Clip - Triplebackflip

Just need to bring this awesome stuff back again :smiley:

Have you already landed a quadro back? Are you still riding?

I remember this. Kind of sad to think it was only a few months ago that some people were going “Has anyone landed a tripple back yet?” A lot of newer riders dont even know about Mike.

Cheers!!

Yes indeed, its very sad the young rider don’t know Mike.
Mike isn’t just a fine street rider, he also is a fun guy to meet and have a beer with.
Thats why I’m glad Marco brought up this thread again.
I wonder if Mike is trying for the quad back now.

As far as I know, Mike took a big break out of riding but as of late last year, has been getting back into it. It seems to me that at the moment, he’s just riding for fun, getting back to form and then once he gets completely back to form and/or he gets bored, he’ll start advancing his riding again.

It appears that when most riders get to a certain age, their lives become occupied with bigger things. When you leave school, you are bombarded with choices and pressured into making snap decisions. A hobbie like unicycling, which provides no funding or support, is hard to keep up at times like these and is often put on the back burner.

That’s why, I think, a lot of riders of a certain age disappear, hopefully Mike’s just taking a break, UK street is a quieter place without him.

Any chance of some new vids from you Jase?

Chris,

At the risk of high jacking Mike’s thread, I would love to put out a new video but I’m lazy with filming. I don’t have a tripod so I need to find people to film me, which is hard.

But…hopefully, I’ve not released a vid for over a year now so it’s long over due, but I wanna release something that is gonna be of a high standard and not second rate.

Watch this space. Thanks for the heads up Chris, might be the motivation I need.

Hey guys, Mike here. I’ve just moved to Oxford (university) and am trying to get back into it now. I am bringing my uni up soon, so can start again. I’m looking at going bigger really, never learnt to grind so that’s on the cards. Quad flip wouldn’t be impossible, just the balls of going off the drop!

Can’t believe I saw this thread so late. Has anyone landed a triplebackflip then yet eh? Hope everyones well.

Mike Swarbrick

Really glad to here you are coming back into this sport. Good luck.

Krisz did one off a drop at EUC winter '09
(3:59)

Loic did a hicktripleback.
(2:28)

Hugo also did a tripleback off a drop, can’t find the video.

edit: Hugo’s @ 3:58

Guess I need to go one bigger then! Haha.

i remember a guy who did it on flat :roll_eyes: who was it ?

Mike

or do you mean that one hungarian guy that krisz rides with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8HUkapnl1Y&feature=related

edit: Oh, and Kevin Kartchner’s landed 2.7 (ish) on flat. I’m sure he could get a triple down a drop…

Isn’t Mike the only person who has ever done it on flat?

chuck norris has done it too i believe xD

yeah he made it up a 5set i think

lol

XD

Haha, old thread. Good to see that youre getting back into it. Some newer riders didnt even know you, asking if anyone has done triplebacks yet and I was like “Wha?! Those are years old.”

Gotta get your name out there again. =p

Some users would say the same about you :slight_smile:

I’m disappointed only the cranks flipped 3 times…