Custom Titanium Unicycles

Nathan, you should somehow try to put your MG-Ti Pedals on there temporarely.

Very sick unis this is like rich boy pimp club. Muy bien!

Love tritons so much best frame at current. when to consider the titan kris moment hub and nimbus titan frame i think the price for tritons is BARGAIN!!! :smiley:

does Isaac LeMasters have triton frame too? wheres his pics!!! i remember was SICK trtion

Isaac doesn’t come on here often, but he sent me these pics a bit back…

I love the exclusive club type feel of this thread, and I’m proud to be a member. Maybe I should start a ‘Triton-Sponge-Schlumpf’ owners thread too. That’d be even more exclusive :slight_smile:

Anyway, I know I’ve written lots of good things about the Triton elsewhere, so I’ll just post a few photos instead to get you all drooling;

The lovely looking crown (slightly different from the trials version)

Detail of the Schlumpf torque arm bolt hole and bearing holders. Just gotta love that welding!

The complete Triton-Sponge-Schulmpf uni

Magura mounts

siafirede, me, Mike ‘uni mag’ Penton and Kris Holm (RTL in Nova Scotia)

Me hunting down a Saskwatch (RTL in Nova Scotia)

STM

DSC_1020.JPG

DSC_1054.JPG

DSC_1654.JPG

DSC_2005.JPG

DSC_2296.JPG

Awesome! Looks great, ahh I see that the crown doesn’t have the corner gussets. No matter for a 29er!

Which countries and races have you taken it to so far?

You can see mine here, still not finished yet, but rideable and fun.

Is it just me, or are those cranks really really long?!

they are 137’s, so for some people, like me, they are.

It has always confused me why the collective noun for several unicycles is a ‘stable’. That’s the thing they are renowned for not being!

STM

Yeah, a 29er hardly takes the beating that a trials uni does, so I’m sure crown will hold up fine. It still looks damn sexy and doesn’t bruise my thighs like the original Schlumpf frame did.

The only races so far have been Ride The Lobster in Nova Scotia (800km), and the Big Wheel Race in Coventry (10k). Both the titanium frame and the geared hub performed faultlessly on both occasions! I’ve some (sketchy) plans for some interesting rides, probably in 2010, but we’ll have to see how things pan out :slight_smile:

STM

i’m so jealous!! why aint anyone else making ti frames :frowning:

well no problem i will be getting new titanium bolts for my uni :smiley: my frames a bit heavy though , might get a kh long neck!

Are there any 36" frames floating around out there? I’d love to have a look at one of those.

This is an awesome thread :stuck_out_tongue:

My biggest regret is not getting a 36" Triton built up when I had the chance.

It’s not just a beautiful frame, it’s the best design I’ve seen in a unicycle. Plenty of tyre clearance, yet also enough of foot and knee clearance, and smooth corners that don’t catch. Perfect!

Ken

Triton Sponge.jpg

Glad you like it Ken! I’d like to see more pics when you get back from your tour! best of luck with that!

The crown on the 19" trials sized frames were designed to accomodate a tight-ish fit around the trials tyre whilst allowing for some minor buckle.

The larger sized Tritons were made in such a way that slightly fatter tyres could be accomodated, hence the slightly larger gaps with your skinnier tyres! Anyone doing any hardcore muni on these? I’d like to see a humongous tyre on these being blasted off a steep rocky edge!

I have a 19 and though I love it, and how it has got me into street, for me technical muni is what I want to do. However not to be on a Triton 24 kind of tinges every muni ride I go on. I was in the process of ordering one when Dmitry pulled the plug.

So I now ride mostly street because I can ride this frame even though it’s not really my thing.

I think these frames were very close to a perfect design, perfectly executed.

You ride a different style than what you like most because of the frame… riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Sweet unies.

Have you ever tried a Triton?

No, but I’ve tried 4 20in different frames. I can tell you I’m not going to love any frame that much, so much so I pick a style other than the one I like most. The kh is lighter anyways, plus mine is stripped and the welds sanded down so a few more grams right there.

Um… you come into a custom Ti thread with pics of all these beautiful Tritons, and your bragging about sanding down the welds on your KH, hahha. :roll_eyes:
The door is right there.

hahahaha