BIke Trials Event in VT wants good trials riders!!

Could you possibly post the questions and answers here if they are not personal? Others might be wondering the same thing.

I looked at the various websites devoted to the event and couldn’t figure out exactly where at Killington it’s going to be held. Should we head up the access road?

My wife is interested in watching the competition but she’s having knee surgery tomorrow. Is there much hiking involved getting to the viewing area?

I’m certainly not qualified to compete but wouldn’t mind doing a little riding. I gather from reading earlier posts that it wouldn’t be necessary to register just to do that but wanted to confirm.

Can I get a ride?

If anyone is coming from or passing by Boston on the way Killington, I ride will be greatly appriciated.:o

It turns out my Mom, who I’m visiting, has to work that day. I might be able to borrow her car for the trip, but not likely.

Sorry, at any other time of the year I would have been in Boston but I’m in NH for the summer. :frowning:

Hey Anthony,

Sorry… things have been a bit hectic around the house (wife is taking bar exam tomorrow and Wed…so I’ve got the kids, packing and prepping for event on Saturday…whew!).

We are insured for Friday and Saturday, so anyone arriving Friday can play. Just make sure you find me and get registerd (sheez, these insurance/liability people are sticklers!). Qualifiers for Uni, will be on Saturday at 10am. Schedule/details on www.natrials.com

Oh yeah…main lodge at Killington. We will be a Granny Gear tent on Saturday morning before qualifiers for registration as well.

Box from UDC arrived this morning…don’t know what is in it yet…but huge thanks to Kris Holm/UDC for hooking us up with some swag!

No hiking…we’ll be front and center in middle of resort… bring camera/video camera…see ya there.

I am leaving Wednesday morning, and not sure if I will have any interenet contact with rest of world for the remainder of the week. Any more questions, jet them up here and I will try and be speedy about reply tomorrow.

If no questions… can’t wait to meet you all, it is going to be a good time!

i have an idea
suck it up this is NE first unicycle anything and theres loads of riders

Couple of other obvious, but necessary points, items:

If you are under 18, you MUST have parent/gaurdian with you to sign up. Sorry, no exceptions.

Helmets are a must everywhere on Killington Resort…period.

If you arrive on Friday, $25 entry will cover both Fri and Sat.

OK, that is housekeeping for the moment…stay tuned…same bat station.

For those of you not able to make it, sorry your loss…kidding…ha, ha, ha. Really, tune into Dirt Rag Magazine web page (www.dirtragmag.com) around 5pm or so on Saturday eve (the 28th).

So, is there any last minite head count for whos coming to this shin-dig (pun intended)?!

Couple of other obvious, but necessary points, items:

If you are under 18, you MUST have parent/gaurdian with you to sign up. Sorry, no exceptions.

Helmets are a must everywhere on Killington Resort…period.

If you arrive on Friday, $25 entry will cover both Fri and Sat.

OK, that is housekeeping for the moment…stay tuned…same bat station.

For those of you not able to make it, sorry your loss…kidding…ha, ha, ha. Really, tune into Dirt Rag Magazine web page (www.dirtragmag.com) around 5pm or so on Saturday eve (the 28th).

So, is there any last minite head count for whos coming to this shin-dig (pun intended)?!

Is anyone showing up Friday? I think I may. Not sure where I’d stay over night though, maybe the car? Haha.

http://grannygear.com/Races/Killington/2007/accomodations_directions.shtml

Accomodations link from Granny Gear website.

I’m out of here tomorrow morning with truck load o’ lumber and kids in tow for the 400 mile trek!

I’ll be there from tomorrow eve on… just ask Granny Gear people for Tim the trials guy. I will be at Granny Gear tent for registration Friday through the day (or be setting up stuff nearby). For those arrriving Saturday morning, I’ll be doing registration from 9am on…

See you all there!

http://grannygear.com/Races/Killington/index.shtml

Cool, and the coverage begins…and it doesn’t even hurt (well, not much).

OK, really leaving now… Ford F-250, four wheel drive, crew cab V-10…400 miles … the gas bill alone is something that makes me want to buy Exxon stock…ha, ha, ha… outta here…

I’ll prolly be there Fri & Sat…

Who/what timea re people showing up on Fri? Brian O. and I were discussing maybe a muni ride if there’s nothing uni oriented officially happening on Friday.

i am here… starting to build stuff. saturday is calling for scattered thunderstorms. they usuallly happen in late afternoon in these partws so we may want to shuffle main event a little earlier…at the moment current schedule stands and we’ll just keep an eiye on the weather.

hopefully upload some pics later

I’ve decided…

I’ll be there.

Awesome! I’m bringing cameras, tripod, and a camera person (my fiance ;))

Hey all,

I posted from a laptop earlier that had no functioning backspace button and no working caps lock…

Anyway, got my laptop working here at Killington. I spent the day finishing boxes and building bunnyhop poles. Just need to paint bunny hop bases and put another coat of paint on top of boxes with sand mixed in tomorrow morning and we’ll be ready to rock.

Per Ryans suggestion, I went out and bought some 2x4s …rather than just lie them on ground, I build some small boxes (like 1’ cubes)…notched them out for 2x4s so the skinnies will be a little bit elevated off the ground. I just need to paint those as well tomorrow morning and they should be good.

Kris and Ryan told me that the ups on UNIs are not quite as high as bikes (boxes for the bikes start at 36"), so I got a dozen pallets or so and will fix them together with drywall screws as event happens.

Tomorrow the computer/video guys are showing up and that should be dialed by evening time.

Another side note. Parking lot is dirt/pebbles type.

Everything is located in parking lot in front of Adventure center/Snowshed.

Now I have internet, hope to take a couple pics tomorrow morning and post them. In the mean time, I just a pic of my kids hopping on the big boxes will have to suffice in quenching your interest!

I am getting stoked!

ooops, size of pic was too big… will have to try that again later…