carbon fiber/aluminum frame

hmmm
this is a pretty sweet deal you have going here.

Well done on getting this far. I have seen enough to know I will be a potential customer for a coker frame if you get to the finish line.

What is the outside diameter of the tube just out of interest?

Might be worth finding out what is needed to make the dropouts schlumpf compatible, someone on here will know. I can possiby dig out the answer - let me know. Also, if it is possible to add the facility to fit V-brakes/Maguras might be worth looking into at this point. PACE do a carbon fork and sell a brake mount that fits this as a spare part, btw. It has to be fitted with a torque wrench so as not to damage the CF, but if the OD of your tube as it passes the rim is the same, and not ovalised at this point, then you will have the option to add brakes. I will get you the OD of their fork if you want.

we are working on getting the 20 " frame first then once we have that we are going to make coker frames and such. as long as the distance between the bearings is the same we should just need to make the legs longer. i need to get a coker wheelset before we can move into this however. so if anyone has a decent 36 wheelset they are willing to part with for cheap let me know. when we do the 36 frame we are definitely going to try and set it up for magura brakes we will just have to wait till we have a wheelset to set it up with. oh and if i remember right the OD of the tubing is about 1.18".

Any new infos on this stuff? Cant wait for the full frame with weight and stuff.

+1!

But just a tip: Your design may not work for trials street and flat! Riders wants a really small tire clearance and a frame where you don’t hit your legs.

If the top of the crowns is too big for sure that will happen.

Just as reference: Some top riders used a file on XTP frames, cause they were hitting the knee on the serial number! An it was like 2 or 3mm bigger…

Go for it, since the best part is learning how to work and the pleasure of riding it, but if you want to sell it in the future, may some improvements will be nice!

Bye and Keep us updated!

Crown finished!!!

ya i kept telling them to make it smaller but when someone knows more about engineering it is verry hard to convince them. but we made some tweeks to the design and i am verry pleased with how it has turned out. the bearing holders should be finished today but the final design for the crown is done. so i will get more pictures up when its all the way done. ive also been working on a company name/ logo thing. me and my brother are starting this together so for a company name we were going to do Erickson brothers unicycles or just EB uni for short. what do you think?

Awesome!:smiley: When can I get one?

well mine and codys prototypes should be done today and then i have to wait for them to ship to me. so i will have them for arizona muni weekend asuming me and cody go. so once i have them tested to make sure they are safe and sturdy then you can get one.

does anyone know how far apart the bearings on a 36" are or if they are the same as a reg KH hub. if they are same distance then i can make 36er frames easy but if not i will have to make the crown specifically for them.

There are superwide coker hubs (120mm) but the normals ones are the same as KH (100mm) afaik. Just have a look at UDC, i think that will help you :slight_smile:

I can’t wait till you post the first pics and specs of the 20" frame :wink:

Looks cool.

But I wouldn’t go with EB because Evan Byrne’s BC plates are called EB plates… May be a little confusing.

hows about a carbon 36er v-frame ?

Yeah when I think EB I think Evan Byrne.

Looks great though!

yah, i already have an EB frame…

EB Uni is a great sounding name but I would first think Evan Byrne. If you do decide to go with EB Uni you should ask him make sure it is OK cause i don’t think he is making uni stuff anymore.

ya i am going to ask him. i dont think i have talked to him since that thing with his shoulder happened. i gotta check if i have his email. i think i only have his AIM thing. but if not i will just not shorten it and stick with Erickson Brothers, and have that EB as just a logo

Maybe just call it Erickson Unicycle?

How is that possible, the serial number is engraved into the frame :thinking:

Well then i will get to see it at Arizona muni weekend :slight_smile:

how exactly do you plan to attach the seat tube to it?
-Riley

there is a machined piece of alu that inserts into the hole in the top that comes up another half inch or so then the carbon fiber slides into that.

my bro just called and said they are finishing up the bearing holders right now and doing weight reduction on the crown.=)

You should post the weight once you have a full frame togeather