Custom Nimbus's

welll my bike guy might lose the while he is building the hub…I messed up and lef tthe other one with the hub but i dont know how much I can trust this guy to be carefulll…:frowning:
edit: I have one of them and do you think a guy that only deals with bike hubs will know what it is and know to be carefull???

If you can’t trust him to not lose pieces how in the world can you trust him to build you a reliable wheel?

no I trust him like that i just dont know if its somthing a bike builder would see regularly on normal bikes…he might just thinks its spare somthing and get rid of it… he is a good guy and a great builder. it might just seem wierd if its not somthing he sees everyday get what I mean?

If hes not sure what it is, I would like to think any reasonable person would not throw it away.

okay. but what exactly does it do?

They keep the cranks from going on too far and pushing up against the frame and bearings.

is there anyway to buy those seperatly if he does lose them?

You will want to call UDC about that one. I wouldn’t worry about it until you get it back though. In the mean time why not try and contact him?

it will be done about 7 tommorow so Ill go see him in the morning…its 10:54 here and I dont really think he’ll be in his shop:) if he is thats really strange…

Did you get a drilled rim? If so why did you get blue rim tape?

what size moments did you get. I got 137 but i wish i got 125’s…

137s are the best, I guess you do mainly street(on flat) and flat though. I have 104s (I think) on my freestyle and they feel way short, I wouldnt want to trials on anything that short.

I got blue rim tape because they didnt have any other colors. and it will match my hub kinda… yea I got 137’s

ya that about sums it up…have you ever tried 125’s? I like the color choices unidudedx.

That’s going to be very nice UniDude.

A funny thing, the Nimbus trials isis does not come with those spacers in between the bearing and the crank. On my uni the bearing started to slip, usually when I did a side hop or botched a landing. I called UDC and they told me how to fix the bearing so it wouldn’t slip. I didn’t want to go to the trouble/expensive of pulling the bearing off the rest of the way (required for their fix) so I pounded it back on and made a spacer out of pvc, it only contacts the bottom flange of the bearing on the axle and the crank. So far it has worked great.

Anyway, the spacers that came with the KH hub also keep the bearing from slipping. I’d say they are very important, UDC said they were not required (on the trails ISIS) and that I was they only one they had heard of that has had this slipping issue. I can see with the KH frame it would be even more important to have them than with the Nimbus frame. When the bearing slips it puts some outward stress on the frame. A steel frame can handle a certain amount of stessing like this, but an aluminum frame wouldn’t last long before it cracked.

Long story short. Nimbus isis unis from UDC don’t have them and you probably don’t need them, unless you are like me and experience this rare bearing slip. If I had them I would make sure they were on my uni.

I wish UDC included them, it not like they cost much. And for some reason the picture of the Nimbus ISIS hub on the website has them, so apparently whomever builds up the unis, throws them away :frowning: .

No, I have I think 104s on my freestyle but I havnt ever done much hopping or tried any trials with them. I went for 137s on my KH because I do quite a bit of trials as well as street on it and I believe its better to do street with 137s than trials with 125s

Thats what you get for living in america :smiley:

Well… I lost my other spacer when I took bearings off. My uni has been over half year without the other spacer without damaging or causing any problems. At least I haven’t noticed anything yet.

Thank you guys for all your good info but lets get back to posting your uni’s!!

http://unicycle.com/images/catalog/chaindriven/UNN3WHLR-1003.jpg

This is my nimbus, but it’s not custom.

How much did you pay? Could you make a vid of you riding it?