Best pictures of 2015 for Unicycling Calendar

This guy [halfabike] has some really great photos. Don’t know if he’s a member.

I want to get in on this for once (usually I’m way too slow getting my pictures out). Here’s a few from 2015:

Note: These are just exports at 800px, with the copyright notice my app puts on automatically. If anyone would like to use these for a calendar I can output some proper, high-res ones.

Thanks all so far, this is turning into an eye candy thread.

Let me rephrase that. Pictures of unicycles ‘posing’ (with or without rider(s)) have generally a low chance of ending up in my calendar. There have been exceptions in the past where there was a funny twist; Rafael’s picture of a statue of the Green Hulk riding his (Rafael’s) unicycle comes to mind.

Also, to date the pictures are somewhat heavy on MUni and XC (with male riders, for that matter). While I love that discipline, I’d encourage more diversity. Where are the trials/street/urban, freestyle, racing photos hanging out? Or the remarkable ones e.g. very young or very old riders, surprising places to ride, very special unicycles, etc?

Here is one of my all time favorites from this year (and actually ever) of me performing. I was halfway thru my show when all of a sudden a huge bang went off and I sat up on my 12 foot watching the fireworks then continued on my show. This was taken by a fan and this is the highest resolution I have.

Here is another one taken at a festival in Tempe, AZ. A fan took it and edited it to look like this.

Here are two muni photos. These were taken and edited by Tim Lovasen.

And the last ones are from when I rode the Colorado Trail on a unicycle.

600_441844450.jpeg

Pity that the wheel is not on the picture. For all we know you could be polesitting.

Would you have a higher res version of this one?

Is this an unsupported, solo, more-than-one-day trip? Looks like it, judging from what you carry.

Ya it would be nice if the wheel was in the picture but I kinda like the mystery of it not being there. :slight_smile:

The highest resolution of that photo I have is 116kb but I might be able to ask for a higher one if needed.

Yes, on August 25th, 2015, my birthday, I started an epic solo muni adventure riding the entire Colorado Trail self supported. It’s 500 miles (805km) long with an average elevation of 10,000 feet thru the Rocky Mountains with 90,000 feet (27,400m) of climbing. I averaged 25 miles a day taking 21 days to finish. You can read all about it in my blog here: http://www.uniproshow.com/apps/blog/

more to come.

best15.jpg

as always, can’t decide.

best 15 2.jpg

best 15 3.jpg

best15 4.jpg

best15 5.jpg

falknis5.jpg

gau2.jpg

gau1.jpg

best15 10.jpg

Denmark

A few pics taken by James Kao, of James Kao Foto.

It reflects the crowd over here. Many of the youngsters are on fb.

FB is VERY popular with unicyclists, and new members are joining the various groups almost daily. There’s a wide variety of forums, including Unicycle chat, MUni chat, 40+ unicyclists, road & distance, uni videos, uni cinematography, even unicycle memes! Plus our own FB pages. While I still come here a few times per week to see what’s happening, I login in to FB daily to chat with friends and find it much more interactive and a very positive and friendly environment. :slight_smile:

The moment, when you cross the finish line… :wink: :sunglasses:
Again, PM me for a higher resolution.

from today:

G0095403.jpg

G0065294.jpg

G0085353.jpg

Still waiting for the shot to accompany that one – where you’re riding down off that peak!

(I wouldn’t either)

True for you, maybe not so much for that guy in the foreground… :astonished:

Your riding skills and photo skills combine into amazing pictures time and time again!

Not good quality but I like the moment: