-Double Flip Competition-

gaaa, the only spot I have to ride that isn’t covered in snow is the main road that goes by my house… its pretty aggravating having to wait for traffic between attempts and hoping the big tracker trailers don’t run over my run away uni.

I’ve also been driving myself crazy now that I have a choice between my 135s and 125s… when ever I don’t land something my brain automatically blames the cranks, its a silly game where no one wins… especially not my breaking cranks bolt :roll_eyes:

The Double flip is mine, who’s with me?

I’ll have them by or on the uni day but I can’t compete because I don’t have a camera. :frowning:

i havnt been on my uni for about a week with the weather and the fact that i had a nasty cold…and my rib…but i think ill be ok for the uniday im stoked…anyway with doubles it helps if you start with your back foot a little bit lower than with a normal crankflip and really SNAP it

Haha good find spoonthumb, If you think I shouldnt qualify fine, someone else can have it. Im happy that I managed to land them and am greatful of the motivation.

If you hadnt already noteced, nowere in any of my videos has a double flip featured (apart from my video for this contest of corse). That post that spoonthumb found was refering to one double flip that I “landed” It was probably 6 months ago, it was down a box, super sketchy and I didnt ride out of it. Since then I havnt even thought about trying to land another, sort of weird, just been learning other stuff.

I said I hadnt landed a double flip untill now because thats what I honestly thought.

So then a hugespin would be a 5 spin with a body varial, and the uni goes 720 relative to ground but 540 to the rider?

Not a body varial. A huge spin is a 540 unispin with a 180 hop twist in the same direction. the uni goes 720 to the ground, and 540 to the rider.

how so?

Well when you body varial the uni does not move but when you do a small/big/huge spin the uni does move with your body so I would say it is a hop twist and not a body varial.

And the judges say?

I def. wasn’t catching them early or anything, this is what I got before the tape ran out.

vimeo (try this first;) )

youtube (cause vimeo is backed up while I am posting this)

Thanks for the inspiration guys.

-Sam Haber

As long as they are in the same direction;)

The first one where I hop was abit shady, just put it in there to give the full effect of my session.

Yeah I think so, it looks like it flips more than 1.75 so I would count it.

I think it should count, even if his flips weren’t really clean its obvious that he can do them. Great job

I guess your saying my entry dosnt count then. I would say that it definatly should but yea, what ever.

EDIT: I cant watch Sams yet because im at school, hopfuly my internet wont be down when I get home. It sounds like it wasnt clear that it spun the full 2 revs. Not trying to be bitchy because you guys think I should be disqualified but he did write it himself:

I guess your saying my entry dosnt count then. I would say that it definatly should but yea, what ever.

EDIT: I cant watch Sams yet because im at school, hopfuly my internet wont be down when I get home. It sounds like it wasnt clear that it spun the full 2 revs. Not trying to be bitchy because you guys think I should be disqualified but he did write it himself:

Alright, had a feeling you would be bringing this up… So lets do it.

First off, me saying that was a guideline, using words like “I think” “cranks should”. This was an attempt to push the level of ridding and not setting a sub par standard for how we classify tricks. If we said at the begging that 1.75 flip will count we are selling ourselves short before we even start. My flip was a bit over 1.75 and I left the ground at a bit over 1.75. Anyway Thats what I got, I uploaded it and awaited feedback on whether it looked acceptable or not. Perfectly allowable by our rules.

That being said lets move on.

I would say you are being a bit bitchy here. I personally feel that my video shows a clear enough double flip. I would not have posted it in the manor that I did if it hadn’t. Even if the flip is not landing with the cranks horizontal, its pretty clear that it is a double flip. Although, I am willing to hear opinions, 'sall good. I did not break any rules or anything, just may have opened my mouth a bit much:D . I just tried real hard to land my first acceptable double. I think it went pretty well.

It should :astonished: are you new here? You broke the 1st and most important rule of these comps. Dude, you know how these comps work. You are seriously gonna claim your video should count after being quoted saying that you have landed a double. Bahahha. No hard feelings or anything, but id say an apology is more in line than claiming your video should count. Sorry, you do not qualify for this comp… no need to be upset, its a trick you can already do. You are already a winner.

Anyway, your doubles are nice and clean. Good job, you catch them very nicely.

I havnt actuly seen your vid so I wasnt saying it shouldnt count, I was just saying that from what everyones saying it sounds like it wasnt full.

I honestly think I should qualify although Im not realy that bothered, I landed it. If anyone else had actuly seen my flip all that time ago they wouldnt have said I landed it. Im sure it didnt spin near 2 revs, my feet landed on something then I hopped to the side and fell. You know what its like when you land a new trick, you get excited, you tell people about it, even if its as sketchy as hell, well thats what I did as I was excited because I fluked it. That was then I try not to do the same anymore.

This was so long ago that I had honestly forgotten that I actuly had “landed” it and I hadnt tried since because I was learning other tricks and I didnt think it was worth trying for another double because I was so far off.

Like I said before If I could land doubles already I would definatly have put them in ne of my vids and if I could land doubles all that time ago you dont think I would have put them in any of my last like 3 vids? 6 months, If I could land them back then i would easily have them down sets by now.

This is like someone trying to do a 180 unispin, they land sort of on the tyre and fall then like months later they enter a competition like this for a 1 spin and win it.

Im not apoligising where I havnt done anthing wrong.

Im not bothered, If you think im getting angry or anything Im not. Im just trying to set it straight.

I dont care if you were to take first I just want you to uderstand this ///\ is the truth and I hadnt cheated or anything and I was abiding by the rules.

Well thanks for clearing it up. Tho you have to understand, your right to play in this comp pretty much went out the window when your ego decided it needed to brag about landing a trick(you may have not even landed). Are you saying that you didnt really land it before, you hopped and fell off? What about the 7spin… haha, just playin’.

Whatever, there isnt even a trophy made for this comp yet, I couldnt get the code box to work correctly, and no one else jumped on the job.

EDIT: 1,000th post. Lets just forget about it for a second while I break out the champagne glasses.

it doesnt matter if you cant land them “consistantly” we all know your big on consistancy marcus but honestly i cant land them “consistantly” the reason i am so pissed off about this is because if it were a matter of “consistancy” then i would have been able to enter this competion. However its not about consistancy, which is why i am angry.

i dont know how you would think that…you landed a 720 unispin as a “fluke” and you remember that. I think its the same deal.

i am sorry for my rant…

i think sams should count they looked good