… Just so you know, we are staying at Cumberland. Your welcome to ride along. I plan on leaving after work on Thursday. It will be Jodie, Emily and me. I have tents, but I am going to check into Cabins as well.

If I dont have a job by then I think I’ll go. Brian I have a convertion van if you want you can drive to my place and we can go together share costs. This is all if I can go.

Oh yeah we could tent and if weather gets bad use the van or just use the van the whole time.

also we meet at LBI I’m the Tim that almost took you out with his coker when he fell.

Of Tim and Tim, yep I remember you :slight_smile: , you’ll have to try harder next time - I’ve got more experience (and brakes) now.:wink: :smiley: :astonished:

Contact me when you know for sure.

and reidJ

I called on Cabins for the weekend, and they are in the same area as the campsites. They currently have 2 left for that weekend. One is a 4 person Duplex and the other 6 person cabin. The 4 person cabin rents for just under $60 a night. The 6 person rents for $90 a night.

The park is near Crossville, TN and it looks like there are also plenty of hotels in the area. If non campers make the trip, there are plenty of places to stay.

Bugman

Chirokid and I will be camping together at Cumberland. We can try to get campsites together for us and hopefully for others in the group. As it gets closer to the weekend we can see who expects to get to Cumberland first and that person can try to grab a few sites together for the incoming people.

Who else is camping for the weekend?

At present I expect to be rolling in the evening on Thursday. Bugman, I know you will be riding on Friday, who else is going to be in the area on Friday? We can ride either at Cumberland or run over to Fall Creek Falls SP. I’m flexible, just as long as I’m riding.

Can’t wait… but I guess I have to wait. Unless that “Back To The Future” time travel can work with unicycles too! :wink:

Bill

Actually, I am off Friday so I will drive up late Thursday. By late, I am talking after 10PM. I asked about that and the campground said that was fine and if there is no one asround to pay, I can pay in the AM.

Hi Friends, I can hardly wait too. I will not arrive until late Friday night, unless there are some who want to ride on Thursday. I would consider driving over and riding on Thursday, then driving back home to work on Friday, then back down to Cumberland after work on Friday night. (This way I could help Bill set-up the camp site also. Would Bill like that?)

As it is right now, I will arrive after work on Friday night. I sure look forward to meeting some new uni-faces, not that I don’t want to see Billham and Bugs too! :smiley: See you soon. --chirokid–

I’ll be arriving late on Friday night. It is about 5.5 hrs for us from Memphis and I can’t leave until after school/work. I’ll have three MUCster lads in-tow with me. They are already chatting endlessly about the coming trip.

Tommy

chirokid - no chance of me riding on Thursday, that’s my travel day. No problem with set up, I got it covered. But since you aren’t doing set up, you may have to do the dishes all weekend. :smiley:

So far it’s bugman and I for Friday. Any others?

Tommy - Could I ask you to bring along a t-shirt, some stickers and the uni patch? I need a t-shirt for Caitlin and I just can’t seem to get enugh of those stickers. :wink: I’ll let you know what I want to buy in the near future so you can bring them along and save us the shipping cost.

Bill

Hey Bill,

Sure thing! When we travel to uni events like this we brng the entire MUC trailer - complete with the “Uni Shop.”

Looking forward to seeing everybody there!

Tommy

We won’t know for sure one way or the other until closer to the date.

Anyone with two active and involved kids will understand.

Put me down for 51% yes. If thats the case we’d arrive late Fri night too.

Where are those folks in Nashville? This will be our second rendezvous in their backyard but no one in Nashville seems to be riding.

Tommy

Tommy, do you know how to get in touch with Nashville Unicyclists? I’ll contact them if you do. Is there a formal club, or just a few renegades?