BASE Unicycles

Anyone Know anything about these?

All your BASE unicycles are belong to us.

So what’s a BASE unicycle? In other words, got a link or something to fill out your question?

Someone had to say it, didn’t they… :slight_smile:

I can’t find anything about unicycles, but is www.base-bikes.com related in any way? (No mention of unicycles, but still…)

Phil

I don’t think it is connected with what Jamie does.
I think it might be the summit re-badged again

BASE stands for Buildings, Arials, Spans, Earth, and BASE unicycles are used for unicycle BASE Jumping. This is illegal in many states of the USA, particularly in the National Parks.

In the UK, BASE unicycle jumping pioneer Arnold R. Vark has ridden off hills as steep as 98.7% and heights of up to 35 metres, relying on the additional cushioning provided by a second wheel between the seat and the primary wheel of his unicycle.

In a message later found under the windscreen wiper of his car, the late Mr. Vark asked for donations to be made in his memory to the Tubulidentata Welfare Society.

To what address may I send my donation? I know that the man was fond of Bainbridge Island ice cream and would like to send some.

Pity about the loss. I presume the unicycle was smashed literally to bits at the end of his “final” drop?

Aha! That would explain why he insisted that the Last Post should be played on a cornet at his funeral.

You were nearly right: it was literally smashed to bits. Indeed, the first reports in the local news were of an horrific bicycle crash. It was only the absence of a chain which alerted the authorities that something unusual was afoot.

Re: BASE Unicycles

> To what address may I send my donation? I know that the man was fond of
> Bainbridge Island ice cream and would like to send some.

Rumours of my death are greatly exaggerated. Still, a donation would
be cool, though I fear the ice-cream would melt in transit. :slight_smile:

Arnold the (Apparently Ex-)Aardvark