CA MUni Weekend 2006: Results and Thank-you's!

Lol that was so pimp dude, acyually it was so pink, cause pink is the new pimp! get it everyone lol. Did you ever land it?

Another awesome muni weekend. Thank you John, Lloyd + family, everyone else who helped, and everyone who came! Also, thank you Rod- for having some fabric tape to save my seat- and for helping with the BBQ and everything else!

Here are my photos from the weekend:

http://unicyclejester.com/gallery/trips/cal_muni_2006

Later,

Jess

Nope, everyone left so we just said we would come back later but then it got dark. My jeans were ripped, my knee was bleeding, my arm and hip were scraped and I was completely covered in dirt:) I got close though.

man i have got to go to one of these things in america how long did this go for days # and how long does moab go for?

Moab and CA muni weekend are both 3 days: Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

very close. some would say you pulled it off, even though you wheren’t content.

Looking at the picture, do you think it would have been easier if your knees where bent more on landing? I’m sure a drop that big into a trasition is crazy hard no matter what you do.

That might have helped absorb some more of the impact. I think it would have actually been easier if I aired/gapped off of the rock so i would clear most of that downhill part.
The only falls that actually hurt were the ones when my shoe lace got stuck on the bolt so I kind of got stuck.
If I had some more time at it I could have rolled out better.

Here are some of my photos. There are 100 shots in this album with a few from other riders (thanks Jess and Hans). Also 6 video clips.

http://nhoover.smugmug.com/gallery/1941876

I didn’t know everyone’s name, so if you see my caption is wrong or missing, make a comment on that page and I’ll see it and fix the caption.

The fun doesn’t stop with Muni weekend though. The Berkeley Juggling Festival is on this weekend, as well as the Mount Diablo Challenge. Hope to see some of you guys at those events.

—Nathan

Awesome photos Nathan!

-Jess

Here’s the video I took right before leaving Tahoe. Please excuse the crappy quality of youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEaPopVRexs

my neck still hurts:(

Awsome! Love the camera angles.:smiley:

What trail was that filmed on?

That was on the trials course next to Donnor ski ranch. A big group of us went back there on Sunday instead of the Mr Toads ride because we had to leave earlier.

Thanks, Good thing that was at the end on Sunday because someone messed up their uni.

Yep, that was Cody. He bent his tryall rim on his koxx blue berry. It wouldn’t really matter too much if it wasn’t the end of sunday because it was his trials uni and he was riding his muni on the actual rides. He just has to buy a new rim now. Cody and Evan are both at my house right now and Cody is riding his old torker dx wheel.

wat rim is he getting?

Nice! I liked the editing and the angles…and the crashes :smiley:

Nice riding…looked like some very challenging lines. Who was the guy in green that did the big drop, then later a 360 off a rock?

That was Cody.

Miles: I think he is getting a kh rim.