Attention Lurkers...

I’m Isaac. 14 from Memphis. I don’t know if I’m a lurker or just new. Some of you might know me from rec.juggling.
-Isaac

Hey, Isaac-

Have you hooked up with the Memphis Unicycle Club? Great bunch of people- I drive up to ride with them on a regular basis. For more info go to www.memphisunicycleclub.com. Five or 6 of us are treking to Miniapolis/St Paul for the Mondo Juggle/Unicycle/Yo-Yo fest- you might consider joining us (week end of Feb 7th).

-Christopher

Hey all, I’m not really a lurker but i did for a little while, but My name is Aaron, I’m 14 and can up 2.3 feet! I’ve been riding since the end of may in 2002, my favorite trick is… wait i suck at freestyle… gapping

Hi, My name is Jay, 19 yrs old, live in Ithaca NY. Started riding about 1 year ago, enjoy trials/learning freestyle tricks the most.
current fav. trick is riding backwards, getting better at that so I can do it as well as fowards. About a level 3/almost 4 here.

topside

Hi, my name is Daniel I’m a Crazy Romanian mountain unicyclist. I’ve been riding for almost 3 months, sadly I’m with out a ride right now because yesterday on the north ridge trail of Mary’s Peak I broke my crank(lasco right side 170mm). I’m on a visa that does not allow me to work here, so if any wealthly Unicyclist would have mercy on me and buy me a new profile hub(please please please) I could start riding again. Actually any spare equipment would do. :roll_eyes:

HI! My name’s Mark; I’m 34 years old (almost 35) and live in Albany, NY. I’m a newbie; just got my first uni this Christmas after 15+ years of wanting one. Can’t wait until spring thaw, so I can begin serious practice.

User name refers to my new baby girl, born on 12-07-02. Only 1 month old.

Hello,
I’m Sal and I have posted a few times here and there but I mostly lurk. Thats what I do. I ride a Yuni Muni 24x3 (Gazz) and an Onza trials uni. I am somewhere around level 6 pushing level 7 still have a few misc skills to learn (seat on side) in the lower levels. Though I have not been tested yet. Best trick; I’m guessing 180 spin into frontside grind. Favorite style is street, although Muni and Trials are a blast as well. I have been riding about 6 months.

• Sal

PS I’m 19 and attending RIT. Jeff Lutkus is the reason I unicycle today. I saw him unicycling around campus and my interest was sparked.

Hi I’m Ken, 24, from Wellington, NZ. I was a lurker for many months but started posting more frequently last year after I broke my ankle.

Anyway, I should be out riding more often so I’m going to be lurking for a bit.

Have fun everyone,

Ken

Hi All

I’m Tim; I’m 39 (going on 12). I learned to ride a wobbly line in high school, then drifted away. I started up again with the old uni this summer when my 5-year-old started riding her bike without training wheels. She thinks it’s pretty cool that she’s faster than me.

I can freemount, ride forwards and backwards and I’m flirting with idling. I rode some dirt roads in the summer but now I’m riding hard-packed snow trails and down toboggan hills - what a blast! The old (cotter-style) uni is starting to get tired though so I’m looking forward to a proper Muni in the spring.

My 9-year-old wants to learn next summer so the old uni will go to her (less the Savage saddle with it’s carpet cover)!

Enjoy!

Tim

I knew it! I knew Gluteous was a molester!! Did you see his evil reply to innocent 9 year old Brad? Yuck. Evil.

I’ve posted a couple of times. Tried some humor, but really only made enemies (buttcheek here came out blazing). Why? What is so cool about a bunch of unicyclists that they can’t find the strength to laugh at themselves. Please.

When you ride the local trails, do you get the same 2 responses from cyclists that I do? One group says “hey cool, way to go” and the like while the other is way too cool for school that they pretend you don’t exist even when you give them the cool guy biker nod. Anyone else see this?

Re: Attention Lurkers…

“Daddy120702” <Daddy120702.h68yd@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:Daddy120702.h68yd@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> HI! My name’s Mark, and I’m a newbie. Just got my first uni this
> Christmas after 15+ years of wanting one. Can’t wait until spring thaw,
> so I can begin serious practice.
>
> User name refers to my new baby girl, born on 12-07-02. Only 1 month
> old.

Congratulations!

And by the way, Pearl Harbor Day is the best date to have.

Doug

Hey gang,

My name (as my handle states) is Jon. I live and work in the Berkeley, CA area, and have been unicycling since around September, when my brother-in-law introduced me to it (he got introduced to it not much earlier by his then-new girlfriend).

We like to go unicycling out at the Berkeley Marina occasionally, and other than that, I usually just practice around my house. Perhaps when the weather gets better, I’ll try the 4 mile trek to work, although with my 24" Torker, it’ll probably take me a while.

I’m roughly a level 2.5 rider; I’ve not tried figure 8s, but I can do everything else in level 2, and i can do some of the level 3 stuff (I just learned the side mount, and am working on riding seat in front and idling).

I’ve been meaning to post a picture of myself in the Faces gallery, but this morning the drive in my file server died, killing 6 years worth of digital photos. I hate computers. Have I mentioned that I write embedded software for a living?

-Jon

What is a “cool guy biker nod”? Is it some secret, or is it just like a normal nod except you’re on a uni or bike?

BTW, I lurk most of the time and I reply if I find a good thread. So there. And I’m as close to level 3 as you can get without actually being at it. And I’ve been uniing for a year and a few months. I’m the best unicyclist in town. No, really.

If you’re interested, I can add you to our Northern California Monthly MUni Group Ride mailing list. Nathan Hoover and I send messages out to this group occasionally on the setting up of rides from the Bay area to the Sierra Nevada foothills. Don’t know if you’re interested in mountain unicycling yet.

Thank you for that timely reminder for me (and the rest of us) to back up our files. I think I’m a little behind on that, and I have a lot of pictures… :slight_smile: Perhaps your drive is salvageable? Tried Norton Diskedit on it or anything?

That’d be cool; I’m interested in giving Muni a try, although I don’t know how well I’d do with the stock Torker. jammer at weak dot org is my email address.

I’ve got a friend of a friend who apparently does data recovery for a living; he’s offered to look at it for me tomorrow evening. The sad bit is that I have a backup tape drive; it died last week. Put the tape in, it whirrrs for a minute and then spits the tape back out. sigh

-Jon

Me neither, though I usually post via Usenet.

I’m forty. I started riding in University - I think I was twenty or so. I went into remission for a long time, but started in with the unicycling again a couple of years ago.

I’d be working on riding backwards, except there’s too much snow on the ground outside. Instead I’m working on skating backwards - which is tough due to the need to watch out for the big cracks in the ice.

Lurker Reply

Hi guys

I’m Steve in San Diego. 42 years old and just started uni in Oct. Got hooked right away and bought a Coker; boy does it move. Not so fun to freemount when your tired or in my case, not too good yet. But I’m improving daily.
Just bent the right crank on my torker :frowning: trying to hop up a curb. I knew it wouldn’t hold up but I had to try.
I’m going to get basic MUni but the ones in my price range have a Suzue hub and I don’t know if it will hold up. I’m at about 200 lbs, not planning any large drops but you never know. Mostly just curbs and drops under a foot. Can’t afford a profile set up. Any big guys out there hop on a Suzue hub? What would be a good crank to go with it (under $50).

I’ve enjoyed reading (lurking) on this forum, You guys are a good group. Thanks for all the good posts and info.

PowPow,

I weigh in at 220. I bought a pashley about 6 months ago and I don’t hate it. It has a suzue hub and I haven’t broken anything on it yet. I take my dog for rides at least 3 x per week and go to local trails on the weekends, so it has seen a few miles already. The biggest drops I do so far are less than 1 foot (by far). I’ve also been working on hopping alot lately. It is freakishly heavy, but has yet to dissapoint. Help did I?

Unisteve,
The “cool guy biker look”? You know, when the guy on the other side of the street looks at you and gives you ever the slightest nod? His head will move about 0.6 degrees. Roadies do this all the time. It means they are cooler than you. I usually wave like a maniac right back at them. It’s fun. It means that I don’t give a damnn who thinks who is cooler than whom. (after all, when I’m not riding my road bike, I ride My UNI)

re: Attention Lurkers…

You have a lot to learn about humor, moron.

“Stay on Top” is a “cool unicyclist salutation”.

If there had been a problem with my reply to Brad’s post, I’m sure his father, Bruce, would have mentioned it here by now.

Just because your “mind” is in the gutter, don’t imagine the rest of us share or enjoy you attempts at comedy.

You have clearly demonstrated in your posts (such as in Jagur’s thread about his son’s toothache) that you are not qualified to expound on “cool”. We laugh at ourselves plenty here. Laughing at another’s pain is sick.

My name is Rick. I live north of Dayton, Ohio. I work for NCR. I do
technical support (application software) for ATMs at Sea (ATMs on US Navy
ships) and ATM support (hardware) for NCR Field Engineers that need help
fixing an ATM. I ride a 24" Schwinn. I also have a 20" Savage. I really need
to replace that seat.

Rick Eppley

“Checkernuts” <Checkernuts.h4sen@timelimit.unicyclist.com> wrote in message
news:Checkernuts.h4sen@timelimit.unicyclist.com
>
> To all the lurkers out there, lets take the opertunity to say Hi! and
> introduce yourself to everyone. We dont care how good you are at
> unicycling. Just that you are here and that you enjoy riding on one
> wheel!
>
> I’ll start even though I’m not a lurker.
>
> My name is Mike, Chex or Mr. Nutz depending on who you ask. I’m 19 years
> old and attend the university of pittsburgh. I have been riding for
> arround 1 year now. And my favorate trick is the unispin.
>
> Now its your turn. Go ahead introduce yourself!
>
> Mike
>
> Curious to see if I get any responces at all from this one…
>
>
> –
> Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That’s Unpossible
>
> No one said it was gonna be easy and I’m not afraid to try, with the
> odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
> to do it right. H20
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Checkernuts’s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801
> View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/22758
>