Coker on youtube.com New handle

For interested folks here is V2 with new handle

Looks like one of John Childs’ creations.:slight_smile:

I’m hoping that handle assembly is adjustable at the back, where it attaches to the seat post. That would be awesome, giving lots of adjustability for riders of various sizes! Also it looks narrower than the T7 handle, which could be a plus if you’re worried about mounts/dismounts where you could get hooked on it.

I’m hoping it isn’t too expensive.

That whole set up just looks really heavy to me.

My GB4 set up is pretty heavy as well, but I love it. I’d be willing to try this new handle out for sure, but I wonder what size seat posts it works with. I use a 22.2mm on my coker and a 27.2mm on my KH guni.

My concern with this new handle would be that the brake does not look like it is going to be comfortable to use underneath those bars.

[QUOTE=johnfoss]
I’m hoping that handle assembly is adjustable at the back, where it attaches to the seat post. That would be awesome, giving lots of adjustability for riders of various sizes!

It is fully adjustable up and down at the seat post.

Just to be a little bit specific…are you talking about the angle or are you simply talking about the simple fact that it can slide up and down wherever you want to place it on the seat post?

i think that handle is pretty slick. does it need a rail or does it just clamp on, cause id like to get something that just clamps on.

I wonder if Triton would manufacture a Ti handle if we came up with a basic design.

Yes the angle is adjustable

Maybe a T7 or GB4-like design without using rails would be good with Ti. I like the feel of the T7, but i don’t like the rails it has to connect to the seatpost. The rails are actually starting to bend a bit on my N36 and I am by no means a heavy individual (about 150lbs). :frowning:

Are you tightening the bolts evenly when you adjust it? That can pretty easily bend the rails.

I’m pretty sure he would. :slight_smile:

I would prefer a single boom for the middle part. the double boom makes it look hard to use the break properly or even to hold the center part for more MUni type riding without the risk of breaking your thumb.

Awesome. Can’t wait to get my hands on one!

Compared to what? If you’re fine with the handle built into the seat, obviously you don’t need to add any extra weight. But if, like me, you’ve been spoiled by having the option (and comfort) of multiple hand positions, in the long run having the positions is more important than adding some weight.

This handle will only be an option for those with 25.4mm seat posts I am assuming. I am guessing this because looking at cokercycles page the new frame uses 25.4 mm posts.

This means it won’t work on my KH (27.2) or my Coker (22.2). Although I guess it would work on the 22.2 with shims…but either way, it wont work on my KH guni which is a shame.