Coker Discussion Thread

we want proof that you actually have one.

Hazmat

Some people want proof that you actually have one but I am sure that a larger number of people just want to see what it looks like or how you put it together. I am most interested in what you used for the tire, and if you extended your frame.

I also wouldn’t mind a detailed description (or pics) of that inverted T7 that you talked about a while ago.

These things that you make are innovations and if you share your ideas it may improve the world of unicycling for all of us.

ERIC

Does it really matter and i don’t care if you don’t believe me. Sorry but that’s how i feel right now. I apologise if i offended you in anyway. :frowning:

Hawo saskatchewanian, i know what you mean. But there’s nothing to say.
1) The frame wasn’t modded and the tyre just fitted under the frame.
2) As for the inverted T7. It was a disaster from the word “go” as it kept falling/breaking off and hitting my tyre so i removed it. I suggest that no one attempt this as it is not the best thing to do. When i did it, it was merely for experimental purposes to see what it was like to try something different.
3) I’m sure there are people out there (including yourself) with ideas that are far superior to mine. But are probably afraid or worried that their ideas won’t be put into perspective and releasing them into the world of unicycling, for reasons that i will not or never know.

Wich Coker should i buy ??

I`m thinkin about New Qu-AX, but with KH freeride seat and 125mm cranks ???

y not wait till january when the new cokers come out?

try one of those out, and if u dont like it, then go for the qu-ax

I still want pictures, because I want to see it. There are a lot of modded unicycles out there and you cant just “imagine it” to see it right. Specially this one. There no way he could say, “Just imagine a coker, with some extras.” That would never work. And for me, that doesnt work for you either.

There are a lot of little things, and big things, about them that I would like to see through pictures. And from what ive read, you have made some interesting stuff, and im sure everyone on this site would love to see them too.

I wish I’d got a 36 now, I can’t remember why I didn’t.

All my KH29 has done to me is make me want some kind of coker, thats bigger and faster. Although I do still love my blue beauty :roll_eyes:

You need to have that fixed. It’s supposed to ROLL.

Where’s the challenge in that?:stuck_out_tongue:

I currently own a Nimbus 36’er with a T7 Handle, airfoil rim, TA tire, I had a brake on it but the brake lever busted off after several UPD’s(don’t mount expensive brake levers on the T7 if you don’t want them busting off) so I removed the brake. It’s all good though because I never used it anyway. Other modifications are the 89mm cranks, Steel DX pedals(soon to be upgraded to Slim Jims), a LED headlight and tail light,and a cyclometer.

Pictures can be found [post=1169680]HERE[/post] the picture of my nimbus with the cable spools was taken the same day I got it before any nasty UPD’s scarred it and broke the brake, also when I still had the scary slippery DX plastic pedals on it. I wish I had a good picture of me riding my 36’er though… those pictures were all taken the first week after I bought my coker and I wasn’t used to it yet I look kinda odd on my coker in those pictures…

Cool looking 36er you have there…but those sure don’t look like 89mm cranks! They look like at least (torker lx?) 125’s…especially the last pic. :slight_smile:

yeah all those pictures were taken before upgrading the cranks(WAY back when i first got the unicycle in fact) the 89’s are silver and REALLY tiny.

My wife bought a Big one online, about a month ago for me. They said it was shipped last Wednesday. Any idea how long it will take to arrive?

Everyone knows that a pneumatic tire greater than 36" in diameter is the holy grail of distance riding. Why would someone post that they have such a thing in this thread and not support it with photographic evidence? There’s not even a description of how it was done. This would have taken either something extremely clever or an extremely large investment. One can only assume that given the complete lack of proof of existence that this is a hoax put forward by someone who desperately craves attention. Why continue to give such a person any attention until either the evidence or an apology appears?

ħǻřрέŗ, who are you? You’re not the real Harper, because his account is 6 years older than yours! One Harper is enough for us all to share; two would be just greedy.

C’mon, lets cut the guy some slack - he actually has explained how it was done in other threads. I think it wasn’t actually a pneumatic tyre in the end, though I could be wrong… He said the rim was custom but I thought the tyre was solid rubber.

Well, even though I would drool at a 40" coker, I think Hazmat is quite a cool guy whether or not he’s got a custom unicycle!

Merry Christmas all!

Mark

But lets be honest, the only thing that will solve this is some pictures.

I don’t doubt that he has a 40" unicycle. There are a good number of hard rubber tire unicycles larger than 36" in existence.

However, calling it a coker is misleading. Since that’s become an analogy for a unicycle with a 36" pneumatic tire on this forum.

Merry Xmas btw!!

Yeah, true that is what people usually mean. Hazmat has said that his machine was originally a normal coker - and he had his local bike guys mutate it :wink: Presumably they mutated it using toxic waste - hazardous materials, if you will!

Ho ho ho :smiley:

You only get one at a time. The first is retired.

Cut him some slack? Why? I guess I could just add to the responses in the What do people think of me thread but that seems too bothersome. Gee, I wonder if this guy craves attention.

Where are these threads? The new ħǻřрέŗ doesn’t search…he lets someone else do that for him.

Merry Christmas, my friend.

I just got a nimbus 36in for christmas. What are some things you guys do with them, other than just ride them?