-Double Flip Competition-

Wow Sam you got really close there. The first one you did could probably count as a double, but I guess it wasn’t close enough for this contest.

I really wanted to go out a bit today since the rodes are cleared, but I have to go into work because of an emergency… :angry:

Whats a hugespin? Bigspin is 5 spin+body varial, so is hugespin 7 spin+body varial? has that even been landed?

bigspin is a 3-spin with a body varial. The uni goes 540° relative to the ground, but only 360° to the rider.

Reef (probably won’t be able to ride aka land doubles all weekend because I’m doing stuff but is still going to try win this comp) B-A.

Ok I havnt compressed it and its still uploading. It says it has about 25 mins left. Here is my vimeo account, you can watch it when its done. The first one isnt full, its probably about 2.5 revs, the other three are cleaner and full.

haha yea, I had a good chuckle when I was thinking about that. ooof.

Finaly, here you go, a direct link. Im off to bed, Good luck everyone else.

man nice double

Could have de-interlaced the video too, but good job.

I was thinking the same thing.

Congrats Marcus, you have destroyed yet another competition.

I hope you aren’t being sarcastic, cause thats a pretty harsh comment if it is :roll_eyes: .

If not, which it probably isn’t, I agree completely. First again! Good job!

Thanks for your coments. Im suprised someone didnt get in before I finished editing.

Hows it going for everyone else? I guess it hasnt dried up enough for you to get out Sam? who else has been out trying? It only seems like me and sam have been out and loads of people signed up.

Yea sorry about the music, I new it had been used before but I just wanted to get it finished because for what it was I had been editing it for ages. Most of my music is from CDs and premiere didnt let me use its, that song wasnt so I just went with it.

de-interlaced? Whats that? what does it do? how do you do it?

Get out and land them people!!!

Digital video, unless you are shooting with a camera that has other options, is shot in 60i. This means 60 “interlaced” frames per second. Basically what is going on is you cameras is capturing 2 sets of 30 frames a second, they are woven together, what is called interlaced. There are 2 frames for ever one, to get a “real” looking effect. When Saving your video to a file that plays 30 fps you will see lots of jaggies or lines from the interlaced footage not fitting together correctly.

When you export your video there will be an option somewhere in the settings to “de-interlace source video” (or something to that nature)… should a be a little check box. All you have to do is check that box and you should be all set.

Ah ok I wondered why you see those lines in videos sometimes, I never knew. Thanks for enlightening me. I will have a look now and see if I can work out how to do it and will defiantly do it for my later vids. Thanks again, sorry for the threadjack.

I tried a little bit the other day on bare patch of pavement i found on my road. I’m not very close and I can just barely get the cranks to spin a little bit more then once around because I land again. Tips to get a harder snap would be appreciated.

i thought for sure marcus had already landed at least one (the reason i am not competing) i will try and find it…

edit: here is a link to the post

Hmmm… scandalous.

Game back on, who’s still playin…

Busted Marcus! :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah…it would be nice if you could do them by the uniday