Best Photos of 2006

Hah actualy it has, but just to add the photographer’s name. I always hate to post a picture somewhere and not let people know who the talent is behind the camera. The rider is rarely the star of a shot, it takes a good person behind the camera to truly capture the feeling of it all.

There is a bit of a trick to the shot though, it was shot with a wide angle lense, not a huge one but enough that it looks more dynamic and makes me look a bit higher from the edge than I am. From the looks of it I’m 3 feet above it, but it was more like 18 inches or so. I really had to push myself to be able to clear that set. It was massive.

I’m sure you’ve been posting here much longer than I have but even I have noticed that you can’t control a thread. Once started, they have a life of thier own. :smiley:

That may be right, but I’ll just keep on popping up and posting annoying reminders if blurry people keep cutting their heads off.

Would it be possible, I know this is probably a bit complex, to post EXIF data where its available? I know Bill Gilbertson’s photos are taken with a 350D, so that should do it, as should the wideangle one of spencer. The gallery does this automatically, and it would just be interesting, and I’d like to know what mm lens that wide-angle is…

Here’s Mine:

Mike & The Eye:

File Name: IMG_5372.JPG
Camera Model: Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL
Shooting Date/Time: 29/10/2006 11:59:58
Shooting Mode: Program AE
Tv(Shutter Speed): 1/500
Av(Aperture Value): 13.0
Metering Mode: Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed: 400
Lens: 18.0 - 55.0 mm
Focal Length: 18.0 mm
Image Size: 3456x2304

Rocco & The Wall

File Name: IMG_5434.JPG
Camera Model: Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL
Shooting Date/Time: 29/10/2006 14:22:50
Shooting Mode: Program AE
Tv(Shutter Speed): 1/160
Av(Aperture Value): 10.0
Metering Mode: Evaluative Metering
ISO Speed: 400
Lens: 18.0 - 55.0 mm
Focal Length: 41.0 mm
Image Size: 3456x2304

For those interested…

Loose

I don’t think Bill G. has a Canon 350D. The two cameras he had at Unicon were, I believe, a Canon 20D and a 5D or 1D or otherwise one of their pro models, with a full-frame CCD.

You can ask for EXIF data, but it’s probably only going to be there if people don’t use the wrong software between the camera and their upload. Do camera phones record EXIF data?

:d

^that’s an incredible photo

I always love your pictures Mike. They are always so good.

that is really good.

My Best of 2006

My “post ride” solo ride from the Moab MUni Fest.

I tried a trail Kris told me about after doing the MUni Fest Sovereign Trail ride but I made a wrong turn ( I found out later) right away and my one hour extra ride became over three hours. It was fun but I was worried for a while. Being lost in the Moab backcountry could get ugly. Lucky for me I met a couple mtn bikers who told me I was on a big loop on more of the Sovereign Trail.

I forgot to say that my camera was on the timer. Rider & Photographer were both me.

Wow, thats impressive:)
Nice picture too.

I think that is one of the best pictures so far. Not to mention it is exactly what I want to be doing right now. I am even currently building up a 26" snow monster.

Snow MUni is wicked fun, especially at ski area’s & in my case: with my daughter.

Thx, it was an incredible day. First Snow MUni down the mountain, then tele ski down the mountain.

Thx, I am so grateful to have a backyard like I do. LIVING THE DREAM, INSTEAD OF DREAMING TO LIVE.
Peace.

Well I guess I’ll stick this one in here… I like the wet cement and the weather in the background and stuff…

Not exactly a riding picture, but I like it. The volcano in the background is 5950 m Licancabur, which I climbed and tried to ride a few weeks ago. It’s located in the southwest corner of Bolivia.

Kris

i love it.
is there any way we could get a high res. copy?
i would love to have this as my desktop backround

Send me an email- info at krisholm.com.

K.

Not a riding pic either, but I like the way it turned out.