Does Pirating Ever Help The Little Guy?

This should help out, if not now, eventually!

Views: 230,000

DVDs sold since the video release: 0

Glad to hear it, thanks! - breathes big sigh of relief!

Does Pirating Ever Help The Little Guy?

Going back to the title of this thread. Its really not helping Dan Heaton.

As of a few minutes ago, Defect has been watched 1,449 times (I am looking at the Defect DVDrip that is up. Full 40 minutes of uncut Defect). To buy Defect, it costs $22, and some shipping, so lets just say $25 to buy Defect.

Thats a little above $36,000 that Dan and Syko productions will never see.

Ouch.

Those views are most from people who wouldn’t have bought it anyways, but may as well watch it for free,

You can’t really count viewed movies (or download songs) as lost income, if the person watching it was never going to buy it anyways.

I came into unicycle movies filming knowing (but also kinda hoping otherwise) I would never see my cash investment returned (in movie sales)

This video only needs to be seen by one person. the ‘right’ person.

people who count as views on youtube are not necesarily the people who buy movies.

but a google page dedicated completely to the movie (as an example) when typing in ‘unicycling manhattan’ will benefit me in time…

5 awards!

#93 top favourites (this month)
#41 top rated (this month)
#37 most discussed (this month)
recently featured
recently featured - poland
recently featured - entertainment - poland

:slight_smile:

I meant ‘honours’ and ‘6’

I believe you mean ‘honors’.:wink:

What’s that all aboot?

264,790 views so far
what song and who is the music by?

The song is Ian James - Getting In (My Way)

Well, I have to say congratulations again. This time for getting over a quarter-million views.

Congratulations Brian! You’ve got my 5 stars. Over 300,000 views and counting! 7 honors, nice!