Crankflip Tutorial

yeah i got the crank flip on a ledge part… then tommorow i get dubbles and then according to schedule i will land my first crank flip on sunday…

I need to get the crankflip footplant, then I will try double crankflip footplants and double zero plants, and then I’ll really go for crankflips.

also, is it easier to crankflip off a curb (or kerb?)?

Haha, that made me laugh.

um, why? the schedule part?

I think the crankflip footplants will only help the real flips if you do doubles in your foot plants. That way you have to actually add some pressure/kick kinda thing to get it to flip. I learned single crankflip footplants before I could flip and I don’t think it helped at all. If you do a footplant and take both feet off then it will probably flip once all by itself fast enough. With the doubleplants you atleast have to flip it some by yourself.

For the curb, if you aren’t getting the full flip then maybe try it off a curb to give it a little more time to flip. For me they are harder down curbs (not much though).

Yeah.

ok. thanks.

this may be the first tutorial that helps me

im so close to both crankflip and backflip… thanks shaun!

YEAH BABY!!! i landed it… now i am going to get one on film…

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=224678 Here you go… The music is dumb, its the only music i have on this comp now and it is the sample musici got with the comp…

can some one get it in the galery with a small screan beacas the big screeans dont work :thinking:

you just gottA let it load longer cuz its a bigger file

alright so ive watched the crankflip tutorial a few times. but when i try to flip the crank and jump my feet seem to stay on the pedals. though when i do get my feet off i dont get any air. arhhh its annoying. ive been riding for 8 months. should i be able to do them or should i wait a while longer?

also because on some people with crappy computers, youtube usually works with minimal time and frustration.

i have one thing to say here: Shaun Johanneson is my new best friend. :smiley: seriously. i’ve been trying to learn crankflips with no luck so far. i hadn’t even thought of doing the first two steps. i haven’t tried them yet but they seem like a good idea that i never, of course, thought of. thank you so much shaun!!!

Arg, youtube. Friggin flash.

Can someone post it in the gallery here?

i’ve been trying the zero thing and i’m having some trouble getting my mind past the idea that i’m supposed to take my foot off the pedal in mid-jump. i’ve been pretty scarred (in more way than one) by some painful pedal bites and even with shinpads i’m still like, “no way in hell am i doing this.” :smiley: it’s hard :frowning:

have you considered getting 4x4’s? they help alot more than normal shinguards and aren’t very expensive.

Re: Crankflip Tutorial

unifreak7 enlightened us with:
> Crankflip Tutorial
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaDyxB0gwMw

Thanks! It looks nice.

Just got a small question about the combination of “please don’t copy
or misuse” and “feel free to distribute” part… How are those two
sentences compatible? How can I distribute it without copying?

Sybren

The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don’t we just take the
safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Frank Zappa

Be happy you aren’t a guy…you would have more things to be scared about hurting :sunglasses:

lol, i know they don’t make much sense. I mean don’t try to show me up with tutorials, lol. That’s all, but you can use that one to show anyone you want. lol. laters

-Shaun Johanneson