JC Events proudly presents:

The 29th European Juggling Convention

Dates: July 9th - 15th 2006 (inclusive)
(Takedown day is 16th)

Green Glens Arena,
Millstreet,
Co Cork,
Ireland

For EJC Ireland 2006, we have secured the use of the largest indoor hall in Ireland, with plenty of fields for tents, camping and fun, all on the same site. We realise that the dates are significantly earlier than many of you were expecting, but if we held the EJC in August, as in previous years, we would be unable to use a site of this quality. Our priority is to deliver a great convention, and that is what we are concentrating on doing!

For Unicyclists there are many forest trails nearby.

For more information about the convention, travelling to and around Ireland, and volunteering at the convention, see our website:
http://www.ejc2006.net which will be updated regularly. Photos, maps
and facilities of the site will be posted soon.

Please direct any questions or comments to info@ejc2006.net

We look forward to seeing you all here!

Slán,

Stephen.

the EJC Ireland 2006 Team
(JC Events).

Yeah, looks like you could squeeze in a UniHoki game or two.

and when team EMU beat you guys, will spell it UniHockey? :wink:

Take the proposition to your people and I’ll take it to mine.
Winners pick the spelling.
Fair?

There are a couple of guys at the club talking about making a plan for EJC’06. I can’t say we’re going to have a representative team yet, but it’s looking promising.

I’d hate to see a thread like this drop off the front page quite as quickly as this so I figured I’d give it a bit of a bump with the news that Andy’s “Spelling Challenge Grudge Match” suggestion seem to have awoken SA UniHokieers from their post-winter slumber.
While we don’t have any final confirmations yet, we have four players ‘most probably there’ along with our coach and manager (who wants us to lose cause he hates the way we (ok, I) spell UniHoki).

Early indications are that you, sir, are on.

Yourself included?

Phil

we’ll the rest of the EMU guys hold me in such high esteam, and constantly
remind me of how great I am and bask in my effervescent glory…
so i imagine if i say ‘YEAH, you’re on’ they will follow their illustrious leader
into battle.

So

YEAH, you’re on!

I’m in the ‘most probable’ category. I’m applying for the leave today and will start looking at doing more uni-/juggling gigs to save for the airfare. Worst case scenario, I know of one credit card that is going to take some strain.
I’m not the world’s keenest camper, so I’ll have to do a couple of extra gigs to be able to afford something with solid walls and a roof.

And if they don’t, we can always just find a pub and go write lyrics to a folk-song about the epic game.
I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to drinking Guinness in Ireland.
Hell, I may even juggle while I’m there.

Re: European Juggling Convention 2006

GILD wrote:

> I’d hate to see a thread like this drop off the front page quite as
> quickly as this so I figured I’d give it a bit of a bump with the news
> that Andy’s “Spelling Challenge Grudge Match” suggestion seem to have
> awoken SA UniHokieers from their post-winter slumber.
> While we don’t have any final confirmations yet, we have four players
> ‘most probably there’ along with our coach and manager (who wants us to
> lose cause he hates the way we (ok, I) spell UniHoki).

Excellent. I think I should be going and I bet we can get plenty of the
others to go as well.

I would say that I’m not afraid, but since you posted that picture I am :slight_smile:

Roger

Unicycling on the Giants Causeway would be uber-cool.

Hmmmmmm…

T.

As opposed to those pesky ‘outdoor halls’?
BUMP

EJC Pre-Reg is open

Just a note to say that EJC Online Pre-Registration is now open at:

Pre-reg costs €90 and closes two months before the convention starts. If you pre-reg it saves you money and it helps us plan the best possible convention. The on-the-door price will be about €120.
Stephen McGinley.

I’d love to go, if just to meet Gild, but the cost of getting over on the ferry is astronomical. But if anyone’s going through North Wales on thier way, give me a shout.

Cathy

hahahaha

I just looked at ryanair.com and at the moment you can fly Liverpool to Kerry on the 8th and back on the 18th for £2.99 + tax both ways (works out at £26.26 total cost return). You could visit Killarney for the two days after the convention.

Note that there are several “outdoor halls” in Ireland

how the hell do you have an outdoor hall…

i call them fields

Yeah the term “UniHoki” has always bothered me. Hoki is, after all, a kind of fish

hoki-sml.gif

Many things are possible in Ireland, it’s a magical place…

I was looking at the map and there’s a town a few miles from Millstreet called “Freemount” it might be worth the spin for the photo.

Here’s a video of the town and the site and hall for this year’s EJC

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4641554174747132822

And a fun video from a town called Freemount near the convention:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=193629

Yeah, so you said.