Coker Discussion Thread

haha, I need more room on my 36’er too, I put a front light and a rear light on the seatpost and a cyclometer on the T7 and I’m already running out of room to put new stuff. I don’t know how Terry fits so much stuff on his 36’er

Lucky for me, I don’t ride at night :smiley: So, I don’t need lights. Maybe a cyclometer and a bottle of water if I get a handle

Ah really? That’s good to know, thanks! Did your silicon grease come in a tiny container with “Do not eat silicon gel” stamped on it? That made me laugh a lot :smiley: Seems like a good rule to live by, though.

That’s sort-of what I meant… I think I can probably find somewhere on the seatpost / T7 where the camera won’t hit the ground directly (on level ground, anyhow). But even if it doesn’t hit the ground directly it’s going to getting shaken up mightily when the uni hits the ground… That kind of shock is a bit of a worry, since I expect that eventually that’s going to break the camera - the question is how much it can take.

I think I’ll keep it mostly on the helmet mount and only put it on the uni when I need to, if at all.

yeah my gel came in a container that said that it made me laugh to. I don’t think I’ll ever mount the camera on the T7 either, I think I’ll stick to mounting it on my body mainly my arm or my helmet

I live in NC, the tracking # is 187, do you know why there is no contact phone #?

Just so you all know, if you havent seen it already, Im selling a perfect new coker. Its been ridden twice, and is in awesome condition.

here’s the link to it: New Coker For Sale:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hmmm… I would but I’m poor, I wouldn’t mind a second coker…

Well i’ve decided to break my 40" tyre to make another yet larger one to replace it. But in doing that, it will damage my frame apparently. :thinking:

are you gonna have a new one to race with in 2010? I still wanna race you.

1) I’m hoping i do.
2) So do i. :smiley:

sooo… what do you guys think if I were to drill out my airfoil, and put Welgo MG1 mag pedals on my coker with my 89mm cranks… do you think that’s being too much of a weight weenie? I want to race in the velodrome and do a time trial to see what kinds of speeds I can reach… what do you guys think?

All i can say is… :astonished:

go for broke :slight_smile:

Speed holes eh? Haha I wouldn’t do it. Also, 114-125mm cranks would be best IMO.

How fast can you turn the cranks?

On the flat speed is more about cadence than weight. Try getting on a cycle trainer. Can you break 200+ cadence? Working on cadence will do more for your speed than drilling holes. Then try your uni on rollers next.

JM

I’ve hit unofficial records(with car tails and cyclometers) of about 23.5mph(37.8 kph), although none of those top speed were held longer than a quarter mile. I’m not quite sure what that equates to as far as a cadence, but I’m sure it’s pretty high. My average speeds on 30 mile long rides are about 10-11mph(16-17kph) and I can hold a sprint speed of 19mph for about a mile and a half, I’d say I have the spinning down, which was why I was thinking about reducing rolling mass and overall unicycle(and rider) weight, as well as sticking shorter cranks on.

23.5 mph is about (this is pretty close mind you) to 218 rpm, that’s pretty fast, I’ve only gotten 198 rpm, but ihaven’t tried my 89mm’s as it is snowing

the 23.5mph was reached with 125mm’s I’m really excited to try my 89mm’s.

that should be exciting, now for some 62mm’s :smiley:

or 50mm cranks, order some from miyata or make your own!