Attention Lurkers...

Re: Attention Lurkers…

Hello,
Serial lurker Joe here (Worcs. UK) Have owned a uni since xmas, but wanted one for years. Learning slowly, thanks largely to advice here, other newbies seem to ask the questions I have at roughly the same time, especially the ‘seat comfort/crushing unjury’ thing.
I see there’s a gathering at Kidderminster in April, so I’ll have make sure I’m reasonably proficient at staying on top by then…maybe see some of you there…

Joe

Re: Re: Attention Lurkers…

In Worcester, or around? My first uni came from a little shop in Worcester… cor.

There are loads of unicyclists in Kidderminster, so when you get the hang of it there are always people to ride with.

Phil

Well, I probably only post once a month, so that qualifies me as a lurker, I think.

I’m Caleb from Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada. I’m 21, and ride trials.

If you are really interested in me, I have a website loaded with more personal information.

Oh where oh were could Unijess have gone, oh where oh where could she be…:wink:

ahh, whatever, I might as well join in. I’m John, 18, I live in Nottingham most of the time, 'cause I’m studying electronic engineering at uni here. When not in Nottingham I live in sunny, exciting Lincolnshire. And they’re both in the UK. I don’t know if I’m good enough to say what sort of riding I do, but I will anyway. Mainly muni, in the brief intervals between my 1 uni being out of action (I’ve just re-built the wheel because I destroyed the threads on the hub, and am waiting for it to be trued). I also try a bit of trials, although not much, and kinda freestyle.
I’m mainly a lurker due to lack of ability to say anything useful. Give me time…

John

Get with it man! That has never stopped many of us here. :smiley:

Can a post be self referential?

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

I apologise. In future I will attempt to fill up random space with mindless gibberings.:smiley: I should at least be able to write high quality gibberish.

I’m not sure. However, if I refer you all to the paragraph above, I cannot let this be an obstacle anymore. In which case: No, it can’t.

John

Really should get a signature / avatar someday

high quality gibberish

Yes. Nothing quite like high quality gibberish. Now I’ve heard some crappy gibberish in my day, and this forum is definitely in the running for Most Useful Gibberish of 2002 category. I have yet to find any other contestants, so it might be one of those “winner by default” things.

And what’s up with vegetarians that like fur?

A poor excuse… it never stopped me…

Phil

Re: re: Attention Lurkers…

Oh sure, you only wnet to those websites because you wanted to see what it was all about. Do you live in the UK? Are you an aging rockstar?

Did I hurt your poor little feelings? Do you remember who started behaving badly first? Didn’t think so. Ignorance can cloud the minds of simpletons.

Kiss kiss!

Re: high quality gibberish

And what’s up with vegetarians that like fur? [/B]
[/QUOTE]

I think it’s OK if they don’t actually EAT the fur.

hey
I’m Greg, Im 15 years old, I’m about a 4 or a 5 (never tested), I have some sort of 20 inch unicycle and a 5 foot Giraffe. I would Muni, but there isnt any mountains in Wilmington NC. Before i broke my crank, I was trying to perfect the seat out in front. The Kris Holm 20" trials unicycle looks really cool so im trying to save up my lawn mowing money for that. If there’s anybody in Wilmington who wants to ride, or have their lawn mowed to support a good cause, let me know.

cornsyrup

Re: Attention Lurkers…

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:21:53 -0600, JJuggle
<JJuggle.h9lsc@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote:

>can a post be self referential?

This one is.

(I reposted above message on the newsgroup to get it to the forum as
well)

Klaas Bil

Ride carefully; 25% of the people in the world are caused by accidents.

I’ll lurk you! I’ll lurk you all!

That was a lurk.

So yeah, I live with Sal (Monkey Juggler) and have similar interests as far as styles go. I also know Jeff Lutkus; I’ve even ridden his Coker. I’m working my best to catch up with him in skill. Level 4ish now. I can’t make myself put in the time to practice idling and can only get about 10 idles with my good foot, but I can almost wheel-walk. Weird huh? I think my problem is this: “Why would you ever not want to be moving on a unicycle? It’s so much less exciting.” Sorry for that rant. I’ve been riding since around the begining of october.

Kenny here, not a lurker, but new to the board. Guess I’m the old guy here (50 in a few months, YIKES!!!), I just picked up my first uni a few weeks ago, still learning the ropes! Been racing and riding mountain bikes since '90 and looking for somethimg different (like a uni), Raced motorcycles offroad 'til I broke my neck in '89. That’s what got me into mountain biking (needed a “dirt fix”) and I’m looking forward to learning how to ride this uni so I can hit the dirt with it !!!

i guess ive been lurking lately…

RancidFlannel is Danner from RIT, NY, also one of the spawn of jeff lutkus, plus the 6 dollar brand new raffled unicycle from unicycle.com

i ride a 24X3" nimbus/Yuni(nimbus if ordered from UK, right?)

my axle is busted at the moment, but i’ll be back as soon as that gets fixed…

i also juggle, play Go, footbag, and am just starting Kendo(looking forward to uni-kendo-fencing)

i like MUni the best, but its really flat here in Rochester, so trials are always out there…

hello all

My name is James Cowan, I’m 14 and i live in ottawa, I guess i lurk a little but whatever. I’m mainly interested in trials and muni but i go to a gym on sundays to practice my freestyle. My favorite tricks are unispins and gliding (just learning to glide, it’s hard!). I also learned to grind rails (as oppose to ledges) recently and it isn’t that hard, you should try it!

later.

The Forum’s a mix of Young Bucks and Old Codgers (Harper might claim to be an Old Buck, but he’s more like a Young Codger). The majority are experiencing child hood for the first or second time, but there are some that mature fast and might claim a third go.

Welcome to the ranks.

-Christopher

Was there ever a reason to leave?

Did someone say where is Unijess? I might be completely wromng here but maybe this is why she has gone…

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18950&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Anyone think i might be right?