BIke Trials Event in VT wants good trials riders!!

im 90 percent sure im going

sweet, I’ll be there!

This comp is going to rock out, make sure you bring your friends as well.

See you there,

THEDMAN

The Stevens boys are there.

I’m not sure if I understand correctly, but is there any trial competition or is it only an event of high jump, long jump and gap competitions???

I think I will be able to make it.

Right, it is simply a skills contest. Bunnyhop, side hop (difference for Unis will be rolling versus non rolling), gap and up (how far and how high).

Here is pics from biketrial event a few years ago, this should give an idea of what we are going for.

http://www.natrials.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=31&g2_itemId=66

As I said…there will be flatland/freestyle area to use as well. Less than two weeks!!

HUGE thanks to Kris Holm and UDC for donating some goodies!!

ya goodies
im going

Oh yeah, just in case it rains (odds are against it this time of season)…we will be able to hold comp under tent…so don’t pansy out because you see a few clouds on the TV!!

Hey there, I saw over on observed trials that you ride in Boston, do you trials uni too or just biking? I go to Northeastern University and generally have no one to ride with while I’m there.

Sorry Tim but I’m still confused. I don’t understand your answer to Kapoute’s question. You say it’s only a skills contest but then say it’s going to be like the pictures. The pictures show skinnies, spindles, and pallets which looks like a full trials comp.

Sorry, I guess I could have elaborated on that contest a little. That contest was one we held a number of years ago, it was gap, bunnyhop, side hope, up and there was also skinny and rear wheel move. To keep the contest managable (that one took better part of 6 hours to run) we will not be doing the rear wheel (ha, guess you could have figured on that!) and skinny.

hey, have you ever thought of doing anything in the south?
there is a definite lack of competitions in the mid-southern part of the united states. I would be willing to help with as much as possible to get one organized in south texas. There is a huge number of people who just do not have the ambition and ability to go across the country to a unicycling event. maybe this isn’t the thread for this, but i think that the southern unicycling/trials community needs a little something to get started with. I have not seen or heard of a unicycling convention anywhere in the area. it is an unexplored opportunity. You could be the first, and there are many people willing to help you out.

austin has a big unicyclist group. i bet they have a small trials biking community as well. I know corpus christi has it’s fair share of unicyclists.
san antonio has a fair amount, dallas as well.
the people are here, the conventions and competitions are not.

-stephen skrobarczyk-

EDIT: ohh and btw can you PM me if you have any monty trials tires? 2.7?

Would love to, but can only do so many money loser events a year!..ha, ha, ha. There are a group of biketrials guys in Austin area that used to organize comps. That is how I saw my first UNI comp riders… some guys e-mailed me before the 24 Hours of Snowshoe event and asked if they could join in with the biketrials guys…of course I said why not! Sometimes all you have to do is ask, and you’d be surprised at what useful information is in people.

I think I should be able to make it.
Will there be any additional trials obstacles around to fool around on, and get warmed up on while other people are competing? It would be cool just to have a few dozen pallets, and some 2 x 4 skinnies on edge. Also, will there be a group ride going on after / before the comp?

let me know, because even though it sounds like a fun time, it would make it more worthwhile to drive down, and ride some actual trials, instead of just sidehopping some wooden obstacles.

-Ryan

I totally I agree with Ryan on this one, I’m hoping there will be some more trials stuff to fool around on. As for whether or not there will be a group ride before or after, I don’t know of anything official but I know that a bunch of us plan to bring our munis for one.

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62659

Doesnt look like I will be able to muni:( . I am still going to try and make it there, but I may just be filming.

Noooo :frowning: Thats a shame, I was looking forward to riding with you. Hurry up and get better haha.

I am in Buffalo NY, so the boxes and poles are what are going to fit in the truck to drive the 300+ miles. However, I will be arriving on Wednesday…so I would be more than happy to scrounge pallets and some 2x4s after I get the major obstacles set up and run ups taped. Any one arriving Friday and having input is way more than welcome to give me suggestions as to what we can ad.

Ryan, e-mail me any thoughts on coordinating this… it is the first of its kind skills comp…but I certainly want to make it a complete fun event!

We can bring a few sandwich boards a post and possibly a rail, assuming that is alright with the organizers. They could always be set up in a separate area away from the competition. Other riders should bring any obstacles they have around.

Yes, of course…that would be awesome. Like I said earlier, I am no unicycle expert and any input is certainly appreciated. We will have to put them in the area we will have quardoned off.

Weather today looks good… time to start building those boxes!

Hey Tim check your PM’s and email, I’ve sent you some questions that I need answers for asap.

Thanks