bc

You could get a Bedford 20" bc with pro plateforms for about the same price.

Oh and yeah, Evan made one 16" trials uni (the other one never got finnished) and it is currently at my house dissassembled without cranks:)

What? It was trial and error. Im trying to save this poor kid from the Error of getting a 20" bc.

It isn’t an error, just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean that noone else should ever buy one. He is 12 and small so a 24" would probably be harder to handle anyway. I think both wheel sizes have their uses and disadvantages so let people pick which one they think would be better for their riding.

He asked for our opinions. Im my opinion it is an error to buy one.

YEah, don’t listen to Evan unless he’s being useful. He’s just bitter cuz he can’t ride right now.

-Phil

When am i being useful?

Not very often from what I can tell.

-Phil

lol hat was sooooo funny reeding that.

well…
i like my 20". It’s good. I liked it for learning, as well.
I don’t think size matters too much on a BC, but i’m tempted to go and get a 24" to try out evan’s fanatical “opinions.”

your all a bunch of girls and just need to shut up. go with whatever you think is best.

now i’m waiting for the female forum readers to tear him apart… tee hee! this should be good.

Dosn’t matter? DOSN’T MATTER?!?!?!!

Oh christ matt, what has gotten into you. Size on a bc is just as, if not more improntant than a uni. Saying to someone, do this grind on a 20" bc, is like say do this muni line on a 12".

then y have i seen spencer do better grinds on his 20 then you on ur 24?:stuck_out_tongue:

Real men like a challenge. Real men ride 20" bc’s. :wink:

I dout that but im not going to argue that.

However, The preformance that the 24" delivers its usualy not noticable to the eye. Some things to watch for when you ride it are:

The wheel tends to stay slight more straight between your legs due to its larger size.

Inceased speed in mounts and general riding.

It builds up speed better.

The tire is placed at such a place on your leg you can better control it for braking, one footing, and other areas you need to use the tire for control over the wheel.

One very noticable upside to teh 24" is for handwalking, bc spins, hand braking and forward to backward hand transitions is the fact that the tire is closer to you, which means you can keep your body more upright, you dont need to lean over as much and your are over all more ballance and in a closer to normal riding posture.

For grinds the plates are 2" higher and closer to the object you are planing on grinding, whichs means due to your lower hops, you can keep better ballance, and get better control over the grind.

Now, some of the up-sides i mentioned may not seem like you would notice them much, if all when riding it, and yes, your right, some are hard to tell. However if you really take the time and try them out, you will be able to weigh the Pros and cons of either wheel size for yourself and better determine which size you want.

Here are the few downsides of the 24":

Hops heights are considerbly lowerd with the larger wheel, however, 20" hops are easily achievable, Its only when your get up past 25" and closer to 30" that you really see yourself working harder to get the 24" up high compared to the 20".

24"s are by nature slightly heavyer than 20"s, but that is such a little drawback that the problems with the 20"s by far out weigh the slight added weight. (on a side note if you use a tryall or drilled out rim that added weight its completly taken care of, infact, i have a 26" with tryall rim, and it is even lighter than a standard trials or double wall rim Bmx wheel)

Portability is a slight issue with the 24", i can fit a 20" in my lap in the car, but 24"s i cant.

Ha, I must have missed that. Maybe you have just seen me grind more but Evan is alot better at them. The difference is Evan only rides bcs and I do both ( uni and bc), more uni actually.

That was one of the longest posts I have seen you type evan;) I agree with what you said about the 24s but I like the 20s better for stuff like shifties and no footers and stuff that is just more techy.

ok, thanks. next uni convention i go to I might be able to try a 24" it had seemed that the 20" went plenty fast but i was only going like 10 feet before falling off on good tries.

miles

ps. does any1 have pics of any of the bedford bcs? or knows the parts on them?

:astonished: i’d love to see a 36" BC.
i suppose u’d need long legs for that tho.
Imagine how FAST that must go!

and what if your a midget?

Midgets can unicycle too you know!:smiley:

U don’t need a bc silly.