Attention Lurkers...

To all the lurkers out there, lets take the opertunity to say Hi! and introduce yourself to everyone. We dont care how good you are at unicycling. Just that you are here and that you enjoy riding on one wheel!

I’ll start even though I’m not a lurker.

My name is Mike, Chex or Mr. Nutz depending on who you ask. I’m 19 years old and attend the university of pittsburgh. I have been riding for arround 1 year now. And my favorate trick is the unispin.

Now its your turn. Go ahead introduce yourself!

Mike

Curious to see if I get any responces at all from this one…

Hi, Mike. I’m Dave, a.k.a. uni57. I’ve been here since I started riding in October 2002. I lurk between posts (31 so far), so I’m going to say hi. :astonished:

One day I just started posting. I never introduced myself. Nor did anyone ever say “welcome to the group” (hint, hint ;)). I sort of felt like an outsider for a while (maybe I still do). Kind of like walking up uninvited to a group of people and just inserting yourself into their conversation. So, for what it’s worth – welcome to all the lurkers and newbies! Don’t be shy!

I’m a level zero rider. I still UPD a lot, but I can do a rolling mount! (my latest accomplishment)

uni57 (Dave)
P.S. - MAYBE this should be moved to Just Conversation. On the other hand, it has direct relevance to RSU – by encouraging people to contribute. We can let the J.C. police decide.

Re: Attention Lurkers…

Hey there,
I’m Dustin A.K.A. Unipickle I’ve been riding for about three years off an
on and have basically just read the posts on here for about that time, all
my questions were answered without much participation, so I didn’t feel the
need.
I’m about a level 2 or 3 rider, I do Muni and a little trials but not
much since my uni isn’t really built for trials (a 26" Hunter Muni with a
2.6" Gazz and Sun doublewide rim with a re-inforced, older style miyata
seat, not the lightest uni on the block) and I just like to ride around town
or do whatever, I’ve been known to visit the Vancouver Uni Club when I get
the chance I wasn’t able to make it out to the last meet, but I do what I
can.
So now that you know me, I’ll go back to lurking.

retreats into the darkness
Dustin
Zupancic

> Hi, Mike. I’m Dave, a.k.a. uni57. I’ve been here since I started
> riding in October 2002. I lurk between posts (31 so far), so I’m going
> to say hi. :astonished:
>
> One day I just started posting. I never introduced myself. Nor did
> anyone ever say “welcome to the group” (hint, hint ;)). I sort of felt
> like an outsider for a while (maybe I still do). Kind of like walking
> up uninvited to a group of people and just inserting yourself into their
> conversation. So, for what it’s worth – welcome to all the lurkers and
> newbies! Don’t be shy!
>
> I’m a level zero rider. I still UPD a lot, but I can do a rolling
> mount! (my latest accomplishment)
>
> uni57 (Dave)
> P.S. - MAYBE this should be moved to Just Conversation. On the other
> hand, it has direct relevance to RSU – by encouraging people to
> contribute. We can let the J.C. police decide.
>
>
> –
> uni57 - I can ride!
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> uni57’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2085
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/22758
>

Hey! Im Joe. Im 15 in March. I learnt to unicycle in summer of 2001, on a learner uni. Now i gave a UDC MaxtTaction (26x2.6 Gazz, Air Miyata), UDC Trails (19" Alex Rim etc.), Nimbus II (with Miyata, Primo Tyre) and a 6ft DM (with sexy blue chain tensioners!! :D). My dad learnt to ride, as there is no one round were i live who unicycles. He learnt in the begining of last year. Hes now got a Learner Uni (with Miyata and Primo) and a Pashley MUni (26x2.6 Gazz and KH saddle).

I dont do much trials, but i got the Trials uni, so not to kill my Nimbus (again) and the MaxTration was too bulkey to jump on small rocks with! :slight_smile:

I dont post much, but when i do, its usually a question. I’d like to say thanks to all those who hav answered my questions, and John Foss, seriously, is a know-it-all! (which is a great thing!!! :D)

Joe,
Newcastle, UK

I’d just like to say the ultimate lurker of all is Jeff Lutkus. He lurks and lurks, but when he speaks, you damn well listen. His words are words to live by.

Dylan

PS anyone recognise my signature…?

Hi!

Im Leo from Sydney, Australia. I read the forum a bit but dont post often. I
have a little website for unicycling but I dont update it very often cause
its difficult to get my girlfriend out to take photos!

Im 30 years old (should know better) and ride at about level 3 or so. Mostly
do Muni stuff locally or riding around the city. Best stair ride Ive made so
far is 9 steps!

I’ll go back to lurking now.

Leo

“Checkernuts” <Checkernuts.h4sen@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:Checkernuts.h4sen@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> To all the lurkers out there, lets take the opertunity to say Hi! and
> introduce yourself to everyone. We dont care how good you are at
> unicycling. Just that you are here and that you enjoy riding on one
> wheel!
>
> I’ll start even though I’m not a lurker.
>
> My name is Mike, Chex or Mr. Nutz depending on who you ask. I’m 19 years
> old and attend the university of pittsburgh. I have been riding for
> arround 1 year now. And my favorate trick is the unispin.
>
> Now its your turn. Go ahead introduce yourself!
>
> Mike
>
> Curious to see if I get any responces at all from this one…
>
>
> –
> Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That’s Unpossible
>
> No one said it was gonna be easy and I’m not afraid to try, with the
> odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
> to do it right. H20
> Checkernuts’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
>

HI!
I’m Morten.
I had been riding for a couple of years when but then I ran out of things new things worth learning and lost interest. Then I got online and saw all the fun things other people did.
My seatpost broke, so right now the gliding practice is on hold and I’m trying to get the UW thing right.

I don’t post that often, but I read the forum alot, and the search feature is great.

Morten Borges
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi Unicyclist,

I’m Gene, I first learned how to uni when I was 13. The wheel was the same as thoses used on a tricycle. I did manage to ride learn to ride forward & free mount. The uni didn’t last long and the wheel fell apart.

In September I was web surfing and I viewed some of Kris Holm’s video trailers. That really got me wanting to try Muni. I bought a 24" Yuni with a 3" tire. I can still ride at age 42.

With this forum I found somebody to ride with in Salem Oregon, but it’s tough to get Jagur away from his computer. I hope that he gets his replacement unicycle parts soon so we can ride.

I enjoy reading all of the post in this forum, but have only posted once, now twice.

Gene

This is from one of the greatest movies in comedy history, Dumb and Dumber.

On an on topic note:
I dont really lurk much, and I post often.
Ill be 15 in February, and I like trials riding and muni, and collecting model cars.
Thats bout it

Scott

Hi, I’m Bob (34, Auto body worker). My screen name is fallout from three other boards. I have been riding (or falling) for less than a month, but I look forward to falling on the trail. I’m learning on a Torker till all my parts show up to finish my Yuni and KH24 pro. I can go forward, freemount, and backwards, though I have yet to ride outside.

My name’s Tom (aka Memphis Mud). I learned at age 13 or 14 and hibernated for almost 30 years. Found the Memphis Unicycle Club. Re-enthuzed. Really like MUni. But enjoy Giraffe and Coker and putzing around on the original 24" ?name Uni from youth.

Learning alot from lurking and playing with MUCsters. Can always catch a ride with Tommy here in Memphis.

Typical: after 3 mile bumpy ride on trail, Tommy (still hopping around the parking lot) says “Tomorrow ya wanna do Shelby Farms?” (boing, boing, boing)

I reply (huffing and picking leaves and dirt from my teeth), by grunting something unintelligable.

Hi I’m Brad. My dad is Bruce. I’m 9 and a level 4. I ride a Torker freestyle and a giraffe and a monty trials but I like my coker the best. At our club we play hockey. I like hockey. We went to unicon and i got a bronze medal in standard skills. Bye.
Brad

Attention Lurkers…

Hi, Brad!

We look forward to hearing more from you anytime!

Stay on top!

– Glutes

You guys should post more often, you seem like a good bunch of guys! Welcome to the gang.

Sold down the river by his ridding buddy… yikes!

-C

Bob, I know you! We rode together at Sugarbottom trails in Iowa a couple years ago with some folks from the Passion forum. The Chris Cannon memorial ride. I was on a crappy blue singlespeed mountain bike and you were on an Azonics singlespeed with 24 inch wheels.

I rode Sugarbottom on my 24x3 inch muni this summer. It was hard but ridable. The difficult loops were perfect for muni. The hardest thing was that super steep downhill, you know the one.

cheers and beers…Mojoe from North Iowa

memorialride3.jpg

Hi all,

I’m Jerry. Mostly I lurk, but I do post occasionally. I’m 55, ride a 26 Sem XL and an Onza trials.

Yesterday, went on my first ride with another rsu-er from San Diego. We rode a trail (walked the creek though), then I tried to keep up with his Coker on the street (improved my spin!), and finally we fooled around working on jumping curbs and starting to rolling hop. Great fun having someone else to ride with!

I’m hoping to make Unicon this summer (my son goes to college at UM, so it’ll make a good excuse for a visit). Just mailing off my USA membership today.

Also starting to think about Moab, but not sure I’m good enough to ride with everyone who’ll probably show up there. Enjoyed the video by Nick and Mike a bunch though! Good work.

Well, back to the lurk…

Jerry

Yep, that would be us.  Maybe next year, we can do the memorial ride on MUni's?  My Azonic has been disected and replaced with a Planet X Zebdi trials frame (see picture) so that's probably why I picked up unicycling pretty quickly.  My goal is to ride those stunts at http://www.challengepark.com/home.asp with the MUni.  Hopefully we can hook up in the near future, Bob.[IMG]http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/Sept15c.jpg[/IMG]

newbie, semi lurker

my name’s alex but my friends call me soap (it’s not a very long story, but i’m not going to tell it right now). i’m 16 and i’m only a semilurker.
i should be getting a new united trials uni in the mail any day now. can’t wait :smiley:

this is my band, Locker 47, if you’re interested. i play bass

i don’t think there are any unicyclists besides me on Long Island. If you know of any, tell them to post something here.

:slight_smile:

Dirtsurfer wrote:
> Hi, I’m Bob (34, Auto body worker). My screen name is fallout from
> three other boards. I have been riding (or falling) for less than a
> month, but I look forward to falling on the trail. I’m learning on a
> Torker till all my parts show up to finish my Yuni and KH24 pro. I can
> go forward, freemount, and backwards, though I have yet to ride outside.
>
>
> –
> Dirtsurfer - You want it when???
> Dirtsurfer’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2352
>

Hi I’m Steve and imonly 11 but i have been yuning for 2 weeks i can only
ride about 20 25 feet
Im also a huge fan of muni’s hey if wanna talk more i can talk on AQL
instant Messanger my SN is Viking VCS

-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----