Elsbet 24: 16th to 21st of may 2024

Save the date:
The 10th (!) Elsbet will be next year from the 16th to the 21st of may 2024
This is a big Muni Event with around 100 riders from all over the world. There are no real races, just riding in the swiss alps. We usually have riders in all levels: from the beginner to the “pro” riders. And also alot of “side-activities”.
The very first elsbet was in 2007.
In december the registration will be open ( Team URSLI )

9 Likes

I’ll be there. With some other French riders, I hope! :grin:

1 Like

yes Maxence: I’ll be there too! (I asked my significant other to let me go to another Elsbet!)
(please Markus remind us to register !)

2 Likes

We’ll finally meet after all these years chatting on the French Forum :star_struck:

2 Likes

I’ll do everything to make it happen next year.
Wanted to be on an Elsbet for many years now.

2 Likes

I can’t find the Elsbet 2024 event on the URSLi website, or didn’t I look carefully enough?

1 Like

Hi Klaas,
it’s not online yet. We will be ready in december and we will announce it here

2 Likes

I see there are some other not so young riders.
Do we need to send you a letter? I will see whether my writing skills are better than my riding skills :joy:

2 Likes

Yes of course! also at the 10th elsbet, registrated is only the ones who sended me a handwritten letter (also filled the form on the webiste and paid the money). We will again honor the most original and most complex applications

2 Likes

I hope I’ll be there too! Turtle will provide a special drink to keep us young!
(my last german lesson in college was more than 60 years ago but I will still try to write a letter that can be read -happily I can sharpen a pencil and draw something - I will also bring my trumpet so more people may understand what I intend to say)

2 Likes

I’ll be there! Will be either my 3rd or 4th Elsbet, I can’t remember! Will there be a freewheel group again? Hopefully my freewheeling skills will be up to par by then.

2 Likes

yes, I think Urs will guide a freewheel group (if there will be enough freewheel riders)

2 Likes

Registration is open:

https://www.ursli.li/elsbet-24/

2 Likes

I will not be going but could one of you do me a favour and get a picture of your unicycle (and you as a bonus) in front of the St. Gallen station binary clock? I have a thing about binary clocks and obviously I love unicycles. :wink:

2 Likes

I will take may uni when I am going to St. Gallen next time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! :laughing:

Great! I sent a registration form.
now a specific question: is there a possibility to rent a different room (B&b, hotel, ?) .
I am stil young (75) but would prefer a comfy stay just for me (+ I snore like a bear :smile:) .
Thanx
Bear

2 Likes

there are some smaller rooms (double), very few, maybe i can give you one of those. If you prefer a more quite luxery room, there are some hotels nearby

1 Like

thanks
well it depends what you call “luxury” :thinking:
A simple room with bath and (most important feature!) a private toilet is the bear minimum. I suppose that hotels are fairly expensive there… It just depends how much expensive they are :wink: So if you have some links, infos…
thanks

1 Like

Is it common to bring (non unicycling) family?
It might be difficult to get a holiday in the mountains approved only for me. :wink:

So I’d like to bring my wife and two children.
Would they need different lodging?

Is acommodation included in the fee?
I guess it’s in the dormitory and that’s why a Fixleintuch and sleeping bag is needed?

So I register online, send the letter, wait for approval and than pay?
Or I register, send the letter and pay at once, being optimistic about approval?
So many questions…