CA MUni Weekend 2006: Results and Thank-you's!

some stupid big 180 off a rock I think. his rim is all messed up now;)

Ha yeah…natural trials isn’t my thing. :roll_eyes:

cody bent his koxx.

he was working it pretty hard.

Lol well ya know once ya go blue its done for you! Well It was the same line that miles tryed to roll down and ate it hardcore, I just got done watching the clip he full on kissed the rock and tackled it, I was expecting you to get up holding on to it lol. Dang man I hope your feelin allright…Well I cleared that hill he was doing with a 180 and I did it first try for my dads camera, but the second time when Jake was filming I landed and broke a spoke and I either pincehd the tire on the landing or my spoke ramned in one of the holes in the rim. But its all f.u.b.a.r. the pedals are massivly bent but I think the cranks are still mostly straight, they better be. And I bent the seat post on those 360 unispin off the rocks…It was hard to land cause my pedals were so bent I kept slipping off arg lol. Well when are there gonna be pics and vids…PM me when they are up I wanna see em! lol and miles Il try to get ya the footy of your beef. aim me unicaw89

I definetely have to agree, that has to be the most awsome ride I have ever done… And its only 2 hours from home, I can see spending a few weekends there.
I wish I could have joined everyone for all 3 days but work got in the way so Sunday was the best I could do and loved it.

Misc. items about CMW

I had a great time, too. The cabins are great for hanging out and meeting people. It also keeps you in the circle of what’s going on for evening gatherings. I highly recommend it to anyone for next time.

I designed most of the trials lines during the trials competition, but I wanted to thank specifically Lloyd Johnson for getting the tape and ribbon and finding us that “Disneyland” of trials area. Jason Heimann helped with placing the boundry ribbons and I think wrote out the descriptions, and Mike Menichini became my right-hand man, as we feverishly placed the boundry lines. He extended one of the novice lines to make it a bit more challenging. Jake Sprague picked out two of the hardest lines, one was line 12 in the back and the other was the one on the far left with the duct tape showing the line. Kris Holm layed out the one on the bottom that looked impossible to hop up - he later was the only one to clear the line. Corbin Dunn picked out that simple 4.5 foot drop.

Next time, I recommend we get going on the trials lines earlier and if possible to ride longer after. I know the benefit schedule made that difficult, this year. After everyone left, we got a treat as Hans and Eyal rolled a tremendous line near the top of the big boulder in the center of all the trials lines all the way down. I also captured, on video, John Sprague riding DOWN the line, that Kris designed. That was steep and scary, but John did it. I have to post it later.

Sarah(Jason Heimann’s girlfriend) and Eric(Santa Cruz mountains Eric - I never got his last name) and myself rode one half of the Sawtooth trail on Sunday instead of the intimidating Mr. T’s Wild ride. A hurting knee and some back problems made me choose the sublime. We figured out why they call it the Sawtooth trail, as it is littered with small rocks that constantly test your endurance and balance. Due to their huge numbers, it’s like the teeth on a saw. An estimated 7 miles made it a nice pleasant way to end the weekend.

Cheers.

I am glad there were a lot of people there with cameras and stuff, I had a camera but I am lazy when it comes to taking pictures. It seems like too much work to get the camera out of my camelback then put it away again…
Here is one picture of Cody…

Mr. Toad’s is a fun trail. I rode it in 2000. Good times. I wonder how much the trail has changed since then? I’m sure it’s a bit different.

Wow, what a weekend! Others have written about the fun stuff we did. I really had a great time and echo the thanks to Lloyd, Scott and their families, and of course John Foss. And everyone else there!

For us, it was actually 4 days of fun! Today after a round of disc golf in Santa Cruz, 7 of us rode the famous Rob’s Ride on Cokers, finishing just after dark due to some mechanical mishaps. Awesome ride as usual and a special treat to share it with riders from Canada (Kris and Jeff) and Jess and Kevin. Too bad many of the locals had to work or be in school.

Here’s one photo from the trials comp, showing it was fun and entertaining to watch. Tomorrow night I’ll try and get time to post a bunch of my best ones.

—Nathan

:smiley:

Lol I like that pic of Kris, funny how Beau was perfectly in the shot lol

Group shots uploaded!

In what may have been a personal speed record for me, I’ve edited and uploaded my ride group photos from Friday and Sunday’s rides. These three shots are all printable (you can order prints if you like), as well as viewable and downloadable at their full size. The Friday shots show 57 people, though there’s always a few who hide so we can barely see them:

http://unicycling.smugmug.com/gallery/1935937

Enjoy! I’m so far behind on my photos for 2006 I can’t promise having the rest of them up in the near future… :frowning:

WOW, there were a lot of blue muni’s in the first two photos. Were KH’s the majority?

Thanks to all for the incredible 4 days of riding! Is it next year yet? :wink:

Kevin

Love the pic of Kris in mid fall on that rock. I was going to try that line, but then I realized I wouldn’t be able to hop high enough to make it up the ledge later on. maybe Kris is running up the rock :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think so, just a lot of KHs in the front. We had a nice mix of brands, including Wilders in several different colors! There were also a few 29ers on that ride (it’s great for 29ers but you might have to skip a few spots), and even some Trials unis with hyper riders I couldn’t keep up with.

He had grabbed to that position, then was trying to hold his balance to get the next jump. His balance-correction position turned out to look like a martial arts move, but then the uni slipped out from under his foot. I have the same picture from a few inches to Nathan’s left…

like me?:stuck_out_tongue:

Best unicycle event of all time!

Thank you John, Lloyd and everyone who made it possible.

Is there going to be an “official” picture thread so it doesn’t turn out like the moab pictures and movies with a bizzillion different threads?

I like this picture, it was taken by Jess I assume because I found it in his gallery;)

owowowowow