bc

Yes, yes you do.

hey mornish

Buy a bc. dont try 2 build 1.

Why not? I built mine, and it is probobly the strongest bc in the world.

wat parts r on it?

Mine?

Halo SAS 24" rim powdercoated white 48H.

Oddyssey Hazard 14mm Hub powdercoated white 48H.

DT swiss spokes

Custom slicked tire

Eb plates

Everyone know’s you have to build your bc.
There atleast 25x better.
I’m sure Even will agree with me on that one.

even, that bc looks so good i think you might have one me over to get a 24". If i get a 24" wat kind of wheel should I get? also r the halo rims good?

The SAS’s are the strongest they make, the others are still strong, but not as much, however they are lighter.

ok, if I get a 24" bc, do u know good inexpensive parts I can get? im saving up right now for uni/skateboard related stuff right now so i dont want 2 spend very much on bcs. also is a 3" wide tire better than 2.5?

miles

If you want a Quality bc, you buy Quality parts and pay a pretty penny on them too. If you want a weak, fragile bc, then buy bad, weak parts for very cheap. Your choice.

Miles,

If your planning to hop over stuff, the SAS’s arent for you.

Shur there sexy and sleek with the 48 spokes and the powdercalk;avdrool
but with a BC, weight is a factor!

bottom line is, get a MTX

MTX? lol it sounds like I need 2 get a 20" again. 2 bad I can’t afford a 20" and a 24".

miles

lol maybe I should get a trials bc like spencers? but would that be good for learning?

20"s feel tiny between your feet, they tend to be squirly and not the best for learning. 24s have a more rolling rythm and just feel better between your legs.

SAS’s are GREAT rims, they are heavy, but you dont want to flatspot a rim because you got some light rim. I did this 2 times, I flatspoted a Alex dx-32 and a tryall 26".

don’t worry about it.
evan’s got his pants in a knot because he’s got to have the best out there and spend the most money 'cause he hasn’t learned the value of the hard-earned dollar.

don’t buy the cheapest parts, but you don’t have to go with the most expensive,newest,“best” out there. ask around your LBS’s and such for a good idea as to what is strong and what is not. Just because those guys ride two wheels doesn’t mean they’re stupid, they’re a good resource, and you may end up getting one interested while you’re at it.

Matt wishes he knew what he was talking about.

LBS’s Know nothing when it comes to this stuff.

You want the strongest parts you can afford, Bent stuff is worthless.

I took the route this young chap is about to take…

Buy cheap, Bend.

Buy moderatly strong, Bend.

Buy LBS recomended parts, Bend.

Buy Top of the line, It holds.

It pays off in the long run to save your money and get top of the line parts.

yea, but my LBS dindn’t have very many good 24" wheelsets and im saving up mainly for uni related parts. are 20"s really that hard for learning? my lbs has wat seems 2 be a great wheelset with a 20" sun brf rim, 14mm axle and i think 48 spokes. its also pretty light.

miles

k you WONT flat spot a MTX

and yes miles, a Sun-Ringle MTX.

So go to your local bike shop and buy one. there great rims

Mtx???

20’s arent that bad, evan’s just single-minded.
i learned quick on a 20, never even having tryed a bc, so much having seen one before.

they work just fine for learning.