Check Out this "Tri-Unicycle" - "As dangerous as it looks"

This is three separate 24" Schwinn unicycles stacked together. I call it the Linson “Tri-Unicycle.” It is so tall and heavy that I describe riding it to be “as dangerous as it looks.” See my first attempt at riding it on YouTube:

Any other interesting unicycle ideas are welcome. Thank you!

Jeff Linson, Charlotte, NC (aka “Razzle the Clown”)

Hate to be a jerk, but these are nothing new, or innovative. There are a ton commercially available. Please use the search feature in the future and you will probably find what you are looking for.

Well, except his is actually 3 whole unicycles, and they are 24" wheels. But yes, unicycle.com sells a version that is probably a lot safer and just as much of a crowd pleaser.

Rideable from each one? Now that I’d like to see. Or a video of a longer ride, now that you’ve had plenty of time to get comfortable on it. :slight_smile:

Yeah Nathan, he used the whole unicycles. Silly, but much harder to ride due to the off-center mass.

I don’t mean to be rude, but why not save up and buy one of these machines and custom make to your creative image???

But that tri-unicycle does look awesome regardless. :smiley:

I’d be impressed to see it ridden from the midde seat, because the lower seat would be almost touching the ground.

I can see it’s harder than a normal triverticycle, and (at the risk of causing offence) I think it lacks the day to day practicality I look for in a vehicle.:wink:

What would be cool would be a two stack (diverticycle) made in this way, and learning to change seats whilst on the move.

I’d be impressed to see three people riding it - one on each seat - especially if they were triplets.

Blonde Scandinavian triplets in basques, perhaps?:smiley:

Was it necessary to trademark “tri-unicycle”?

Tri-Unicycle Background

I appreciate the comments. I had seen multiple wheel unicycles but not three complete units mounted together and thought some of you might find it interesting.

Just a little background, I am a clown in parades and always trying to looking for new things to add to my act each year. I am 49 years old and not nearly as talented or physically able to ride as most of you younger riders but I can encourage people and bring attention to our unicycle passion.

As far as the design, I was not trying to be practical or even safe, just different. The more outrageous, the better. I just enjoy putting on a good show and making people of all ages laugh.

Jeff Linson, Charlotte, NC
(aka Razzle the Clown)

I think it looks cool. The added weight of the extra frames must be wierd. I had a 3 wheeler, I put cranks and pedals on all wheels, that lookes quite wierd. Have you improved since the vid?

For more outrageous, how about a dummy on each of the other two unicycles as you are on the top unicycle?

Yes please!

And make them “village people” basque wearing triplet versions of you!:smiley:

Glad to see it doesn’t take much to please or entertain you, Susan. :smiley:

I’m currently on vacation, unirelaxing in the uniheat of Florida. Nothing to do but sit on a wheel and/or do stuff online. Back to work in the frozen North on Wed. No basque wearing triplets on dangercycles in the latter half of the week.

That is pretty cool, I would love to see it ridden from the middle and bottom seats. Do you have to crank the top crank arms with your hands if on the middle seat and the middle crank arms if on the bottom seat? I would think that would be necessary from the bottom to prevent it from falling over. Holding up the uni while cranking it with your hands is the only way I can imagine riding from the bottom.